cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay not to be trusted

Ebay is allowing a certain seller to manipulate an item that I purchased and DID NOT receive.  I placed two separate orders from this seller 2 days apart.  The first one I placed was posted as being shipped 3/21, but without any kind of tracking.  The second one I placed was posted as being shipped the day after the first order was "shipped" 3/22 with a tracking number.  I never received the first order and requested a refund.  The seller added the tracking number from my second order to my first order and it now shows that I received the item.  I can't get ebay to look at my evidence that this tracking number is fraudulent.  I have also noticed that this seller has somehow been able to delete negative feedback which allows them to show a 100% positive feedback.  I have been taking screenshots of their profile for the last two days and the feedback disappears.  I even gave negative feedback that has disappeared.  I don't think I can trust ebay to protect me any longer.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: ebay not to be trusted

Google "eBay tracking number scam" and you will understand how your order says "delivered" according to the tracking number but how you still did not receive your item.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

That's why you should always pay with a credit card through PayPal. If eBay won't help, you go to PayPal and file a dispute.  If they won't help, then you go to your credit card and file a charge back. If you used PayPal, here is a number you can try 888-221-1161.

On the feedback. If you opened a case and the seller won, they can usually get the negative feedback removed, especially if you wrote something that violated eBay's policies or it was a TRS.

Google "eBay tracking number scam" and you will understand how your order says "delivered" according to the tracking number but how you still did not receive your item.

I wanted to add that I did get a refund from eBay, and in fact eBay should be the one doing the refunding since it is their loophole scammers are exploiting. I opened an eBay case and mentioned in my comment that I talked to a UPS representative that confirmed the "delivered" package destination did not match my home address.  When the seller did not respond in the allotted time, eBay returned my money.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

omg people these days. I had a problem with 3 sellers. they don't seem to get my messages on time. even 1 of the sellers been asking ebay about me when I did nothing wrong. been getting harassed by the seller as well. found out myself ebay cannot be trusted not too long ago. so many scammers on here. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I always use a credit card and PayPal.  After reading your advice I went to my PayPal account to see what they would do, and low and behold eBay changed their decision on closing my case.  They finally read my evidence and determined that I in fact never did receive the item and they have refunded my payment.  The funny thing is they suggested that I read a sellers feedback.  Well somehow this seller has been able to delete negative feedback so it shows that they have a 100% positive feedback.  How is someone supposed to determine a sellers integrity when they are able to manipulate and scam eBay?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

eBay's lax policies and inadequate money-back guarantee have enabled these scams. It's frustrating that sellers can take your money without delivering the merchandise. It is called tracking number scheme. The dishonest seller made a delivery to a wrong address with an empty box. No matter what you do, eBay is not going to give your money back. What a shame! Don't ever buy from eBay.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Not my case! I told eBay that I didn't receive my package, and Fedex told me the address is a wrong address. I even showed my house's front door is quite different than the house on Fedex, but eBay still denied to return my money.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Digging up a zombie thread from 2 yrs ago,,,,,,,     

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply