cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay won’t give refund

I had purchased an item that wasn’t as described so I asked to return the item. The item was from China and the seller agreed for me to return the item and will pay the return shipping once they receive it since they can’t create return labels. I used USPS First Class International shipping not knowing it would not provide delivery confirmation in China. I assumed it would because it did for other countries in my experience. A few weeks had pass and the seller asked Ebay to step in and Ebay closed my case and decided that I would not recieve a refund. So I lost an extra $20+. I did try to apeal stating that the package successfully left the US and will take time to reach the destination since it’s international (at this time I hadn’t known it would not provide delivery confirmation) I also mentioned that I am losing more money for this and they still decided on not giving me a refund. Is there anything else I can do? I wish either USPS or Ebay would give a warning that delivery confirmation would not be provided. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Ebay won’t give refund

And the lesson for today.....

Do Not Buy from china 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Ebay won’t give refund

Well by now you know you should have opened a case to protect yourself, Ebay would have debited that sellers account for the return.And I doubt seriously that the seller would have refunded you shipping once he received the item...you can try a chargeback on your cc, if thats how you paid.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Ebay won’t give refund

I opened a return case and ebay closed it when the seller asked them to step in.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Ebay won’t give refund

They closed it because you didnt provide an online tracking number to prove the item was returned to the seller, unfortunately, there are no exceptions to that rule.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Ebay won’t give refund

I did provide an online tracking number, the last thing it says is that it left usps international distribution center in NY.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Ebay won’t give refund

You did not prove delivery to seller and even if you were covered ebay would only refund amount you paid initially not return cost nor would they compel seller to

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Ebay won’t give refund

Yes, tracking available in the U.S., not in China to prove delivery. That option is only available to certain countries, you have to prove actual online delivery, not that the item was shipped. 

The international shipping services for which free online tracking is available include:

• First-Class Package International Service
  • Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes
  • Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Boxes

The free online tracking feature is available for these items sent to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, Great Britain, Germany, France, Netherlands, Croatia, Denmark, Spain, Switzerland, Israel and Brazil.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Ebay won’t give refund

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Ebay won’t give refund

There are quite a few more countries that have delivery confirmation for first class and the 2 Priority options that you mentioned.

https://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc2_022.him

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Ebay won’t give refund

@doxtama wrote:

I had purchased an item that wasn’t as described so I asked to return the item. The item was from China and the seller agreed for me to return the item and will pay the return shipping once they receive it since they can’t create return labels. I used USPS First Class International shipping not knowing it would not provide delivery confirmation in China. I assumed it would because it did for other countries in my experience. A few weeks had pass and the seller asked Ebay to step in and Ebay closed my case and decided that I would not recieve a refund. So I lost an extra $20+. I did try to apeal stating that the package successfully left the US and will take time to reach the destination since it’s international (at this time I hadn’t known it would not provide delivery confirmation) I also mentioned that I am losing more money for this and they still decided on not giving me a refund. Is there anything else I can do? I wish either USPS or Ebay would give a warning that delivery confirmation would not be provided. 

Seller is not obligated to refund shipping when you pay for return shipping.  They are supposed to send you money to cover shipping before you send it back, if they want the item back.  To win a case, you needed to have tracking showing delivery confirmation.  Knowing how these things work before you take action would have helped you win this case.  You can come to any of the Boards if you have questions before you take action so you don't end up in this situation.  

You might want to talk to your credit card company, and adjust your buying habits accordingly.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Ebay won’t give refund

@doxtama wrote:

I did provide an online tracking number, the last thing it says is that it left usps international distribution center in NY.

Tracking number needs to show delivery.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply