cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout issues with PayPal

I'm not able to pay for item in Ebay.co.uk checkout when I select to pay with PayPal.

Process hangs after I write down my PP password in "Log in with Paypal" window. Annoying circle spins indefinitely.

I finally paid with the credit card option.

So What is going on? When will it be fixed?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@nikobiliouri-0 

This is the US board......you might want to post on the UK board since problems can be different between countries...

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@nikobiliouri-0 

If you are running into problems when checking out -- specifically, getting a spinning ring icon immediately after signing in to PayPal -- see this thread for some possible things to try:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Ebay-Checkout-Issue-not-Connecting-to-Paypal-Undefine...

Many users experiencing that problem have better results when switching to another browser, or temporarily disabling ad blocking and cross-site tracker blocking on eBay and PayPal, or else using a mobile browser or the eBay app to checkout.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, I just wanted to confirm that we are investigating this issue now and I have added all of the impacted users from this thread to our report. I don't have an estimated time for a fix at the moment, but will touch base if I need more info from anyone. In the meantime, make sure there is nothing wrong with your PayPal account (address, card on file, etc.) and that you PayPal login info is up to date. Try logging in to the regular PayPal site with the same account information to double check, and to ensure there is no account issue on PayPal's end that could be interfering with payment. Lastly, clear your browsing history/cache/cookies and attempt payment again. Some members may find checkout is successful when using a different browser, by trying to check out on a desktop or the mobile version of the site (whichever you were not using originally), or by logging into eBay.ca and completing checkout there. Be aware if you buy the item on eBay.ca, any potential issues with your purchase would be addressed on eBay.ca going forward.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Same problem. Spinning circle when I try to log in to PP to pay. First time in 20 years I've encountered this. Been trying to pay for 24 hours. Can't get in to PP.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The problem is gone!!! I can pay my orders again, thank you!😉

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

i have been trying to checkout with Paypal since 2/21. today 2/23 it's still not working. i can login to Paypal fine.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

also stuck in the circle of doom

Message 8 of 8
latest reply