cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amazon disclosure

...I recently made a purchase on ebay and the item(s) came from amazon. I deliberately choose to shop on ebay to avoid dealing with amazon...not because I begrudge a seller making a couple of extra bucks or anything like that...but because I simply don't want to have anything to do with a company like amazon. This is the second time this has happened...I believe I should have the right to decide where my money goes...as little as it is...therefore I believe ebay sellers should be required to disclose that they are doing business with amazon, so that buyers can go somewhere else.

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

amazon disclosure

@mickey_shamrock wrote:

...I recently made a purchase on ebay and the item(s) came from amazon. I deliberately choose to shop on ebay to avoid dealing with amazon...not because I begrudge a seller making a couple of extra bucks or anything like that...but because I simply don't want to have anything to do with a company like amazon. This is the second time this has happened...I believe I should have the right to decide where my money goes...as little as it is...therefore I believe ebay sellers should be required to disclose that they are doing business with amazon, so that buyers can go somewhere else.

It is called drop shipping.  Perfectly acceptable.

To avoid, you could always ask before buying.

Message 2 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

You did decide where your money goes , it went to the seller , where the seller gets the goods to sell from is realy non of your concern , as long as you got what you ordered in a timely manner , you have NOTHING to complain about .

Message 3 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

Ain't gonna happen.   Sellers have to get their items from somewhere and it might as well be Amazon.  No seller is ever going to be required to disclose his sources.

Message 4 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

I see no reason why a seller in this case cannot disclose it.

Or in the case where the item will not come directly from the seller but by a 3rd party.

In my category drop shipping items are a bit more obvious.  And I avoid them.

Message 5 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

I imagine that if you pressed a seller on where he got his items, you would soon be added to his BBL.

Message 6 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

If Amazon is the supplier for a drop ship seller, how does the seller make any money?

Is the seller adding his or her margin to the Amazon price? When the seller has to pay eBay 10% plus an PayPal,  the sellers listing price has to be even higher yet.  This tells us we should all check with Amazon before bidding on eBay.

Or, could it be Amazon is cloaking their name as just another seller.  Does Amazon charge a buyer for sales tax as they do in some states?

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 7 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

@alcoforever wrote:

I imagine that if you pressed a seller on where he got his items, you would soon be added to his BBL.

Why?  Better to answer now rather than have an irate buyer return it back to you.

Message 8 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

Some sellers do sell on Amazon and Ebay and they use Amazon to ship their orders.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

If the buyer got the item for a price just as low as he/she would have had to pay if purchased directly from Amazon, then there is nothing wrong with it.

If the buyer had to pay more for the item than he/she would have paid if purchased directly from Amazon, then the seller is guilty of price gouging.

If I had some merchandise stored in an Amazon warehouse and had Amazon ship it to my eBay customers, I would want to tell my customers in my listings that it would be shipped from Amazon, and I would tell them why.  I would not want my customers to receive the item in an Amazon box and wonder if I was guilty of price gouging. 

Message 10 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

If the buyer had to pay more for the item than he/she would have paid if purchased directly from Amazon, then the seller is guilty of price gouging.

Are you saying that anything a seller lists at a price higher than what they paid their supplier is "price gouging"?

If that's your position then every single seller on eBay would be guilty.

Message 11 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

He confuses an opportunist with a price gouger...
Message 12 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

Be sure to leave appropriate FB expressing your displeasure.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 13 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

@slippinjimmy wrote:

Are you saying that anything a seller lists at a price higher than what they paid their supplier is "price gouging"?

If that's your position then every single seller on eBay would be guilty.

No, I am not saying that.

If I go to a store in my hometown and buy a can of coffee for $10.00, and after I get home I discover that the store owner bought that can of coffee for $8.00 from another store in my hometown that I often buy from,  I would not feel good about it.

Message 14 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

Most small sellers recycle clean boxes and they may come from Lowes, Walmart, Home Depot
Publix , HSN, Amazon. The box does not necessarily mean that's where the item came from. As long as your item was packed properly and safely, the box should not matter.
Message 15 of 71
latest reply