cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking and Address Matching Requirement

First, let me say I use ebay labels with tracking uploaded automatically. I'm a bit confused by this:

Will I be required to provide any other information to buyers to receive protection from “Item not r...

Yes. You’ll be required to upload tracking numbers to eBay that show the following information:

• A delivery status of “delivered”
  • Date of delivery
  • Shipping address matching the address on the order
  • Signature confirmation for items that cost $750 or more

So, does that mean that, even though my tracking has been uploaded automatically, if a buyer files an INR I need to upload the tracking to the case?  ebay can't just look at the transaction history and see it?

And how do I confirm the shipping address matches the address on the order?  I think my USPS delivery tracking shows me a zip code, but not a full address?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

i agree tracking shows zip code and delivered at box door etc not an address

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

First, let me say I use ebay labels with tracking uploaded automatically. I'm a bit confused by this:

Will I be required to provide any other information to buyers to receive protection from “Item not r...

Yes. You’ll be required to upload tracking numbers to eBay that show the following information:

• Date of delivery

So, does that mean that, even though my tracking has been uploaded automatically, if a buyer files an INR I need to upload the tracking to the case?  ebay can't just look at the transaction history and see it?

And how do I confirm the shipping address matches the address on the order?  I think my USPS delivery tracking shows me a zip code, but not a full address?

Thanks for your question. If you purchased tracked services through eBay shipping labels, the tracking information is automatically uploaded to the transaction. As long as the automatically uploaded tracking information shows us a delivery scan, date, address (we will match this with the order address), and sometimes signature confirmation (for items valued over $750), you will not have have to worry if there is an INR request.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques 

Even though tracking has been uploaded, I think you have to add it again...

Only last week, a buyer opened an INR on me for a package that had been delivered on 1/29.

Note: the buyer had 6 packages 'go rogue' the same day (her front porch video showed no one on her porch all day), and messaged me that eBay's c/s had told her the 'help' they could offer to the buyer was to open INR cases on all the packages.

To cover my A$$, I not only reloaded the tracking, but opened a USPS case. I opened the case online (I'm in Nashville) at 2:30 PM CST. By 8:30 PM CST, a postal worker from the Portland, OR Post Office phoned me to close the case, citing not only the delivery... but to assure me that the gps 'ping' had shown delivery to the correct address. The confirmation was also e-mailed to me.

The buyer also sells here, so I relayed my dismay  that eBay's 'help suggestion' was to penalize me for only doing my job... and she should be able to relate. (Right??) I also noticed that the buyer shopped here often, and recommended with the USPS info I had (and had loaded ALL into the 'messages' portion of the claim), that she closed the claim on her end so as to not 'add to' problems she might have upcoming with MBG abuse issues and future buying. The buyer quickly closed it.

Thank goodness we're only held to USPS standards, not Ring Doorbell standards. Geez...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@srinivasavenkates_0 wrote:

• Date of delivery

Thanks for your question. If you purchased tracked services through eBay shipping labels, the tracking information is automatically uploaded to the transaction. As long as the automatically uploaded tracking information shows us a delivery scan, date, address (we will match this with the order address), and sometimes signature confirmation (for items valued over $750), you will not have have to worry if there is an INR request.

@srinivasavenkates_0 

So if the delivery scan from an ebay purchased label, which included a tracking number, shows delivered......we do not have to do ANYTHING if we get a case, no phone call, nothing to upload.......they case will be automatically closed in our favor? 

Note that the address does not show on a tracking scan.........

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

• Date of delivery

@srinivasavenkates_0 

So if the delivery scan from an ebay purchased label, which included a tracking number, shows delivered......we do not have to do ANYTHING if we get a case, no phone call, nothing to upload.......they case will be automatically closed in our favor? 

Yes. As long as we can see the necessary tracking information on our platform to confirm delivered status on the shipment , the case will not be closed against you.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

• Date of delivery

@srinivasavenkates_0 

So if the delivery scan from an ebay purchased label, which included a tracking number, shows delivered......we do not have to do ANYTHING if we get a case, no phone call, nothing to upload.......the case will be automatically closed in our favor

Yes. As long as we can see the necessary tracking information on our platform to confirm delivered status on the shipment , the case will not be closed against you.

These two (2) statements are NOT equal 😞

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly… Agreed, those two statements are not equal.

With the 'delivered' address scan scam (packages going to the 7-11 in your zip code)… they cannot  both be correct.

^^^That's why I opened a separate USPS case! ^^^

I hear that the gps 'ping' is suddenly required to prove exact  delivery... that tracking shown 'just delivered' doesn't cut it anymore.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply