cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**EBAY LETTING BAD BUYERS SCAM GOOD SELLERS**

Hi I sold a new never used turntabe to a buyer in singapore and he is saying that i sold him a used one. after having several conversations with him he said he has the same model. now he is saying the new one we sent him has scratches,dents and does not even power up at all. the item was tested before shipping and was free of any damage what so ever.he also now states that my seriel number tag has been removed and glued on crooked. he bought this item and first asked for $400.00 back for partial refund,item sold at auction for $805.00. now he is demanding $350.00 to ship it back and we all know he pulled the switch on the item and will send back a broken old used piece of junk in place of the new on we sent him. he sent me pictures of a totally different item of all sorts of wear and damage that does not match my pictures at all. ebay is saying i have to send him a return shipping label and accept the return.where is MY protection from this kind of fraudulent behavior. without sellers there would not be an EBAY PERIOD...DUH. WAKE UP EBAY. NOW I GUESS I AM SUPPOSED TO BE OUT THE NEW ITEM I SENT AND STUCK WITH A BROKEN PIECE OF JUNK AND OUT THE RETURN SHIPPING COST WHICH WILL BE ASTRONOMICAL. how can ebay side with bad buyers? this buyer only has 2 tranactions and has started his account only a few months ago. HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE? THIS BEHAVIOR MAKES ME NEVER WANT TO USE EBAY AGAIN!!!

THE TOP 2 ARE MY PHOTS THE BOTTOM TWO ARE HIS.

THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT THE SAME ITEM.

SELLERS BEWARE!!!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: **EBAY LETTING BAD BUYERS SCAM GOOD SELLERS**

eBay and PayPal don't give any kind of protection to sellers. eBay and PayPal always defend and support the buyers, no matters if buyers make false claims or only try to manipulate the system to get full refunds. eBay and payPal won't do anything for you, the seller, they work as accomplices of bad buyers. They think: the buyers keep the business, so the buyers need to be defended and cared, the sellers who pay their bills and the high incomes of eBay and PayPal don't really mean anything, if a seller leaves, no problem, the history proves that another seller will come... And "that's how it goes and everybody knows"...

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

I was scammed by a buyer saying we didnt wrap an item properly - Aust post proved it was delivered intact but ebay still instructed paypal to take funds out of my account - but they kept their fees.

many email to paypal and ebay and they was their hands of it - they dont care any no-one seems to be able to hold them to account  and who can afford a lawyer even when you know you are right??

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I had a buyer who bought a Doll from

me. I sell them since at least 15 years on eBay.  Never had anybody treated me like this. She claimed. The doll smells like Febreze.. and requested a return which of course ebay granted her. It’s so horrible. Of course she said smell.. be Ayse she doesn’t need to provide any proof. I have a 100% positive great feedback and this scammer got rewarded.. this doll is highly breakable and fragile and I am so scared now .. what happens if she arrives broken or not at all??

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@memasmuffn wrote:

I am a good seller. But I have also seen bad sellers that ebay has supported.My daughter bought a phone that was clearly "not as described" the seller stated in their title cracked screen and showed a picture that showed a very minor crack on the edge of the phone..but no picture showing the huge crack that ran the whole legnth of the phone. no where in the description was this or any crack mentioned. Due to my daughters infrequent use of ebay she thought it was a complete description because the buyer had 99% positive feedback not realizing that 68 positive total feedback doesnt mean very much at all...The seller refused a return and ebay sided with the seller. case closed. My daughter is out $220 for a completly broken phone and will never buy on ebay again... I know there are scammers out there on all sides. But it is the bad sellers that have driven the buyers away...If you buy with any frequency on this site you know what Im talking about... The like new items that you are shocked by the condition... the items that come reeking like smoke...The crazy unprofessional packaging and lousy shipping practices...and not being able to return something just because it is not what you expected...Let any other marketplace deny a return and see if I would order online from them again. Good buyers ARE being turned off by bad careless sellers and all GOOD sellers are paying for it!!!  Now ebay is going to side with these bad sellers ...we are getting screwed all ways around.

I am surprised that eBay sided with the seller in that case.  That's too bad.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply