Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paypal wont accept a usps proof of signature

hi

i have shipped a coat for 1000 usd 

to usa the buyer has received the item and opened a case non receipt 

i provided to paypal the tracking number the tracking slip 

and a pdf file from usps with the signature of proof and adress

they closed the case in favor of buyer because paypal says they do not accept the proof of signature of usps and they need to see it online

i told the to call the usps so they can confirm to them and they do not want do that

any help will be apreciate

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: paypal wont accept a usps proof of signature

I too read the original posts. Greece is a lovely country with internet, mail & telephone service. If the OP cannot get satisfaction via Paypal - and it seems perhaps not - the case can be pursued via legal channels stateside, not requiring a visit to our country to file. 

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

@dcintennessee wrote:

I too read the original posts. Greece is a lovely country with internet, mail & telephone service. If the OP cannot get satisfaction via Paypal - and it seems perhaps not - the case can be pursued via legal channels stateside, not requiring a visit to our country to file. 

I'm not an international lawyer but do believe outside certain treaties agreed upon by the involved sovereign nations any non-specified laws including and perhaps up to murder are moot.

This is only based on the fact that numerous US citizens have been murdered and tortured at the hands of foreign countries without one iota of recourse.

I sincerely doubt that one could get an international dispute going because they forgot to read the clauses of an agreement that millions abide by every day and one that the seller did, in fact, sign electronically.
Message 32 of 35
latest reply

Three days ago , i received this message from paypal

"We have issued you a refund in the amount of $1,000.00 USD for this claim. The refund will be posted to your account within 3-5 business days.

You can find additional information and tips about buying and selling safely on our Business Resource Center at https://www.paypal-businesscenter.com/manage-your-business

Thank you for your cooperation and patience with our investigation.

Sincerely,

Protection Services
Copyright © 1999-2017 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l.et Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxemburg
RCS Luxemburg B 118 349

PayPal Email ID PP1028 - fb7f144c254e0"

As of today the funds are credited to my account .

5 days ago i had received a message from paypal stating  that my appeal was rejected .

I did not take any further action with paypal.

However i did report the incident to the police and filed a fraud report to USPS. 

Furthermore i discovered by accident after talking with a fellow seller from my hometown , being in the fur niche as well , that he had fallen victim of the very same person , with the exact method .

I made copies of the reports and emailed them to the buyer . I also called her and informed her that i knew she had deceived another seller, in the same way . 

So , two days later i received the above email from paypal.

I do not know , whether the police or usps took immediate action or the buyer was intimidated and called paypal . Also , i had opened a thread in the paypal community .

Bottom line is , that one has to be cautious with the details. 

Thank you for suggestions and moral support . 

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

This does not make any sense. I’m in a situation right now where a buyer filed a claim not received, but tracking number says item left w individual along w email from usps showing signature confirmation and eBay will not accept the email.  How do I get “official documentation” from USPS?

Please see below...

“Thanks for contacting eBay about the Bag ......... I appreciate the time and effort you exerted for providing us the document. I’m glad to assist you with this and explain the situation.

I have thoroughly checked the details of the document you provided and I’m unable to verify the signature confirmation. At this point, it will be best if you can provide us the official documentation from the carrier to verify the signature confirmation.

We are looking forward on your response.

Your patience and understanding is highly commendable.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to assist you and more importantly for choosing eBay as your partner.”

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

@babywarlord321 

This thread is going on two years old.  You may want to start a new thread.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 35 of 35
latest reply