cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake authenticators and accounts on eBay

Beware of sellers of autographed jerseys and other items claiming to have been authenticated by Inter Autographs and Cube Signings. A bunch of items are being listed by new ebay accounts based out of Korea claiming to be "authentic" (why so many autographed jerseys are being sent to Korea, who knows? LOL). Most of the accounts seem to be opened in February or March of 2016, and have the name format: _____-(#) like here:

I doubt most people bidding on these fakes will read this, but I think it's important that the ebay community and website itself does something to protect its consumers. I know it's extremely common for fake items to be sold here, but that's no excuse to accept blatant crime and abuse.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Thank you for this. I was considering buying an item authenticated by them. But because of this decided not to pull through with it.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

How can you tell these are fake? This was the only negative thing I've seen for them online? 

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

That previous message was For Cube Signings* How can you be sure its not authentic. Havent see any negative reviews besides this one

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

A quick look at both websites (cubesignings.com, interautographs.com) show word-for-word copy/paste descriptions in most if not all the sections.  A google search shows no information for "Danniel Henney," supposedly Interautographs' CEO and expert since "1945." Same for "Ryan Collins." Both companies claim to have been founded in 2009.  Fishy much?

Lastly, they have autographs by players they should have no access to (Kobe Bryant, for example, who's signed to Panini).

If you factor all those things along with the new ebay accounts selling them, the whole thing looks like a total scam.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

100% fake, totally right with both websites being word for word, they list an item with a new account user every time asking for American dollars but somehow sent from Korea..  I nearly got caught buying a signed soccer jersey with the whole teams autograph on it but i couldnt make out the autographs lol...

I recommend do your research, be very weary of new accounts being setup, read forums about the company... I guarantee once you buy the item you'll never hear back from the buyer

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Beware of authenticators in general.

A little while ago an eBay user posted a disturbing experience. He presented an item that he'd personally received, in a televised sports event, directly from an athlete. The authenticating service vetted by eBay declared it a fake. 

Authenticators are not here to help us have a safe buying/selling experience, or to protect the integrity of the autographed collectible market.

They're here to make money off of us, just like everyone else.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

I agree with your assessment of these supposed authenticators. I find it strange that eBay listings that feature signed NBA jerseys authenticated by supermemorabilia.com, interautographs.com, cubesignings.com and memorabiliacentre.com use exactly the same language in the listings and the company's websites use the same language/verbiage as well. Danniel Henny's name is featured on two different sites yet with conflicting numbers of years of service. And why do all sellers have fewer than 10 as their feedback score? And why do the jerseys in all these listings sell for several hundreds of dollars less than jerseys authenticated by JSA and/or PSA? I'd love to buy some of these items, but none of these companies will reply to even a basic email request when I post one at the "contact us" section of their websites. They act as if they have something to hide, which it appears, they most certainly do.
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

All authenticators are fakes.

If Pete Rose autographed my baseball cap in 1986, there are only two people in the world who can confirm this fact: Me and Pete Rose. 

Anyone else providing that service is making an educated guess to earn a quick buck. It's unethical for eBay or anyone else to present authentication services as being of any potential value to a buyer.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

All the websites mentioned are hosted on the same service and they all have the HTML lang set to Korean. 

supermemorabilia.com and cubesignings.com are owned by the same name and cubesignings is registered as the company owning supermemorabilia.com.

Also, the domains aren't as old as the companies say they are. If you bought something authenicated by these companies, hopefully you didn't spend too much money.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Such great information. Cubesignings has a NE Patriots Jersey signed by 21 members of the SB51 winning team to include Tom Brady. I had to do a double take because of how low the price was. Such an amazing piece would go great with my collection. Too bad it is not a good piece, but rather of piece of **bleep**.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

U just saved me a shyt ton of money thank you
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I've reported these sites until I'm blue in the face and it seems to me that he made doesn't give a s*** as long as they're giving their fee... This Seller charlenpybur_0 is one selling these fakes and it's obvious both of these websites where built by the same web designer. Only a fool wouldn't notice and the site asks for koreaK or English translation. Looking at completed sales they have defrauded several people already

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Users johwal388 (4) in Canada selling  16/17 Juventus Squad Signed Jersey w/COA/Holo buffon dybala higuian 33 autographs on it for $300  charlenpybur_0 (33) in Texas selling  the RIP the late Ultra Rare ## No.92 Reggie White Autographed Green Bay Packers NFL Jersey + COA a starting bid of $100

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

I'd love to have this as well...however it fits the fake auctions previously described.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply