cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't login to ebay

When I try to list or update any of my listings I am directed to the login page and it tells me that I'm not using the correct password but I know that I 'm using the correct one. Is this happening to anyone else?

Message 1 of 82
latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

I can't login to ebay

If this is something that happened in the last two weeks, you may be having an issue with the new sign-in page.

Here is an alternative sign-in that is currently still working:

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

If that works for you, you might want to bookmark it and use it whenever you run into trouble with the new sign-in page. The new sign in page is apparently causing problems for some folks; most of them seem to be using Microsoft Edge or Explorer browsers. The "keep me signed in" box on the sign-in page does not function correctly.

There is another "keep me signed in on this computer" checkbox in your Account: Site Preferences: Other General Preferences. Check that box and hit "Apply". It seems to work for some people, at least until they sign out again.

Here is a direct link to that page, it's all the way at the bottom:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayPreferences

Message 2 of 82
latest reply

I can't login to ebay

Thanks for the reply but it is working now. I don't know what caused it. Now my problem is that on the mobile app I can login now but it won't let me pay via Paypal. It tells me that it's establishing a secure connection then send me to a Paypal page that says I need to update my browswer. I have made sure that I have all of the current updates and I can login to Paypal via my browser but not when using the ebay app. I have no clue what to do now.

Message 3 of 82
latest reply

I can't login to ebay

@dakotatreasurehunter wrote:

When I try to list or update any of my listings I am directed to the login page and it tells me that I'm not using the correct password but I know that I 'm using the correct one. Is this happening to anyone else?

Message 4 of 82
latest reply

I can't login to ebay

Hi I have the same issue. I know I had the eBAy account but eBay log in page is reporting that my log in credentials are not matching and won't send a reset password email. 

I have email from eBay that prove that account was existing two weeks ago. This is quite frustrating. 

Has anyone managed to resolve this?

Message 5 of 82
latest reply

I can't login to ebay

@xso_06

What browser (or app) are you using?

Try a different browser.

Or try using this link to sign in:

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

If your username doesn't work, try using your email address as a username.

Message 6 of 82
latest reply

I can't login to ebay

The alternative login worked for me!
Message 7 of 82
latest reply

I can't login to ebay

Hi, Yes this has happened recently.  I phoned the eBay helpline to be told that, because my iPad (on which I am having trouble) is out of warranty, he cannot give me the necessary help.  I should go to Pc world where I bought the iPad and I may be charged for their help.  Meantime I shall look at other people’s suggestions.

Message 8 of 82
latest reply

I can't login to ebay

@sheilate0148 

This is the US site, and the message you are responding to is from last year, so I am not sure if the advice in this thread will be helpful to you.

If you are having problems signing in to ebay UK and you are using a browser, try this old sign in page:

https://signin.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

As long as your browser is recent enough, the warranty status of your ipad should not matter.

Message 9 of 82
latest reply

I can't login to ebay

Hi I tried both way above, but still having trouble listing my first items, seems like it's just my accunt was restricted to this section.
This looked so familiar to me as once I was also can't placing bid to any items until I get in touch with CS and upload a pile of paperworks then they started to let me bid, so stupid 😕
Message 10 of 82
latest reply

I can't login to ebay

@edwin_qian 

I see you are registered in China. The links and discussions in this thread are about primarily about people signing in to the US site. If you are trying to sell internationally, you will most likely have to meet certain requirements first.

Message 11 of 82
latest reply

I can't login to ebay

I’m in Southern California,  Pacific time 7:05 PM. I can’t login-sign in. I even tried using my Gmail too, Nada-Nothing. What am I doing wrong? Can Anyone help me? 

Best regards 

Message 12 of 82
latest reply

I can't login to ebay

@jamies.best.buys 

You seem to be logged in to the community pages just fine. What seems to be the problem? Can you reach your My eBay pages through the links at the top of this page?

If you are using Explorer 11 on a Windows 7 machine, try using another browser, or else avoid going to the main eBay page, as there seems to be a script there that causes problems for IE11 users.

Message 13 of 82
latest reply

I can't login to ebay

Never mind lol I was able to log in. However, I had to use my other facebook? I have two accounts, one is for a group I’m in. But, somehow it did use my original email account?? Lol
Message 14 of 82
latest reply

I can't login to ebay

I added Quick reply to my original. Though, I was unable for about 1/2 hour.

Q.Are you able to see my Quick reply?

💜💙💚

Message 15 of 82
latest reply