Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paypal wont accept a usps proof of signature

hi

i have shipped a coat for 1000 usd 

to usa the buyer has received the item and opened a case non receipt 

i provided to paypal the tracking number the tracking slip 

and a pdf file from usps with the signature of proof and adress

they closed the case in favor of buyer because paypal says they do not accept the proof of signature of usps and they need to see it online

i told the to call the usps so they can confirm to them and they do not want do that

any help will be apreciate

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: paypal wont accept a usps proof of signature

You need to persue mail fraud charges against your buyer.

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

"BTW, I don't know if this still works, but what you may try is taking the signed document that was provided and put it "online" yourself (dropbox etc.). And send Paypal the link."

That never worked.

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

Against policy to post all this information - it's been reported. As much as we want to help you OP - you can't release the buyer's name and address on the boards.

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

There are no gray zones where eBay is concerned. Everything must be done to the letter. EBay doesn't make concessions for anyone.

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

I'm sorry you're going through this. The document you shared probably soon will be removed by admin. I know nothing about the Paypal rules in this situation, but here's my question/suggestion:

Does that signature match the name of the individual who made the purchase? Whether it does or not, if that is the correct address, I would send a copy of the document to the buyer & calmly say that someone using that name, and at their address fraudulently signed for the package, and that you're filing a fraud case with USPS & a theft case with the police department in that town. And that you would very much appreciate their cooperation when the postal inspectors & police department contact them to locate the person who stole the package. 

Just maybe, they'll suddenly find the person who "accidentally" got their package. If not, file charges as suggested. Good luck!! 

Message 20 of 35
latest reply

i clicked on the link you provided , thank you

I do not see though where i can request online to update the proof of signature in their website tracking info 

Yet , i have called them several times and requested from them to do so. The answer of the customer service is they can't 

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

Thank you for the sympathy

The document matches exactly all details

I had  already contacted the buyer and mailed the document .Initially it seemed to work as they got a defensive attitude .However one hour later my appeal was rejected by paypal  and apparently the fear of consequences faded away 

Message 22 of 35
latest reply

Not quiet true , 

for example they do not allow contact info on description page or basically anywhere else.

I know top rated sellers with 4500+ feedback who have had email addresses and phone numbers in all item description pages for years and they still continue to do so i do not believe they have not seen it yet or noone has reported them , especially some of them being in competitive niches

Message 23 of 35
latest reply

I'd certainly fear consequences of a fraud & theft investigation! As far as Paypal, right now the buyer thinks it's over. File charges against them. Unless living in a jail cell is a housing upgrade for them...they may find the coat. How you get the coat or your $ returned is an altogether different issue. But, I'd be way too stubborn to let it go just yet. 

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

How would the OP file charges against the buyer?

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

Okay, you're right. Good catch! Apologies. The OP can't file charges against the buyer per se. However, the OP can open a fraud case with USPS and a theft case with local authorities, right? He/she has lost a coat & the $1000 received for it. "Someone" using the buyer's name, and who was at the buyer's address signed for the package. If successful in opening either of those investigations, it's a sure bet that the buyer will be contacted as a result. Not to be overly Pollyanna about the outcome, but IMHO, if the buyer knows that the seller isn't going to let this go, it's at least possible (likely) they'll magically find the coat or the person in the household who purloined it. If the buyer truly is blameless (unlikely), they will not resist efforts to recover the stolen property.
Message 26 of 35
latest reply

"However, the OP can open a fraud case with USPS and a theft case with local authorities, right?"

How would the OP open a fraud case with USPS or a theft case with local authorities?

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

Who can I report a stolen package to? You can file a complaint with U.S. Postal Inspector. USPS has a police force that investigates mail theft. You can also file a police report with your local city or county. Keep in mind that it isn’t an urgent matter and the report should be done online or through the non-emergency phone line.

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

The original poster lives in Greece.

Message 29 of 35
latest reply

@sam9876 wrote:

The original poster lives in Greece.

That only took 3 posts, Ms. Sam you are losing your touch. I always love your succinct replies as they teach a man to fish rather than just handing him a mcfishnugget.

Message 30 of 35
latest reply