cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 18 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Join the Community team here at 1 PM PT on March 18th for our Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so please bring any general questions you may have about buying or selling.

The chat will be open for questions from 1-2 pm PT, at which point we'll close thread from additional responses. After this time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

If you're new to the chat, welcome! Simply Reply to this post with your question from 1-2 PM Pacific Time and we'll be happy to look into it for you.

Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Afternoon everyone - the chat is open for your questions!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 81
latest reply

When will eBay get rid of the 25 cents managed payment fee per listing, or give us a real update? Jordan clearly knows it is a concern for months upon months now. This is why everyone is so frustrated with eBay, little of actual substance. 

Message 3 of 81
latest reply

What can or should a seller do when scammed by a switcheroo, i.e. the buyer deliberately returns the wrong item?

Have searched the seller help pages in vain looking for an answer to this one.

Message 4 of 81
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

I need my listings/store refreshed, I emailed ebay CS yesterday the response I got was:

“I apologize Kevin, refreshing an account is not available as of the moment. Normally, we talk to the account owner over the phone but since phone call is not available we really cannot take actions.
Thanks for choosing eBay. We appreciated your business. You take care always and enjoy the rest of your day!”

Can someone please refresh my store? Takes few seconds and isn’t hard for ebay to do!

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 5 of 81
latest reply

"My post and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer"
Hi,
We do a lot of freight shipping and received this message from one of our brokers today

Shipping ALERT!!

Attention:

The San Francisco / Oakland bay area has been put on a three-week lock down through April 7.

We are reviewing the opportunity to temporarily turn off just those zip codes within your application In the short term, I would suggest that we advise your subscribers not to schedule any pickups or deliveries into the counties that are affected.

Again this is a short term solution AND it is likely that we will get a similar notification regarding shipments to/from New York within the next few days or so.

I am sure eBay is doing everything they can to stay atop of this unprecedented changing event we are all dealing with as best we can.

My question is will eBay be doing something as more cities go to "shelter in place" to warn customers deliveries will be delayed for extended times ?

I can see many people having to stay at home ordering more from on line venues not thinking that there will not be any deliveries during that time except to essential services and wondering where their item is and filing INR cases.

Thank you for your time

Message 6 of 81
latest reply

@pokemoncatches wrote:

When will eBay get rid the 25 cents managed payment fee per listing, or give us a real update?

Hi @pokemoncatches, we don't have any new information or update at this time. When we have more details then we'll be sure to share!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 7 of 81
latest reply

Any thoughts of giving those of us who are stuck at home a thousand free auctions for thirty days?

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 8 of 81
latest reply

@pokemonforless wrote:

When will eBay get rid the 25 cents managed payment fee per listing, or give us a real update?

Hi @pokemonforless, we don't have any new information or update at this time. When we have more details then we'll be sure to share!

Perfect. I'll set another reminder for 6 months from now.....

Message 9 of 81
latest reply

I just wanted to mention that when I relist items in bulk,  the items go through, but there is a system error message quite often.

Today I notice the new feature that lets me know how many listings are eligible for sending offers. It is uploading very slowly and I do not know what the message after it is uploaded means that states "1 interested buyer received offer" or something to that effect. Does that mean that I may have previously sent an offer before this feature was made available and if there are multiple people watching that only the ones who were new watchers received it? Also receiving this message when clicking on an item before providing offer.

rosevelyn_0-1584562175006.png

Message 10 of 81
latest reply

We can't really predict how the virus is going to effect our businesses, but with the emphasis on social distancing and the closing (hopefully temporary) of many "sourcing" locations, those of us with a lot of unlisted inventory will likely use much of our time to list. At the same time, we may see a decline in sales. Looking at my own situation (and I suspect I am far from alone), I suspect this could mean many of us will hit our "free" store listing limit rather quickly. This would be a good time for ebay to re-consider its stance on creating additional store levels. Or perhaps ebay could provide "add-on" listing packages....for a set monthly fee, for example, a Premium store could add 500 more listings (or what have you). Perhaps you could pass this idea on to the appropriate team?

Another suggestion: Some sellers might find it necessary to downgrade or eliminate their store subscriptions. Perhaps ebay would be willing to waive the penalty for those sellers? 
Message 11 of 81
latest reply

@alcoforever wrote:

What can or should a seller do when scammed by a switcheroo, i.e. the buyer deliberately returns the wrong item?

Have searched the seller help pages in vain looking for an answer to this one.

Hi @alcoforever - I definitely recommend reporting the buyer through the opened return and contacting Customer Support so they can review the situation. If you offer free returns or are Top Rated and offer 30 day returns you would be also able to issue a less than full refund.  

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 81
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nuclearomen wrote:

tyler@ebay 

I need my listings/store refreshed, I emailed ebay CS yesterday the response I got was:

“I apologize Kevin, refreshing an account is not available as of the moment. Normally, we talk to the account owner over the phone but since phone call is not available we really cannot take actions.
Thanks for choosing eBay. We appreciated your business. You take care always and enjoy the rest of your day!”

Can someone please refresh my store? Takes few seconds and isn’t hard for ebay to do!

Hi @nuclearomen, I'm glad you brought this up so I can address a common misconception. We’ve seen this topic come up in the forums a few times, and it has caused confusion for some. To be clear, there is not a special method or button that we have to help give someone a boost in sales. We want all sellers to be successful and have control over their success. The main factors for improving sales are closely tied to the main factors for Best Match. While you may have had discussions in the past with Customer Service about "refreshing" your account, this would have been rooted in a misunderstanding by the agents you spoke with. 

Though it might seem like an easy thing to do, pushing a button to refresh some listings doesn’t actually change the characteristics of the listings. The things that we encourage all sellers to do is what has the most impact on listings – a competitive price, free shipping whenever possible, quality pictures, a well thought out title, etc. The store refresh process does exist, but it only address some very specific technical issues (such as when a revision is not processing as it should). This option is not capable of boosting sales or improving Best Match results. This has been misunderstood and we are working to make sure everyone understands this. If you can tell me dates and approximate times of when you were given misinformation about this topic, I will be happy to address any training or coaching needs those agents may have.

Message 13 of 81
latest reply

When a seller doesn't or hasn't paid their selling fees, how much time does Ebay typically allow them before they don't allow them to list new things?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 14 of 81
latest reply

@hebertsusedautoparts wrote:

"My post and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer"
Hi,
We do a lot of freight shipping and received this message from one of our brokers today

Shipping ALERT!!

Attention:

The San Francisco / Oakland bay area has been put on a three-week lock down through April 7.

We are reviewing the opportunity to temporarily turn off just those zip codes within your application In the short term, I would suggest that we advise your subscribers not to schedule any pickups or deliveries into the counties that are affected.

Again this is a short term solution AND it is likely that we will get a similar notification regarding shipments to/from New York within the next few days or so.

I am sure eBay is doing everything they can to stay atop of this unprecedented changing event we are all dealing with as best we can.

My question is will eBay be doing something as more cities go to "shelter in place" to warn customers deliveries will be delayed for extended times ?

I can see many people having to stay at home ordering more from on line venues not thinking that there will not be any deliveries during that time except to essential services and wondering where their item is and filing INR cases.

Thank you for your time

Hi @hebertsusedautopartswe plan on extended seller protections should shipping services become interrupted 🙂 You'll find our announcement about this here

Brian,
Community Team
Message 15 of 81
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: