cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A web page is slowing down your browser

For a couple days now, while only ebay pages are open, using Firefox, I've been getting this message:

"A web page is slowing down your browser. What would you like to do? Stop it (or) Wait"

Some ebay pages are taking a very long time to load.

Anyone else?

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

I don't use Firefox, but on Internet Explorer I find that waiting for all the advertisements on the right-side of the eBay screen to load are definitiely slowing down my load time. The site is so loaded up with ads now, it is making eBay harder and harder to be efficient either in buying or selling. I realize all this adds to eBay's bottom line, but at what expense? I am beginning to think that eBay is more interested in adding to their advertising revenue then in servicing their sellers & Buyers!! It is looking more and more like a SPAM SITE!

Message 2 of 49
latest reply

We use Firefox adn have no such messages or slow loading issues

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 3 of 49
latest reply

Yes, I'm absolutely having slow webpage loads, and only on Ebay.  This has been going on for 2+ weeks now.  Scroll through the other posts in this forum, and you'll see that you're clearly not alone.

Message 4 of 49
latest reply

I have been struggling with this for 2 weeks now! I have tried everything suggested on the boards that I can using Mozilla Firefox to NO avail.
Message 5 of 49
latest reply

I use Mozilla Firefox and so far no relief in solving this infuriating prob~ to NO avail.
Message 6 of 49
latest reply

I absolutely agree! Ebay is the ONLY site that screws up my Mozilla Firefox. I'm buying FAR LESS now.
Message 7 of 49
latest reply

Yeah, I use firefox too and I'm getting the same problem. It usually happens on the purchase history page and oly loads about 1/10th the page

Message 8 of 49
latest reply

Same here... my "purchase page" can take 5 minutes or more to load while stopping all other browser pages from loading; whethere eBay or not unless I click stop on Firefox notice that "a web page is slowing down your browser".

Originally I though the ad blocking within Firefox was the issue, but turned that off and the same. So, I turned off flash, which is where the placement for ads was showing and that did not help. So, I went to eBay controls and once again tried to turn off the insidious reminders that consume the right 1/3 of the page, but that has never stopped them for the past year. But, while I was there, I also turned off the email reminders that are sending hundreds of emails per day to remind you that you are the high bidder, but bid soon... lol ... and they have not slowed down.

....We no longer sell on eBay, but rather a buyer because when people cannot place bids, the seller is losing money; about the time you click to make a bid, sometimes you beat the right side reminders and sometimes not and wind up on a different page. And then there is waiting and waiting for some pages to load. Thus, we are using bidding tools more and more to avoid this ongoing nonsense of software with a mind of it's own. It eliminates the reminders in the right column and saves deleting hundreds of emails each day.... thankfully, government is not yet taxing emails. 🙂

Message 9 of 49
latest reply

DITTO here. Haven't been able to do much. I just switched to Google Chrome and have tested most functions. Everything seems to be working fine. Still going to get with Firefox and see if Ebay problems can be resolved as it is my preference to use Firefox.
Message 10 of 49
latest reply

i have been having the same irritating problem on my computer with firefox also. the only web page i have this problem with is ebay. i close my ebay and the rest of my open tabs work just fine and no more web page slowing reminders. ebay needs to get this taken care of soon or risk losing money in sales.
Message 11 of 49
latest reply

Don't worry, eBay will fix it... In a year or so.

Message 12 of 49
latest reply

Mark as solved DOWNLOAD GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER. No more issues and good bye to firefox forever.

Message 13 of 49
latest reply

Yes, I use Firefox as well and having the same problem/message. Each time I try to open my "watched items list" (and only on the watched items list) it appears.  It asks if you want to stop it or wait, but does not respond to either option, so you have to wait anyway. This has been happening for quite a while now. VERY frustrating!

Message 14 of 49
latest reply

Talk about annoying, what a waist of time this is, have reported to ebay for No action.

Only on Purchase Page, Links stop working, everything, then works for 5 seconds, then back to

"a web page is slowing down your browser"

eBay only worry about what they want to if they think it will make them more money, you gotta love it

eBay in Australia is the only online company portal not offering some sort of credit when you buy, ie buy now, pay later, what do you reckon that's doing to sellers.

HELLO, ANYBODY HOME

LOL

Message 15 of 49
latest reply