cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bidder from china but my auction states only U.S shipping?

I have an auction that ends this thurs. Auction states shipping for U.S.. I have a bidder from China.  What do I do.  Can I cancel that bid.  Do I have to end auction? Do I contact bidder?  Not sure what to do.  Don't want to ship to other countries.    Thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bidder from china but my auction states only U.S shipping?

I did learn that you can cancel a bid during an online auction.  I am not sure exactly how I did that unfortunately.  If you want to stop sales with certain countries then you need to follow these instructions:

To block buyers in states, territories, or countries you don't want to ship to:
  1. Go to My eBay.

2. Click the Account tab, and then click Site Preferences on the left.

3. In the Selling Preferences section, scroll to Shipping preferences, and then click the Show link.

4. Next to Exclude shipping locations from your listings, click the Edit link.

5. Select the states, territories, or regions you don't want to ship to. You can exclude entire continents or select Show all countries, and then select the specific countries you don't want to ship to.

6. All excluded countries you selected will appear on the lower section of the page.

7. Select the Apply to all current live listings check box to apply these exclusions to all your current listings.

8. Click the Apply button to save your requirements.

CEO EBay Store: Little_Useful_Delights

I operate this store primarily in the evenings and I am always looking and looking for very useful sales, discounts and Bargains.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I just did that and THANK YOU.   Although there was only the APPLY option and not an option to APPLY TO ALL ACTIVE LISTINGS.  

I'm going to watch this auction closely to see if someone else might bid since it's still pretty early.  

Wonder though if no one else does bid would you try to ccancel this last bid that is the one from china?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I would message the China buyer and ask them to cancel the bid,( they can't leave neg feedback then either).   Explain that you made an error and missed marking the exclude shipping to other countries button .  Also point out that it is mentioned in your auction and apologize for the inconvenience.  

Or play the waiting game but what do you have to gain from that expect to annoy the China buyer because they were looking forward to your item.   

It's really tricky getting all the right boxes checked and the listings optimized for maximum search resluts etc.  I've been selling for about 5 months now and I learn new things, I love these boards and have learned a lot from other helpful people. 

So that's my two cents 🙂 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Sometimes the buyers from other countries have US shipping addresses. You could ask them. I did find that out when I had the same issue. It scared me cause I had offered Free sShipping on the item. Then buyer told me he has US ship address. whew!
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I would be inclined to agree with you and the buyer from China most likely has a USA address. I feel it would be a real shame to cancel the bid of a genuine buyer and lose a potential repeat buyer over such a minor misunderstanding.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply