cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sign-in problems

cenitta
Adventurer

after sending out thousands of eMails demanding people who do not owe ebay a penny to make payment,   now we can not stay sign-in. 

eBay is making everything worse.   after  changing the layout of  'watch list" and "printing label" pages,  now its changing the look of the   "sign in" page.

then,  some dumb-ass screwed up with session cookies.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

sign-in problems

It looks like the "Keep me signed in" checkbox on the new sign-in page is not working correctly for folks using Edge and Explorer.

If you go into your Account: Site Preferences: Other General Preferences at the bottom of the page there is another checkbox for "Keep me signed in on this computer". Check that and then hit "apply" -- that seems to be working for some folks.

Here's a direct link:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayPreferences&gbh=1&ssPageName=STRK:ME:L...

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

sign-in problems

@eburtonlab wrote:

It looks like the "Keep me signed in" checkbox on the new sign-in page is not working correctly for folks using Edge and Explorer.

If you go into your Account: Site Preferences: Other General Preferences at the bottom of the page there is another checkbox for "Keep me signed in on this computer". Check that and then hit "apply" -- that seems to be working for some folks.

Here's a direct link:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayPreferences&gbh=1&ssPageName=STRK:ME:L...

No, it does not work for me.  I have not changed the "keep me sign in on this computer" for 10 years.

I do use different browsers.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

sign-in problems

@nidsel

No, it does not work for me.  I have not changed the "keep me sign in on this computer" for 10 years.

I never knew this other setting even existed, and I certainly never checked it on my computer -- up until eBay changed the sign-in page this past week and the "keep me signed in" box on the sign-in page stopped working in Edge.

I do use different browsers.

Which ones are giving you problems? Are you using any kind of password manager?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

sign-in problems

THIS WORKED!! I followed your direction from the other day and I have had no sign-in issues since.

Headache GONE. Eureka!

Thank you SO much!!!!!!

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

sign-in problems

I usee both IE & Firefox, neither one can stay sign-in. I dont think browsers should matter,  its eBay's job to make it work with every browser.

I do not use any password managers.

as long as I close my browser & reopen,  I'll have to sign in again for my next visit.

now it even asks to confirm phone number.

The problem started  a couple of days ago when they changed the layout of the "sign-in" page.  it is eBay's problem, not users' 

I see there are a few more posts on Member to Member Support forum.  also, the same thing happened before. it takes a few days for eBay to fix it.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

sign-in problems

All right, this worked:

Uncheck  the "keep me sign in on this computer"   &  save the settings;

Sign out;

Log-in again and  Check the "Keep me sign in on this computer"  & save the settings

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

sign-in problems

@nidsel

Glad to hear your were able to get it working! I'll add your technique of unchecking, signing out and signing back in and re-checking to my list of things for folks to try.

I use both IE & Firefox, neither one can stay sign-in. I dont think browsers should matter,  its eBay's job to make it work with every browser.

No doubt that eBay's recent change broke something and they should fix it, and it's lousy that you had to troubleshoot it yourself to get back to basic functioning.

In fairness to eBay, though, there are a lot of different browser types and versions, different operating systems, different network configurations, different antivirus applications, different browser extensions, adblockers and password managers -- these are all changing, updating and being replaced constantly. Sometimes it's not so simple to foresee all the possible interactions from every possible change.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

sign-in problems

I have the same problem - essentialy whenever I change a page in ebay I have to re sign in. It means the site is virtually unuseable. What do you mean save settings - I don't see any option to do this?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

sign-in problems

Agreed, you would think they could pay for some decent developers with the millions they make in commission but every time they change something it is always for the worse!
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

sign-in problems

The "keep me signed in" check box on the sign-in page is not working correctly for some people. But there is another check box in the Account Settings that does seem to still work.

Here is a direct link to that page, it's all the way at the bottom:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayPreferences

Check the "keep me signed in to this computer" box, and hit "apply".

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

sign-in problems

It looks like you need to check your site preferences. The option to stay signed in is getting turned off when you sign out. When it is turned on using edge I can close out the browser and open it and stay signed in. However I noticed if you sign out the next time you sign in the option has to be manfully enabled in the site preferences. IT is funny you don't hear about users on apple devices having this problem. Plus a few days after this glitch occurred a sign in with face book option popped up. So they can find time to add a new sign in option but not fix the current option. Sounds like ebay is being paid to drive traffic to apple devices or push the windows based devices traffic through Facebook. Apple gets sale of their devices to increase after they have been plummeting or Facebook gets to syphon off you personal data and sell marketing info based off of your viewed items, watched items, and purchases. For this to occur someone on ebay would actually need to change the sign off link to edit your preferences with only should be able to be done by users not ebay.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

sign-in problems

Worked for me. FWIW W7 & IE10.
Thank you.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply