cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Member: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." message for past 5 days!

For the past 5 days the Contact Member process through the Feedback profile keeps giving me the following message:

"Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." 

I have put the correct item number when prompted to "Enter item Number" and when I click "continue" I recieve the error message. 

Any idea when this will be fixed?

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: Contact Member: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." message for past

Keep getting the red message whenever i try to contact this seller...

Message 46 of 80
latest reply

Re: Contact Member: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." message for past

I'm having the same problem whenever i try to contact    https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=therealtoychest

and it's been going on for almost 3 weeks

Message 47 of 80
latest reply

I am having exactly same issue on my account. I really need to contact my seller to solve problems on the item and this is the only way, but the function doesn't work.

Ebay,

What is the current status of this? Is there any alternate way to contact my seller?

Message 48 of 80
latest reply

You could try using the contact link from the seller's profile page (click on their feedback number, then on their username near top of their feedback page, then the "Contact link" on their profile page

Could also try a direct approach like this:
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?FindAnswers&frm=284&requested=dms59&iid=ITEMNUMBER
(you need to substitute the itemnumber for the item in question for ITEMNUMBER in the URL above)

Message 49 of 80
latest reply

I am still getting the "oops" message.  I am trying it again and again for almost week and nothink changed. I tried different browsers but no luck. I have tried the "provide feedback" button on that site but nothink happened. I need to contact the seller, because I did not get the item and this bug on ebay is really annoying...

Message 50 of 80
latest reply

@pvl-kohout 

Have you tried contacting the seller through their profile page without adding a transaction number? Have you been in contact with the seller previously?

That seller has no completed items listed that I can see, so possibly you are past the 60 day cutoff or the item was removed by eBay. If it has not yet been 60 days since the purchase but the item has not arrived by the last estimated delivery date, you can try the using resolution center link at the bottom of the page to file an item-not-received claim, otherwise your best bet may be to pursue a claim through either paypal or your credit card depending on how you paid. At least that is how it works in the US, not sure if things are different in the Czech Republic.

Message 51 of 80
latest reply

Order placed on

Friday, Mar 8, 2019

Payment date

Friday, Mar 8, 2019

Estimated delivery Friday, Apr 5, 2019 - Friday, May 10, 2019

So it is not possible to contact seller after 60 days, but it is possible to have estimated delivery longer than 60 days? (The last day of estimate delivery was 63 days after order and payment!) This really is ridiculous... Really convenient for scams.  I tried the resolution centre. It seems that it is working. Now I have to wait until May 18...

Message 52 of 80
latest reply

@pvl-kohout 

So it is not possible to contact seller after 60 days, but it is possible to have estimated delivery longer than 60 days?

In general, items disappear from the site after sixty days or so, so if you are trying to contact someone about a transaction that is older than 60 days, eBay may no longer recognize the transaction number, which is why I suggested contacting the seller through their profile page and not using a transaction number.

It is entirely up to you if you are willing to order something that takes longer than 60 days to arrive; but after sixty days you will not be able to leave feedback, and eBay will not be able refund you if something goes wrong. After that sixty day deadline, you will have to pursue your paypal or other payment guarantees. Paypal generally allows you to file an item-not-received claim up to 180 days after purchase; other payment sources vary. Do not open a paypal or credit card claim while you have an open eBay claim pending, however; having more than one claim open at the same time for the same transaction will cause problems for you. If after four days eBay does not provide the option to have eBay step in, close the eBay claim and open a claim using paypal or your other payment method.

Message 53 of 80
latest reply

I did not know that. Counting delivery days everytime ordering sounds like huge fun... Wouldnt it be less scam friendly if the deadline was longer or it was not possible for seller to set delivery time longer than 60 days deadline? I think this is really big loophole in e-bay system... 

Message 54 of 80
latest reply

@pvl-kohout 

Wouldnt it be less scam friendly if the deadline was longer or it was not possible for seller to set delivery time longer than 60 days deadline?

I would certainly prefer if a detailed item listing was still available on eBay for more than 60 days, but I suppose eBay has to draw the line somewhere, and it appears that 60 days is it. There are some valid reasons why an order might take more than that -- consider an item that requires custom assembly, for instance. If the buyer knows the estimated shipping time and the relevant deadlines and is willing to wait, why not? As long as the buyer's funding source provides some sort of guarantee that lasts longer than the last estimated shipping date, the buyer should still be protected.

There will always be scammers that try to take advantage of any system, unfortunately.

Message 55 of 80
latest reply

I was able to send a test message to that seller from that exact listing for item 143161101325 that you show in your screen shot with no problem whatsoever.

As it has been well over 60 days since your purchase and the listing ended there may be something odd going on, but again, I had no problem sending a message to the seller from that listing.
Message 56 of 80
latest reply

Well, In that case I don´t know where was the problem...

anyway:

Here's the case outcome You received a refund We've issued a refund of $ 18.69 back to the original funding source you used to purchase this item. Please allow 48 hours for it to process. We didn't receive valid tracking information from the seller. Final decision: The case has been closed in your favor.

Message 57 of 80
latest reply

me too!

I get the "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." and i've been trying for hours!

I want to contact a seller over information about an item I got from them. This is pretty frustrating!

Thanks for your help

Message 58 of 80
latest reply

I bought this article and I have not received it. I am trying to contact the seller and I only get this message. The article is 293157786368. I would like to know how I recover my money or the article since I have not received a response from ebay.

Message 59 of 80
latest reply

I bought this article and I have not received it. I am trying to contact the seller and I only get this message. The article is 293157786368.
I would like to know how I recover my money or the article since I have not received a response from ebay.
Message 60 of 80
latest reply