cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never sell items on ebay

blache9
Adventurer
Ebay is the worst place to sell stuff, I just learned my lesson.
This was what happen, I was selling my yu-gi-oh cards since I was quitting.
I sold the item, did a 2 day shipping as the buyer requested. Then got a message from the buyer that he claim
I scam him. He claim that I sent him the item not as described and issue a refund. I try reporting this buyer and open a case.
Ebay didn't reply and then I got a message a week later which states Ebay is in the favorite of the buyer. I then waited for
Package which the buyer refunded and guess what. He swap my items and gave me a bunch of **bleep**ty cards. I then called ebay
and they told me that they can't do anything since I don't have proof. I swear I never seen a company more **bleep**ty than ebay.
How do you expect me to have proof when there isn't anyone to check my package. Ebay want the seller to ship their own item,
how do they expect us to have proof that we sent the buyer the correct item. This is the worst company I ever seen, I lost $500
from this transaction alone. Guys I learned a hard lesson, please don't ever sell stuff on ebay again.
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Never sell items on ebay

They go with the buyer because they make money on the sale that is the only reason. If they refund the buyer they lose money. Even though it takes sellers to post the item on here, and I hate being charged shipping fees because I go straight to the post office. I don't use Ebay shipping so we should have a option to get out of that.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

@thedragonshoppe102 wrote:

They go with the buyer because they make money on the sale that is the only reason. If they refund the buyer they lose money. Even though it takes sellers to post the item on here, and I hate being charged shipping fees because I go straight to the post office. I don't use Ebay shipping so we should have a option to get out of that.

You are not charged shipping fees by eBay. You are charged 10% FVF on the amount of money that the buyer paid you for shipping.

You can get out of it. Include the amount of the FVF charged in the cost of the item that you sell just as you include the cost of sourcing the item, and any other overhead involved.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

when you relist something e-bay makes a profit from you,
too much competition here
Message 18 of 23
latest reply

I got scamed on ebay from a guy who claimed I dishonestly sold him a product and it didn't and I knew he knew about it because we corsond to one another. Also he claimed he could not cancel the bid that is bull. So after stressing out about I decided to screw ebay back. I was supost to pay ebay a fee for items I sold but I wont. I could care less if I cant buy or sell on ebay . Its just a lost of $60 but oh wells I wont be back here anytime soon.
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

just becuse a person is older doesnt mean he is more mature.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Agreed, will NEVER sell on eBay. I use Facebook marketplace or craigslist now. Less reach however  guaranteed you will get your money. Ebay itself is a scam. Any entity that forfeits honesty, logic and sides with money flow can not be trusted. Ebay will side with the buyer because they send the most money naturally. This alone is not an issue, but what is a major issues is the way Ebay lazily handles disputes. Ebay has a moral obligation to investigate thoroughly finance disputes to determine fairly and reasonably what has happened. The facts are, eBay doesn't care because they rather take the easy money and side with the buyer while saving their own money and resource for their personal management bonuses. They divide and conquer. Most sellers are small individual entities, alone they can not fight back for justice and eBay knows this...that my friends is a real scam hidden behind a friendly corporate face. Sure, some will say "millions of transactions with no issues, they are a good company". Yes, so many great transactions, however hundreds of thousands of scams brushed off in favor of the easy way out without through investigation is criminal. Look at it this way. A company hires thousands of minorities. Over the scope of their offices only a few will not hire Africans, women or gays. The company  won't look into it because mostly everything is going well, mostly everyone is happy, and mostly because individually the cheated few really can't do anything about it. By comparison ebays discrimination and lack of effort to protect sellers is the same. I hope some ambitious and with more power than I will rise up someday and file a huge suit against eBay for this injustice. It seems eBay will only listen to money, so why not persuade them to do what's right by using the very medium they understand, take their money for a change, let them feel like us so they will be motivated to  "do the right thing"

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

I sell computers and have 50% problems I think computers are a mature item lol Ebay is terrible
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 23 of 23
latest reply