cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake authenticators and accounts on eBay

Beware of sellers of autographed jerseys and other items claiming to have been authenticated by Inter Autographs and Cube Signings. A bunch of items are being listed by new ebay accounts based out of Korea claiming to be "authentic" (why so many autographed jerseys are being sent to Korea, who knows? LOL). Most of the accounts seem to be opened in February or March of 2016, and have the name format: _____-(#) like here:

I doubt most people bidding on these fakes will read this, but I think it's important that the ebay community and website itself does something to protect its consumers. I know it's extremely common for fake items to be sold here, but that's no excuse to accept blatant crime and abuse.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Fake authenticators and accounts on eBay

Buyer Beware

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Watch out for supermemorabilia.com also. Bid on a Walter Payton Jersey, luckily lost the bidding. The next week I see the same Jersey by a different seller. The thing that made me wonder is the pictures were identicle along with the description. I zoomed in on the serial number and it was the same one that I lost on the bidding. So I checked the winning bidders feedback number and the new Sellers and were different. The new Sellers had to feed back. Beware of anyone with low feed backs

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

i just ordered a jersey and now i feel like i got scammed after reading all your comments and stuff 

it was for a kyrie irving jersey 11 

ebay seller - rayal_56 (1) 

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Sorry my dude, best I can suggest is try to file a claim on Paypal saying that after further research, this appears to be a fraud. Offer up the fishy websites and screenshots for proof and see what they say.

It's honestly a shame that ebay does nothing about this blatent fraudulant activity.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

so its a fake ?
Message 20 of 22
latest reply

I can't make a judgement call on the actual autograph itself, but if you look through the thread, Inter Autographics has been demonstrated repeatedly to be a questionable authenticator. Personally I wouldn't have faith in anything they've authenticated as real because I don't trust their legitimacy as a company.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 22 of 22
latest reply