cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Delivered" .....but not Delivered.

I wheel and deal Cardboard. So, in the past 2 weeks I have had 4 customers say their package was not delivered. eBay envelope however worked on these 4 Sports Trading Cards and showed it as delivered. None of them even in the same region of the US. Is this a new shady move? Is anyone else having this issue? I have a stellar reputation, so someone says they did not receive the card I issue a full refund. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

If the ES envelope tracking shows "Delivered" most likely the customer got the card the next day or the card is misplaced in the mail system and could take extra time for delivery.  These ES envelopes may take 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.  Ask the buyers to give it a few more days. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

The EsE is usually delivered the next day or 2 after it says delivered. I'd ask people to wait a couple days after that shows on the tracking. Actually I just leave them feedback when it says "out for delivery" and don't sweat it unless they contact me. I've sent refunds when it did not show delivered and should have been, then gotten my funds back from ebay using their ESE guarantee.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I believe, and I know I'll be corrected if I am wrong, but it would show delivered once it arrived at the regional postal facility serving the buyer's area. Then it would be sent to the local post office for delivery to the buyer, resulting in the delay that was mentioned by @cardsforauction and @worldcoinauctions 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@turkostradingcards 

When the eBay Standard Envelope (ESE) is scanned as "Delivered," that ONLY indicates that the ESE has arrived at the post office indicated by the ZIP Code of the residential address on the envelope.

Thus, most actual residential deliveries will not occur until the following day (or longer), if the "Delivery" scan is made on a Friday or a holiday weekend -- thus resulting in residential delivery the following Monday or Tuesday.

One of the additional factors is the size of the staff at each post office branch, as well as the number and length of postal routes, plus weather conditions.   

While a cheaper service, the ESE should NOT be considered as safe as USPS Ground Advantage, since many eBay sellers still seem to have considerable problems with the ESE, especially regarding flexibility and contents.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

IMO anything one can possibly conceive of CAN go wrong on an ESE.

But in this situation, there is a high probability of a dishonest buyer as well.

You should be covered by the insurance, and protected from negative FB.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I just started buying cards and am mostly buying small cheaper stuff for my PC.  4 items so far show as 'delivered'  none have actually been delivered to my home.  The system is trash.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

In a different time, I would have suggested that you ask your postman. But nowadays few people know or even see their postman.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I was on the forum the other day and was told by an eBay employee...not customer service...if tracking saids "delivered" on tracking...you are covered. I suggest trying for the insurance through eBay to get refunds under the eBay standard envelope.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

The primary problem is sellers need to educate themselves on how to properly ship and communicate. The secondary problem is that buyers need to understand that they are at the mercy of their local post office system. You can thank funding cutbacks from a terrible Postmaster General. ESE are scanned like metered mail through sorters, often marked delivered either somewhere at the regional distribution center down to the local post office depending on the size of your town, metro area, city, etc. They can be delivered early or they can be delivered 2-3 weeks late. A good seller will often remedy the situation through an apology for the inconvenience and a refund, knowing that they can submit a claim through the Parcel insurance Plan. That would demonstrate good customer service. A crappy seller will ignore you and point at the delivered sign and not just not care about you, they are terrible sellers and deserve negative feedback, or blocked. A buyer needs to review feedback of sellers, heck, even see what they have sold. Are their complaints about items not being delivered? If not, maybe they know how to use the standard envelope. Do you as the buyer live in an area where you notoriously only receive two out of the ten ESE products you buy? You might want to do yourself a favor and understand that your post office doesn't want to support that system. So you might be stuck spending $4-$6+ on Ground Advantage for an item that costs $1.50. That might not bother you, that might bother other buyers. Be an educated buyer, make educated purchases from educated sellers.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

It’s delivered… to the recipient’s destination DC. There most likely won’t be another scan, including when it’s “delivered” - part deux.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Just so you know, we'll makes me feel better you know I should say. I always ship within ESE specifications, using cardboard mailers. I also always immediately send a refund. I assumed wrong that it showing delivered meant it would not be covered under insurance. I have learned that they are covered.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply