cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, June 17 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Good afternoon everyone and welcome to the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have!

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT, at which point we'll close thread from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will work review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: Community Chat, June 17 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay  and brian@ebay 

💙Thanks!!!💙

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 31 of 80
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@coinslabz26 wrote:
I have a question about the ebay "THANKSALOT" coupon given to us by ebay for our next purchase of shipping supplies.

First of all, that was a very nice gesture and thank you very much!

However, ebay shipping supplies is sold out of all of the most popular shipping supplies. Due the the pandemic they have informed me that it could be up to 5 weeks before they can even take pre-sale orders for many supplies. Can ebay look into this issue and consider extending the expiration date of the coupon?

Hi @coinslabz26 - thanks for this input. I know that when I went to redeem my coupon the airjackets were in pre-sale, so I ended up getting boxes instead - definitely disappointing!

I haven't heard of a plan to extend the campaign, but I'll pass this up and let you know what I hear back. Thanks!

tyler@ebay 

They actually aren't even accepting the presale orders anymore either. I would gladly wait for a pre-sale order. But they are not able to sell me any in any capacity. Since this coupon was given so widely, this effects the entirety of the ebay community. Even if we want to wait, we can't because they won't even pre-sell them to us at this point. Please do let them guys upstairs know this. Thanks!

Message 32 of 80
latest reply

@coinslabz26 wrote:
Is there any way of removing multi quantity item listings from search results filtered by price plus shipping lowest first?

Example. If I need to search ebay for a 32GB Memory card and filter by "price plus shipping lowest first" I will see results "$10 to $50" and it will be like a 1gb card that is $10 and $50 for the 32GB card. Obviously the 1GB card for $10 was not part of my search. There are even worse results where I could be searching for a bike and see price $5 to $500 where $5 is the bike horn and $500 is the bike, yet it still shows that as a lowest price because of that horn option.

How do I remove those results from my search?

OMG I hate that and it is abused so badly.  With the memory card search the best you can do is this for your search terms:

32gb sd card -1gb -2gb -4gb -8gb -16gb

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=32gb+sd+card+-1gb+-2gb+-4gb+-8gb+-...

That of course is assuming you are looking for a SD card.  The problem is you do run the risk of filtering out a good deal.  Maybe someone is selling a 32GB memory card bundled with a 16GB card for $2 less than the going rate.  That search I supplied would remove that listing.

Message 33 of 80
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@themodernavenue wrote:

I have a question about the service interruption on buy it now listings and on the website (on the system status page).  When will this be fixed?

Hi @themodernavenue, we've identified an issue that has it's origins on PayPal's end and we are working with them to help get this resolved as soon as possible. I don't have an estimated time for a fix to provide at the moment, but want to add that putting an item in your cart before going to checkout has been reported to be a workaround for now.

Edit: An update on this topic has been posted here.

Message 34 of 80
latest reply

@coinslabz26 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@coinslabz26 wrote:
I have a question about the ebay "THANKSALOT" coupon given to us by ebay for our next purchase of shipping supplies.

However, ebay shipping supplies is sold out of all of the most popular shipping supplies. Due the the pandemic they have informed me that it could be up to 5 weeks before they can even take pre-sale orders for many supplies. Can ebay look into this issue and consider extending the expiration date of the coupon?

Hi @coinslabz26 - thanks for this input. I know that when I went to redeem my coupon the airjackets were in pre-sale, so I ended up getting boxes instead - definitely disappointing!

I haven't heard of a plan to extend the campaign, but I'll pass this up and let you know what I hear back. Thanks!

tyler@ebay 

They actually aren't even accepting the presale orders anymore either. I would gladly wait for a pre-sale order. But they are not able to sell me any in any capacity. Since this coupon was given so widely, this effects the entirety of the ebay community. Even if we want to wait, we can't because they won't even pre-sell them to us at this point. Please do let them guys upstairs know this. Thanks!

@coinslabz26 

That is likely because they shouldn't presell something they can't deliver within 30 days.  So if they say they will start doing presales again in about 5 weeks that means they could be as far as 9 weeks out from having stock.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 35 of 80
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

@coinslabz26 wrote:
Is there any way of removing multi quantity item listings from search results filtered by price plus shipping lowest first?

Example. If I need to search ebay for a 32GB Memory card and filter by "price plus shipping lowest first" I will see results "$10 to $50" and it will be like a 1gb card that is $10 and $50 for the 32GB card. Obviously the 1GB card for $10 was not part of my search. There are even worse results where I could be searching for a bike and see price $5 to $500 where $5 is the bike horn and $500 is the bike, yet it still shows that as a lowest price because of that horn option.

OMG I hate that and it is abused so badly.  With the memory card search the best you can do is this for your search terms:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=32gb+sd+card+-1gb+-2gb+-4gb+-8gb+-...

That of course is assuming you are looking for a SD card.  The problem is you do run the risk of filtering out a good deal.  Maybe someone is selling a 32GB memory card bundled with a 16GB card for $2 less than the going rate.  That search I supplied would remove that listing.

That was just one example of many. I face this every time I look for something.  Everything I look for has this type grossly miscategorized type of results.  I used memory cards as an example because it is easier to understand.

Message 36 of 80
latest reply

The worst part of no email notifications is when it comes to people new to the boards. When CS went down there were more people coming here for help. If I saw someone was new to the boards I would intentionally tag them so they would get an email notification for a response. Now that does nothing and the person only gets help if they think to come back to the boards.
Message 37 of 80
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bookollections wrote:

Greetings Brian,

Just wondering if there are any plans to offer any additional free listings during this month of June & if not, might you please pass this suggestion on?

Thanks so much!

Be safe, be well, be Blessed...

Hi @bookollections, while we don't have any additional information to provide here, you can keep an eye on your eBay messages, email, and our announcement board for potential updates.

Message 38 of 80
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

I ordered an item several months ago, and just now opened it.

It is not usable, because the seller told me an untruth about it.

He is willing to take it back, and asks me to open a return through eBay...but I don't know how, since the transaction is too old. (27Oct19, 133230609654)

Help?

@vrykalak the option to open a return on eBay isn't an option for this item because of how much time has passed. You'll have to work with the seller directly to resolve this matter.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 39 of 80
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@coinslabz26 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@coinslabz26 wrote:

tyler@ebay 

@coinslabz26 

That is likely because they shouldn't presell something they can't deliver within 30 days.  So if they say they will start doing presales again in about 5 weeks that means they could be as far as 9 weeks out from having stock.

Well that was kind of the point. The coupon expires before the items will be restocked. The question is about extending the coupon not why they can't sell them. I understand perfectly why they can't sell them.

Message 40 of 80
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:
The worst part of no email notifications is when it comes to people new to the boards. When CS went down there were more people coming here for help. If I saw someone was new to the boards I would intentionally tag them so they would get an email notification for a response. Now that does nothing and the person only gets help if they think to come back to the boards.

Well it works well for us seasoned members too.  So it is a multifaceted issue that is important for many different reasons.

Message 41 of 80
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

Any update on a fix for the variation photo glitch?  

Hi @mcdougle4248, no update to share at this time beyond confirmation that our tech teams are aware of the issue and are investigating currently.

Message 42 of 80
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

Why do I keep getting It Looks Like you are signing in from a different computer and then asking for an email, phone call, or text for confirmation?

I have been using the same computer for 5 years which the IP address should tell Ebay.

Or is this just another glitch or bug?

Hi @papermoneyforme - that definitely sounds unusual. Have you recently changed internet providers, or started connecting to the internet with a VPN or private internet browser?

Absolutely nothing has changed.

Just for curiosity, it seems the first replies we receive are sort of blaming us instead of what Ebay has messed up or broken.

Why?

Message 43 of 80
latest reply

@coinslabz26 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@coinslabz26 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@coinslabz26 wrote:

tyler@ebay 

@coinslabz26 

Well that was kind of the point. The coupon expires before the items will be restocked. The question is about extending the coupon not why they can't sell them. I understand perfectly why they can't sell them.

Oh I understand your request for an extension.  I get that and agree with you.  I was just addressing the part about your presale concern.  Good Luck!!!

Message 44 of 80
latest reply

@coinslabz26 wrote:

@gwzcomps wrote:

@coinslabz26 wrote:

That was just one example of many. I face this every time I look for something.  Everything I look for has this type grossly miscategorized type of results.  I used memory cards as an example because it is easier to understand.

Because Ebay allows these types of bait and switch listings

Message 45 of 80
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: