cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay doesn't protect sellers

southernbell57
Enthusiast

Ebay doesn't care about there sellers! It's all about the buyers! If it wasn't for sellers ebay wouldn't be here! They always agree with buyers screw the sellers is what they policy should really say! You follow the rules and you think your protected but your not!

Message 1 of 111
latest reply
110 REPLIES 110

It's not an auction site anymore 16 years and  have things changed!!

Serously after 16 years I have become a master at listing, packing and kissing A$$!

Trouble now Ebay won't do the same for you or I anyore. They know our income depends on them now.

They have us by the Nads the only option is to walk away.

Message 76 of 111
latest reply

Even when you have done everything you possibly can to make it right with the buyer, eBay will still lower your rating and charge you more for your listings.  eBay could not care less.  There is no protection for sellers.

Message 77 of 111
latest reply

I recently had a case closed after selling an amplifier that was in excellent condition. The buyers left positive feedback and liked the item. Two weeks later I get a request for refund with the buyer saying that the item was defective. I refused to provide a refund and we bantered back and forth for a while. He advised that he had contacted eBay and they were siding with him which was no surprise. When we both cooled off a bit we came to what we felt was a compromise which was an agreement where I would agree to pay to have the amplifier shipped to the mfg for repair. After the buyer received my partial refund he advised that he had spoken with another factory service rep that helped him with his concerns. Turns out there was nothing wrong with the amp after all just as I had claimed, yet eBay was all set to force a total refund plus shipping on me . I learned a lesson to never again sell expensive items of this type on eBay and instead I have changed over to reverb.com for such items. Real shame eBay doesn't understand basic business practice. 17 years I've been on eBay with a 100 percent feedback record...this policy of theirs is bound to bite them in the **bleep** sooner or later.
Message 78 of 111
latest reply

so I hear that often there are buyers that purchase and send back different item like the one you sent and says not as described, broken, etc.. I have a Mrs Beasley doll Vintage 1967. So I had pictures of everything .. better than I could describe it in words. Seller gave great feedback then turned around saying the apron has holes in it *( which it did not) and hair is cut (which was not). Told me I was the worst ebay seller ever and is reporting me to ebay because they already left feeback and could not do anything now about it. I look on their fb and they sell tons of Mrs. Beasley dolls. I think they are going to pawn a doll I did not send back on me and I will get ripped off. Who has had this happen before? Will Ebay still take their side?
Message 79 of 111
latest reply

Recent buyer almost two months later after buying three working cameras try’s to get a full refund through Paypal. I disputed it sent them the link and that it was the amount they purchased it at.

Paypal agreed and left me alone. Then I get an email yesterday from Paypal that the dispute was in favor of the buyer, but they would not deduct the amount from my Paypal because I am a loyal customer.

I replied that this guy was scamming them. So the clown get’s the cameras and get’s Paypal to pay him back? Nice world.

Message 80 of 111
latest reply

Now i have a buyer in Canada saying the meter on his camera does not work, my personal camera as well that i used just recently befor selling it.

Trying to open an insurence claim is ridiculous with Ebay as I know it will be like FedEx Some **bleep** about can't conferm the condition of item befor it was shipped out.  I can't figure out how to create a return label after I agreed through Ebay to refund when returned and no option to have Ebay create one. Item was shipped tripple boxed and sent through ebay Global shipping?? I seriously can't see the point of selling anymore.. It's like the twilight zone for sellers at this place.

Message 81 of 111
latest reply

I have had an item purchased but buyer did not pay or respond to emails. Checked out buyers feedback and in the last 6 months 5 sellers reported non payment on successfull bids (9 in last 12 months) regarding this buyer yet ebay rate her feedback as 100%....**bleep**. I messaged this buyer in a challenging manner and she threatened me with action from ebay...and she's probably  not wrong. Advice gratefully received, we need to stop this abuse.

Message 82 of 111
latest reply

Selling on eBey is dangerous!

Message 83 of 111
latest reply

Well a plus for me.. The buyer paid the shipping as it was global sale, I didn't need to pay him back.

It took three representative to get that clear, talking to the dispute rep was the ticket she knew just about every answer to my questions and told me about return on global while the others didn't know squat. Amazing how the training is at Ebay..

But he did agree he would eat the return as he didn't know you had to have film cocked in the camera for it to wake up the electronics. Still Ebay sucks for sellers.

The bottom line it takes a bunch of phone calls to get to the right smart person.

Message 84 of 111
latest reply

Protection is as follows: 1) Send items signature tracked to avoid item not received cases. 2) resond quickly to open cases by buyers so that the cases do not close in buyers favor automatically, many sellers let these go too long and they need to repond with a tracking number and call Ebay to get the cases closed for INR immediately. 3). Reply with return for refund when someone tells you that something is wrong with an item when you know there is not, prevents partial refund scams. 4). Anything over $750.00 requires absolutely signature tracking and insurance to cover INR and loss due to postal mishaps, to prevent INR or buyer claiming postal theft--use Registered Mail for expensive items. 5) Set up your buyer requirement to reject buyers with a certain number of strikes to their account, eg non payer, reported buyers for MBG policy abuse, chose Pay Pal only payments. 6). Block buyers with many reports of the abuse policy, 7). Block buyers with a string of negative feedbacks left for sellers. 8). Do not respond to offers from buyers for more than what you have the item listed, these folks usually try to send a fake Pay Pal payment to get the item free. 9), Never Ever ever ship to an address that is not verified by Pay Pal--scammers try to ge you to change the address so they can claim INR, and they win if you shipped to an address not verified by Pay Pal.

Message 85 of 111
latest reply

I sell replacement parts for tvs. People have returned their damaged items and kept mine. One even sent a completely different item back. I called eBay, and they said I could be lying, and so could the buyer. They also admitted that they will always back up the buyer. The only thing he suggested was to report the buyer, and if enough people report him, his account could "Possibly" be shut down.  Scammers do this with my most expensive $70+ items. 

Message 86 of 111
latest reply

I agree. Just got screwed as a seller. The buyer gets the money back I lose the money and the item. What kind of stupid system is this? When you buy postage through ebay or paypal and you ship the item out it should be insured both for the seller and the buyer not just the seller.
Message 87 of 111
latest reply

Mark your item with an identifiable marking circuit boards drill a tiny one or two holes next to each other on the board and make sure it's in the photo. If there are any numbers on parts stamped by the factory make sure all these markings are clearly in the photo so not to get burned.
My friend sold vintage Ducati motorcycle parts and has had buyers send back break drums that had basically been the buyers old part they replaced.
But as far as seller protection go's, it's a lame Duck. The feedback system? It's a total joke that should be removed for buyers and sellers.
Sellers can't respond and defend themselves with this system.
No negative or natural just positive?
While the buyer gets all three to choose from.
Ebay knows it can get away with this because like Face book it can.
Many big sellers could care less mainly the Mega feedback sellers from China, 90% feedback for them is nothing that like 20 negative feedback's a month. Ebay would love nothing but have this type of seller and do away with us folks trying to make some money to pay bills.
In short this Ebay scam has not been challenged in court to ether remove it totally or put it back the way it was, and honer your sellers protection policy as much as you do for the buyer.
Ebay can keep doing this because they are the only game on the block and we have no choice but to stop selling on Ebay.
The seller protection policy is pure chuyện nhảm nhí.
I have had the ball in my court a few times and was even told by a rep on the phone it looked in my favor. Only to get an email Ebay decided in the buyers favor!!!!
This was even when the buyer called me names and threatened with slanderous accusations through Ebay messaging and the item had absolutely nothing wrong with it.
This is not an auction site and they should stop calling it that.
It's a place for incompetent buyers to do what ever they want and scam the sellers that pay out the Wazoo to sell on this site.
I get the "Well i decided i didn't need it, can you withdraw my bid"? I'm very sorry you have decided to change your mind but NO!! You can do that yourself.
It's hard not to get harsh sometimes but we have to act like sheeple and bow our heads to Ebay.

Message 88 of 111
latest reply

Whrre do are you currently selling your stuff? Im interested because ebay does not protect sellers learned that

Message 89 of 111
latest reply

Yes, you were right!!!

I just hit a 'bullet' by my buyer this week, it's buyer world, we are as sellers all have to be very cautious.

Message 90 of 111
latest reply