cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just saying "hi" after several years....

I see a few familiar names here which is reassuring. I got a brief recent nudge from Oggilby. I didn't even know this place was active. I hope all are well. It was sad to see that iomoon passed on.  Jeff

Go to Covers 🙂

Go to Covers!!
Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Just saying "hi" after several years....

Jeff!!

Great to hear from you.  I think of you every time I see one of these...

donker.jpg

You are the official donker rescue man.  We had to give up our cat-rescue operation (after 43 trapped, neutered and released, except 3 we kept inside to make slaves of--hahaha, the other way around actually) because we moved to a condo.  But there are others in our old neighborhood keeping up the fight.

Your old friend, Jim.  Very nice to hear from you!!!

Message 2 of 39
latest reply

Good to see you. I haven't been around much either. I don't use eBay any more (although that may change), which kind of limits my motivation to visit the site. 

Stay well! 

Greg

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

Hey Jim - At least they weren't "Big Cats". Just watched Tiger King. Makes us stamp collectors seem tame even in our wild moments. Thanks for the Donkey Pic. Had to give ours away when we moved, 23 of them.
Go to Covers!!
Message 4 of 39
latest reply

Hi Greg, my it HAS been a long time since your name popped up. Hope all is well, Jeff

Go to Covers!!
Message 5 of 39
latest reply

Sheesh, I guess they will let anyone in here! 🙂 Nice to see you back.
Message 6 of 39
latest reply

:0) Not many places do!
Go to Covers!!
Message 7 of 39
latest reply

Wow - A bunch of old Stamp Chatters, circa 2000! Mkaks me feel old.

I have to admit I wasn't using eBay for a number of years, it was too difficult wading through all the overpriced 25¢ stamps being offered at $2.00 start and $3.50 shipping. Plus keyword seaches have become extremely difficult in the stamp categories. I guess eBay doesn't care since they are only concerned with items that have SKU numbers, and ship from China! I now have over 1000 feedbacks on Delcampe so I didn;t stop buying. Then 6 weeks ago I discovered by accident a seller in Berlin who apparently was a razor collector and his collection is being offered by an art auction house with irrelevant descriptions. A gold mine for me, so it does pay to look in on eBay occasionally.

Glad to see some old friends who taught me so much about stamp collecting when I first was introduced to eBay.

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

Just noticed that so far on this thread everyone started using eBay prior to 1999! 

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

Trying to find Mitch, Antonius-Ra, to invite him in, no luck yet. Not quite the old chat board, but this works!

Message 10 of 39
latest reply

oggilby for President!

Thanks for starting this thread, Jeff!

Now I've ruined billsey's statistics...

I got my computer data back today, so will post a pic and a couple of links.

eBay Users' Stamp Club - online version 

eBay Users' Stamp Club - one-frame exhibit for NTSS 2015 

Sheryll

Message 11 of 39
latest reply

Hello again

Message 12 of 39
latest reply

Hello, everyone!  Nice to see eBay userID's from so long ago still active here...

I barely sell anything on eBay these days (just the minimum required to maintain powerseller & TRS status, although I'm not sure why that matters to me anymore...LOL!) 

I'm still very active in philately, selling classic USA via my website and directly to those with want lists on file (full-time dealer for 23+ years).

I hope everyone is staying safe & healthy. I just thought I'd make this drive-by post to say "hi"

Message 13 of 39
latest reply

Hello all!

I've been posting in a thread on this 'board' for the past month with a "cover a day" in hopes that people could use the hobby to reconnect a bit.  Feel free to join me in putting an item out there once a day, or once a week.. depending on what you want to do.  The link is here.

I've been a veggie/poultry farmer since 2004 and in the last year we've decided we need to scale down and I took a part time off-farm job.  Of course, demand for local foods is increasing again... I know, I know... bad timing. 🙂

Good to hear from some people I've missed hearing from for some time.  Please feel welcome to get involved again if you wish!

Rob

Message 14 of 39
latest reply

Aye myself I've been taking a vacation from the hobby I have boxes and boxes of stuff I haven't even opened.Good that some of the old crowd is still about.Maybe I'll get inspired to turn on the lights in the stamp room this fall.I'm in the mist of a large project and my equipment is running every day dragging me along.I would think by now they'd know how to operate themselves.

Message 15 of 39
latest reply