cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never sell items on ebay

blache9
Adventurer
Ebay is the worst place to sell stuff, I just learned my lesson.
This was what happen, I was selling my yu-gi-oh cards since I was quitting.
I sold the item, did a 2 day shipping as the buyer requested. Then got a message from the buyer that he claim
I scam him. He claim that I sent him the item not as described and issue a refund. I try reporting this buyer and open a case.
Ebay didn't reply and then I got a message a week later which states Ebay is in the favorite of the buyer. I then waited for
Package which the buyer refunded and guess what. He swap my items and gave me a bunch of **bleep**ty cards. I then called ebay
and they told me that they can't do anything since I don't have proof. I swear I never seen a company more **bleep**ty than ebay.
How do you expect me to have proof when there isn't anyone to check my package. Ebay want the seller to ship their own item,
how do they expect us to have proof that we sent the buyer the correct item. This is the worst company I ever seen, I lost $500
from this transaction alone. Guys I learned a hard lesson, please don't ever sell stuff on ebay again.
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Never sell items on ebay

Millions of items sold every day with out a problem.

Seems if the item you sell attracts immature people you get problems
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Never sell items on ebay

This is an ongoing issue, regardless of your buyers' ages.  People returning packages with items removed or something entirely different.  Unfortunately, eBay has NO safeguards in place.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Never sell items on ebay

No way to safeguard in a cast effective manner.

The item would have to be shipped to eBay and verified then shipped to buyer. Same in return to eBay first for verification process
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Never sell items on ebay

I really have learn my lession today on "NOT TO SELL ANYTHING NEW ON EBay"!

I recently selling a brand new Surface Pro 3 tablet with Keyboard on Ebay.  I posted the photo of the outside packaging to show it is a brand new unopen item on my item listing.  After I shipped the item to the buyer, the buyer claimed that the item "doesn't not match item description" because it was opened.  The buyer provide a photo of the opened packaging request refund of the item.  I tried to contact the buyer to get some more detail but never get any reply.  I then open a case to appear the refund request and was hoping Ebay can help me resolve the issue.  After few days, email come back with an email telling that I need to issue the refund to the buyer based on the photo (of the open packaging) he provided.  The email stated that I need to provide a shipping label to the buyer so I can get my item back.  Thinking that the Ebay interface will help me setup the return shipping label, I got on to the email web site and look up my open case.  The Ebay page for my case basically have only one option for me which is the "Issue Refund" button.  Thinking Ebay will help me to the next step to generate a return shipping label - I press the "Issue Refund" button.

Now the nightmere started....  After I press the button, I only get a message that the case is now closed.  What???  I started had this bad feeling inside me that many of you probably already known.  I called Ebay trying to figure out what is going on and the representative basically tell me I did that on my own and there is nothing they can do to help me.  I tired to contact PayPal as well and they tell me that the transfaction is from eBay so they can't do anything about it either...  Yes, I am screwed!!!  As you already can guess, I tried to contact the buyer to find out if he will send my stuff back, I have no response.  The most I can do now is report the buyer with a bad rating.

Lesson learn to you all honest seller out there... DO NOT SELL NEW ITEM on Ebay because of the stupid "Ebay Buyer Protection" is a way to help scum buyers out there to scam honest sellers like us.  EBay will not fix the their system so the sellers are protected from buyers with bad intention.  If you are the unlucky sellers that have to deal with a scum buyers, Ebay will let you know you are on your own if you are in a same sitation as I am....

Anyone already have class action suit again Ebay for not protecting the sellers?  Please let me know....

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Never sell items on ebay

No you can't give buyer a " bad rating" it's against policies
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Never sell items on ebay

Count me in whenever that is the case.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Never sell items on ebay

That is the most bizzare aspect of eBay - you can't issue a negative rating.

I told a $2200 guitar three weeks ago to a high bidder, and he never paid me. Said he was having trouble with PayPal. But he made no alternate attempt to pay me - just said "What do you want to do?"

The answer was "You bid on an item, won the auction and you are obligated to pay me, so pay me. That's what I want to do."

i didn't say that, though...i gave him the benefit of the doubt, a few days to straighten out his PayPal...and then he disappeared. I needed the money from this guitar to pay rent, and because of this child-man, I had to scramble like hell to pay my bills, and go through the inconvenience of listing the instrument all over again.

I opened an "unpaid" case with eBay, they closed it in my favor, and I will still unable to report what this buyer did, which means he is free to do it to others.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Never sell items on ebay

I 100 percent agree I was selling my imac so i can get a new gaming pc 

then after 2 days a  buyer comes and buys it I have sold a few stuff before and 

never got a customer like this he said he was paying 500$ I was like okay deal than he kept spamming me in my message saying please ship to this address than he changed it and chaged it again first he told me to ship it to africa I knew i should not do it but i was going to anyways i told him I will ship it to usps in about 2 hours he kept telling me its for my son its his birthday I need it before this date blah blah blah so than I get a message from ebay saying that he was A RISKY buyer He did not pay for any of the stuff and when I check my payment it said I earned 500$  I quickly try to cancel the order but than he said but my money I gave him back his money and then he made a case saying that he did pay for it and I would not give him his money back also saying that i never had an iMac to sell in the first place that got me frusterated ebay agreed I tried sending them screenshots but they kept deleting it ebay is the WORST place to sell I am begging you sell on amazon BUT if anyone changes the address 2 OR 3 times its a SCAM please make sure you look up the address on google maps and dont ship it until you get your money also DO NOT ANSWER THE MESSAGES!

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Never sell items on ebay

Sorry, but if you sent a laptop to freaking AFRICA before getting paid then you deserved to be ripped off. Are you kidding me?
Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Never sell items on ebay

@blache9 .......... wow, that's rotten what happened.  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Never sell items on ebay

@baxtezom.yql5a

@baxtezom.yql5a wrote:

This is an ongoing issue, regardless of your buyers' ages.  People returning packages with items removed or something entirely different.  Unfortunately, eBay has NO safeguards in place.

Correction, they choose not to have safeguards in place.  They need a high value item registration process whereby they verify through online meetings with Sellers that the item shipped is indeed the item listed.  Then, if a return occurs, the package goes back to eBay NOT to the Seller.  eBay verifies the item is or is not the original item shipped.  If not it ends there, Buyer loses and the junk they shipped back gets deep sixed.  Buyer also Pays shipping and gets a 30 day suspension.  Buyer still pays shipping abck to Seller if it is the original item ... part of doing high value item business. 

I tell you, if they would start doing this type of thing it would NOT take long for word to get out that you can't run scams on eBay ... and there is value in deterence believe me. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Never sell items on ebay

Sorry that happened to you.

That's one reason I don't sell anything over $50 to $60 on Ebay.

Happy Easter
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Never sell items on ebay

Could have happen on any auction site as they all have scammers-deadbeats.

Sorry you had this happen--it's just a chance you take selling on any site--some items have steal me written on them before they are even shipped--the more valuable the the item is to the dishonest the higher chance it will happen--some dishonest folks even view $5.00 items as valuable.  

Again sorry you had this happen

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Never sell items on ebay

AMAZON SAME WAY. GUY LIED ABOUT NEW ITEM SENT AND SAID IT WAS USED. AMAZON REFUNDED AND LET HIM KEEP THE ITEM.  NEITHER OF THESE COMPANIES ARE NOT GOING TO LOOK AFTER THE SELLER AT ALL. AMAZON COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT I SAID AND CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS VERY DEGRADING AND UNDERMINING. WILL NEVER USE EITHER AGAIN FOR SELLING ITMES.

(SELLER BEWARE)

Message 15 of 23
latest reply