cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Turbo Lister 2 data Files to CSV

Hi 

I had continued to use Turbo Lister off line to access the data base I had compiled over many many years. Now even though the program is no longer supported by Ebay and it is off line it has asked me to log into Ebay to verify myself and therfore enable me to access my files. I can not do that. What can I do to get to these files. I would like to convert them to CSV and continue using them. The Turbo Lister will not let me do that unless I verify myself. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@craigk2 

Yes, move your system date back a year, go online, and then export in ALL the formats available. Turbo's days are coming to their bitter end, so get your data off of there now. Don't forget to move the date back again afterwards.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

One hack you can try is to change your computer system date to the previous year to at least have some access.

I don't remember whether TL exports to CSV.  I do know that the TL data files are in some proprietary format, so no help there either.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@craigk2 

Yes, move your system date back a year, go online, and then export in ALL the formats available. Turbo's days are coming to their bitter end, so get your data off of there now. Don't forget to move the date back again afterwards.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanx - nothing could be simpler

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Gentlemen...It Worked! Thank you so much! Had to set clock back to 2019, which took only a click...1700 listings exported as CSV files! Turbolister 2 will work if you set the date back to 2019 or early 2020, and will export all your listings to a folder on your computer as CSV files. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for the tip.  I have been able to use TL even currently but only through the guest feature.  Once set up it never asks for password authorization.  I use it primarily to convert listings to File Exchange format.  I have one account that I wish I had set up earlier so I there would be no need to enter a password for that account.  My question to you.  When restoring a backup file to TL and the small box comes up asking for the password......no matter what I type in it does not recognize it.  Do you know away around it?  Or do you know how to correct the visual of where the screen is moved to the left and there is no way of entering the password in that as it is all gibberish.  Thanks for any help 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@tellephoto 

Sorry, I do not have a suggestion. I did not know that TL had a "guest" feature. Perhaps @Anonymous  might have some advice for how to restore your "guest" backup.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @tellephoto @shipscript,

Thanks for posting.

I already responded to your DM @tellephoto, but adding it here for visibility.

I can't say for sure if this is still the case since it's been retired, but back when we did support Turbo Lister, a password prompt when restoring a backup is an indicator that the backup file is corrupt, and cannot be used. I would try to restore a different/older backup.

If you're getting the prompt to sign in to eBay, other users have reported being able to get around this by changing the date on their computers back about 18 months.

I hope this helps, I regrettably can't make any guarantees with it being retired, and no longer receiving updates.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply