Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paypal wont accept a usps proof of signature

hi

i have shipped a coat for 1000 usd 

to usa the buyer has received the item and opened a case non receipt 

i provided to paypal the tracking number the tracking slip 

and a pdf file from usps with the signature of proof and adress

they closed the case in favor of buyer because paypal says they do not accept the proof of signature of usps and they need to see it online

i told the to call the usps so they can confirm to them and they do not want do that

any help will be apreciate

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: paypal wont accept a usps proof of signature

Three days ago , i received this message from paypal

"We have issued you a refund in the amount of $1,000.00 USD for this claim. The refund will be posted to your account within 3-5 business days.

You can find additional information and tips about buying and selling safely on our Business Resource Center at https://www.paypal-businesscenter.com/manage-your-business

Thank you for your cooperation and patience with our investigation.

Sincerely,

Protection Services
Copyright © 1999-2017 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l.et Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxemburg
RCS Luxemburg B 118 349

PayPal Email ID PP1028 - fb7f144c254e0"

As of today the funds are credited to my account .

5 days ago i had received a message from paypal stating  that my appeal was rejected .

I did not take any further action with paypal.

However i did report the incident to the police and filed a fraud report to USPS. 

Furthermore i discovered by accident after talking with a fellow seller from my hometown , being in the fur niche as well , that he had fallen victim of the very same person , with the exact method .

I made copies of the reports and emailed them to the buyer . I also called her and informed her that i knew she had deceived another seller, in the same way . 

So , two days later i received the above email from paypal.

I do not know , whether the police or usps took immediate action or the buyer was intimidated and called paypal . Also , i had opened a thread in the paypal community .

Bottom line is , that one has to be cautious with the details. 

Thank you for suggestions and moral support . 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 33 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

I might be wrong, but I thought tracking showed that a signature was obtained when delivered.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 35
latest reply

@furskd

Sorry, but ebay and PayPal need proof ONLINE of delivery. They're not about to call.

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

hi

so they do not accept physical documents?

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

hi

i did ship from greece to usa and the greek courier is cooperating with usps

the usps told me they cannot put it online but they can provide a document by email 

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

hi

the tracking shows that has been delivered 

RE710985649GR

AT WWW.USPS.COM

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

@furskd

That tracking number does not have signature confirmation, which is required for transactions over $750. It says the package was "Left with Individual".

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

Hi

i have shipped from greece a greek courrier which requires according to their policy a signature confirmation

thats what i paid for to be delivered to the person,i have contacted usps they gave me the proof of signature but cannot be online

I attach the proof of signature

put in mind the adress of buyer is a small town and is a house not a building

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

Once again, the delivery confirmation AND the signature confirmation must be viewable ONLINE.

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

YES , i have read their policies . HOWEVER , there are cases that fall in the gray zone like mine .

Trying to follow the rules sometimes leads to missing the ESSENCE !

And the essence here is that USPS confirms that the parcel has been delivered !

It is only ONE phone call away from proving my point in the case .

If they cannot call USPS and confirm the delivery , then why the heck are they taking all those fees and advertize seller protection ??

And USPS is rigid as well .When asked to provide proof of signature online they respond with a vertical NO . Their arguement is that they already provided a written proof of delivery and signature and they are availble to receive call from PAYPAL to confirm . How can you fight this argument ?

Bottom thing is that a scammy buyer takes advantage of the online proof rule and declares item not received and i lose 1000 usd just because PAYPAL cannot make a f@@@@ phone call !!!!

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

The online-viewable tracking rule at eBay and PayPal is so that everyone --

buyer, seller, eBay, PayPal, credit card issuer, and all uninterested partiers --

from anywhere in the uvinerse can agree and not dispute --

the the code was singed at delivery.

@furskd

A private phone call between 2 porties or a PDF document --

does not import the same export, uvinersally.

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

USPS is considered a third , no interest party with high Authority. If buyer , seller, ebay , paypal or whoever else calls them regarding a matter they will all receive the same information.

therefore either the info is published online or it is written ob a pdf or received via a call, will always be the same and will not be a cause of friction or dispute between interested parties.

they either deliver a specific parcel to a specific address  to a specific person, in a specific time or they don't .

What is to dispute for ? The way information is accesible ? 

You either take usps authority for granted or the system does not work . 

besides paypal , i believe has got email and physical address to receive written confirmation,if the phone call to verify the delivery is not credible for them

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

In addition my responsibility as a seller is to make sure the item arrives to the buyer safe and sound. It is paypal's job to determine whether it was received or not in a 'item not received ' case . In this case they are doing a really bad job
Message 13 of 35
latest reply

"so they do not accept physical documents?"

No.

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

USPS shows "September 30, 2017, 2:31 pm Delivered, Left with Individual BERKELEY, IL 60163"

Registered Mail includes the ability "upon request, electronic verification that an article was delivered or that a delivery attempt was made."

I suggest you "request" it from the USPS so that they can post it on line.

BTW, I don't know if this still works, but what you may try is taking the signed document that was provided and put it "online" yourself (dropbox etc.). And send Paypal the link.

Message 15 of 35
latest reply