cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever see a PCGS holder like this? #295379793235

This seller has coins with PCGS & NGC holders i have not seen have you?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ever see a PCGS holder like this? #295379793235

Picture or link?

A computer app is a reflection of its creator. Show me a robust computer app and I will show you an intelligent programmer.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Picture or link?

A computer app is a reflection of its creator. Show me a robust computer app and I will show you an intelligent programmer.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

It appears, from the description, he's only selling the label.  Strange.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@rustydalmatian Here look at this one he is trying to sell these AS GRADED coins

look at this number 295379826279 check it out and report it is fraud

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I've seen something like this before. It's most likely that individual (or someone) cracked open the slab and put the coin in a cap for their own collection purposes and now are saying "hey, this coin was graded this"

Ive seen collectors do this with type set albums or like barber collections where they may crack the slab and pull a rather lower graded coin (i.e. F12) out and stick it in the album and keep the label for "proof" of grade.

Hokey, yes. Directly against ebay policy, actually i'm not 100% sure. Almost be like selling a broken slabbed coin (including the original broken slab)... Although there is no proof I do believe those coins earned those grades but were cracked out for personal collecting. (Stupid to do if you ask me). Shouldnt be done in any case regardless of policy forbidding or not.

Lastly, you reported the seller. Thats all you can do. I would just drop it. Don't buy from them and move on. If they are able to fool someone, then honestly I'd blame the buyer about as much as I blame the seller. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@ajs_coins_and_alchemy wrote:

I've seen something like this before. It's most likely that individual (or someone) cracked open the slab and put the coin in a cap for their own collection purposes and now are saying "hey, this coin was graded this"

Ive seen collectors do this with type set albums or like barber collections where they may crack the slab and pull a rather lower graded coin (i.e. F12) out and stick it in the album and keep the label for "proof" of grade.

Hokey, yes. Directly against ebay policy, actually i'm not 100% sure. Almost be like selling a broken slabbed coin (including the original broken slab)... Although there is no proof I do believe those coins earned those grades but were cracked out for personal collecting. (Stupid to do if you ask me). Shouldnt be done in any case regardless of policy forbidding or not.

Lastly, you reported the seller. Thats all you can do. I would just drop it. Don't buy from them and move on. If they are able to fool someone, then honestly I'd blame the buyer about as much as I blame the seller. 

Here is where I addressed this @4pawsup* 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Hello, Well said and i agree with you as well. Did not mean to pester you.All the best. John

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

No pester, didn't know you missed the reply.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

LOL, that is funny! To me that would be a raw coin, probably to ebay too. Once it is not sealed in the slab it is not the certified coin any longer. Considering which coins they are doing that with, well 1 ounce of silver is what they are.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@4pawsup* wrote:

This seller has coins with PCGS & NGC holders i have not seen have you?

mostly because they are not PCGS & NGC holders... just the labels from cracked slabs...

definitely a seller to stay far away from...

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

That is seriously scary.. and basically it isn't a graded coin. No holder... other than his hand.. stay away.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

It is a violation of eBay's numeric grade policy.  Numeric grades may not be assigned to raw coins.  These coins are not in approved TPG holders, thus are considered raw.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply