cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JS:Redirector-BKD

Starting today...everytime I sign into eBay...my virus protection (Avast) keeps going off stating it blocked a virus. It also states its coming from ebay. I can go everywhere else on the internet with no problem. It says it's a JS:Redirector-BKD(TRO). I scanned my computer with two different VIRUS programs and Malwarebytes and it found nothing in my computer. 

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Hello

I have the same problem too !
Message 2 of 64
latest reply

Same here and using same virus program

Message 3 of 64
latest reply

Please advise ebay as it's not an issue with Avast here in Silicon Valley per their tech support

Message 4 of 64
latest reply

Hi!

I have same problem.

I always get Avast pop up when I want login to Ebay.com

Message 5 of 64
latest reply

Same here, also using Avast.

But Avast only warns me when using Firefox not Opera web browser.

It's very annoying, I hope Ebay tech support wants to check this out and fix it soon.

Message 6 of 64
latest reply

Yep , same here as well, yesterday and now today...I use Avast as well...been just clicking it off and then I carry on as usual...my computer is fine, no virus after scan...not sure what is causing it when going to ebay, seems to only happen when I first land on the ebay site, I can move around ok after that though.

Message 7 of 64
latest reply

Same here today using AVG, first time I've gotten that.

Message 8 of 64
latest reply

This information was found on a microsoft page.  Does sound like ebay has been hacked.

Trojan:JS/Redirector

Alert level: SEVERE

Also detected as: Trojan.JS.Redirector (Ikarus)Packed.JS.Agent.bp (Kaspersky)

Summary

Windows Defender detects and removes this threat.

The threat is a piece of JavaScript code that is inserted on bad or hacked websites. It can direct your browser to a website you don't want to go to.

You might see the detection for this threat if you visit a bad or hacked website, or if you open an email message.

Message 9 of 64
latest reply

Just happened to me Avast caught it, what kind of virus is it? And what can it do, avast popped up with it when I was trying to relist some auctions...Da Nut

Message 10 of 64
latest reply

My avast has done the same as well. I can not list anything but can go else where on the site.  Of course it had to happen when people are trying to gear up with listings for the holidays.  I hope ebay finds a fix to this soon or I am going to have to list else where for some sales.  Not much else to be done I guess.

Message 11 of 64
latest reply

I also have encountered this for the first time tonight. I use Avast/AVG and it popped up while logging into ebay. scans in malwarebytes are clean. My antivirus keeps blocking it when i relog in.

same as everyone else, this is what comes up, JS:Redirector-BKD(TRO)

Hopefully someone at ebay is monitoring this discussion board and gets to finding out the problem and resolve it. not good for business!

Message 12 of 64
latest reply

The same thing has also been happening to me everytime I go to the login page. It has been happening the last several days, and I really hope it did not give my computer a virus. 

Message 13 of 64
latest reply

I don't know if this will help but since one post said it may be a malicious script has anyone tried using the firefox add on script blocker?     You then only allow the ebay scripts that you need.  It's not too hard to use.  

I am not having any problems, knock wood, so I can not test this out to see if it will help.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 14 of 64
latest reply

Avast caught it last night and again this eve. I got an audio warning stating "Threat detected" along with an Avast box that says: "Threat secured. We've safely aborted connection on www-ebay.com because it was infected with JS:Redirector-BKD [Trj]."

I ran Avast and Malwarebytes scans after and they came up clean. Seems the problem lies within ebay. Scary for those not running an antivirus program.
Message 15 of 64
latest reply