cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, June 17 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Good afternoon everyone and welcome to the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have!

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT, at which point we'll close thread from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will work review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: Community Chat, June 17 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

@papermoneyforme wrote:

I am still not getting any emails for offers.

Why not?

@papermoneyforme will you tag me in a thread with more detail and an example item number this happened on? Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 76 of 80
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

Hi @coinslabz26 - there is not a way to exclude mutli-variation listings from your search results. If you are aware of specific sellers who do this you can do an advanced search to remove them, but definitely a lot of work and not 100% effective by any means. 

----

Some time ago, in this chat, the idea was proposed that "variations" had to be the same price...like different colors or sizes of shirts.
People seemed to like that idea, that it would solve the problem being discussed.
How about implementing that requirement?

Hi @vrykalak - variations exist to allow members to sell similar items with minor variations, you're correct. However, as you can imagine, not all variations end up costing the same, or having the same price point. For example, a red shirt may be more popular and harder to source at the same price and availability as the same shirt in blue. That's a reason why we don't require that variations be identical. 

Thanks!

tyler@ebay 

I thought there was some price point, low to high, restrictions?

Hi @mcdougle4248, based on category there is a range in which the different variations can fall without being blocked from creating the listing. Due to the wide variety of items and variations, these ranges are designed to minimize violations, but even some that are listed to the site could still be removed after they are reviewed if the range in prices is unreasonable.

Message 77 of 80
latest reply

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:

Hi everyone!!

I have a question for brian@ebay  

Have you been able to find out why we are not getting notifications ? I used to get  email notifications every time someone posted on the boards or  in groups. I am signed in to receive them , I just checked so that's not the issue.

In one of my groups several people are complaining of the same.... no notifications. 

Please  let me know if there is a fix in the near future. TIA

Hi @theshoppingmom2, will you check your settings to make sure the option to receive email notifications is turned on? I think it may have been turned off for some people recently. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 78 of 80
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@themodernavenue wrote:

I have a question about the service interruption on buy it now listings and on the website (on the system status page).  When will this be fixed?

Hi @themodernavenue, we've identified an issue that has it's origins on PayPal's end and we are working with them to help get this resolved as soon as possible. I don't have an estimated time for a fix to provide at the moment, but want to add that putting an item in your cart before going to checkout has been reported to be a workaround for now.

Hi @themodernavenue, I just wanted to update that upon further investigation we aren't unable to determine the origin of your specific issue, however these checkout problems have been resolved. I encourage you or anyone else running into problems to reach out to Customer Service in the future with details so we can look into what might be going on.

Message 79 of 80
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@pursesbrasplusmore wrote:
  1.  The June 12, 2020 ebay seller update on Google Shopping stated pics need to be 800 x 800 pixels.  Is this ebay’s new guidelines for all clothing?  I’ve always read 1600 on the longest side.  I sell mostly clothing and my pics are mostly closely cropped rectangles.  If I need to change a long dress into a square, how would I do that?  It completely distorts the picture.  Also, is this for the main photo only, or for all ie. 5-10 photos in each listing?  Please clarify. 
  2. On sending watchers offers, my send offer list has some that say 0 watchers, but when I click on them say 1 interested.  I do not want to annoy watchers that aren’t watching my items.  Which is it?  0 or 1?

@pursesbrasplusmore 

1. That's a great question! I'm going to look into this more and get back to you.

2. Hmm that's strange. I'd love to look at an example to see if there may be an issue that I can get reported. If you want to tag me in a thread with an example then I'll take a look 🙂

@pursesbrasplusmore I got an update on the pixel size. To show up in Google Shopping the image needs to be at least 800 x 800 pixels. Images larger than this should be fine.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 80 of 80
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: