cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost item - issues with USPS - non registered user

Hello,

I have had an odd issue occur when purchasing a watch.  I was notified it was delivered but could not find it at the central mailbox location our neighborhood uses.  I attempted to contact the seller to ask for some assistance.  When clicking on the username it said he was no longer a registered user.  I entered the tracking number at USPS which indicates it has been delivered.  I tried to enter a claim but I get the following: "This tracking number is not eligible for an inquiry, but is eligible for a postage refund".  Any suggestions?

Tim

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Some others here can also offer suggestions. You could open an item not received with eBay or USPS but don't know if that will get anywhere with seller no longer a registered user. I guess the money the seller got could be on hold from eBay if the seller didn't sell anything for a while. It depends how much the sale was. I have had some buyers and got "buyers are not registered users" and told not to mail stuff out. And that's the last I hear about it. You can try working with eBay and the Post Office.  As a last resort file a dispute online with the debit or credit card of your banking institution. It is so easy. Refund in less than 2 weeks. The credit card chargeback is good for months. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I was notified it was delivered

So it was tracked and Delivery has been Confirmed?

username it said he was no longer a registered user.

You can still open a Dispute-- although probably not a Not Received  (INR) one.

Still, tracking allows a Seller to prove delivery and it is unlikely that a NARU seller would be replying.

And if he shows Delivery, you lose the Dispute.

Personally in your position , I would call the credit card you used to pay with and enquire about a chargeback.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You can also contact your local USPS, and ask if the pkg was delivered to your house. They can pull it up with their gps and see that. If it wasnt delivered to you, get a statement to that effect and file an inr, including the statement to Ebay.Tho they wont tell you where it was delivered they can tell you that it wasnt delivered to you.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Call your local postmaster. 

most likely your package is in a parcel locker. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply