cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to ebay and have a question...

So I am looking to buy a portable hot tub. I have done extensive research. I get on Ebay and find a intext model for 80.00. I look up the model number, make sure there is no recall and everything is good. Why is this person selling a 350-450 dollar item for 80.00? I wrote him and asked...no reply. This item has free shipping, but no returns. If I order this item, receive it and it is broken or doesn't work/damaged, even with the ebay money back guarantee, wouldn't I have to pay the cost to ship it back since the seller doesn't accept returns? Which in this case the cost to ship it back would be more than the item....what happens in these situations? Is there a scam I am missing? any info would help, thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: new to ebay and have a question...

@a_placelikeno_other79 wrote:

So I am looking to buy a portable hot tub. I have done extensive research. I get on Ebay and find a intext model for 80.00. I look up the model number, make sure there is no recall and everything is good. Why is this person selling a 350-450 dollar item for 80.00? I wrote him and asked...no reply. This item has free shipping, but no returns. If I order this item, receive it and it is broken or doesn't work/damaged, even with the ebay money back guarantee, wouldn't I have to pay the cost to ship it back since the seller doesn't accept returns? Which in this case the cost to ship it back would be more than the item....what happens in these situations? Is there a scam I am missing? any info would help, thanks!

Sounds too good to be true so it probably is. Stay away from it. So many huge red flags are there.

Please note: When a seller has a no return policy, it does not give him a free pass to sell junk ... well, unless the listing is actually listed as junk but I don't think that's going to happen. That is not an item I would be purchasing sight unseen. Just saying.

Today I will not judge.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

ebay's Money Back Guarantee trumps that seller's no returns policy if the item is never received, or it is not as described.  The seller then pays return shipping.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Ahh.. every body is a cynic....lol

The seller doesn't want it back because...well....it is expensive to ship.

If you buy the item, you are rolling the dice that there is nothing wrong with it. If you receive the item and it works perfectly, then you got a deal. If you get the item and it leaks or doesn't work, well, you got a pain in the bottom situation. Yes, you are protect by eBays MBG program so, you can't lose, you just have to deal with a claim and the return process and all that.

The fact the seller has not responded to you is a huge red flag. They don't know the answers to your question or they do and don't want to say. The no answer seller is gonna be an ugly seller when you go to return it.

Cheers
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@a_placelikeno_other79 wrote:

IMO that is not a question that a seller is necessarily going to answer.  Many times, too good to be true is just that.  Reading the feedback comments the seller has received would be a good idea, too.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply