cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay Standard Envelope

Hey fellow ebay sellers, will we be able to use the "ebay Standard Envelope" to ship other things like Event Ticket Stubs, Sports Patches, Pins, Photographs or Postcards and stuff like that.  Stuff that is just an ounce or so and are inexpensive.   If they will not allow this I will be increasing my minimum shipping charge from $3.50 to $4.00.

Message 1 of 179
latest reply
178 REPLIES 178

Re: ebay Standard Envelope

I sold a trading card using this shipping method but it doesn’t even show up as an option when I go to print my label. If I have to use first class shipping I end up losing money.. has anyone else had this problem and resolved it? 

Message 61 of 179
latest reply

Access to the new shipping option is only available for cards that are listed in the sports card category. It won't be available if you listed elsewhere such as in Collectibles or in Toys & hobbies.

Message 62 of 179
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Access to the new shipping option is only available for cards that are listed in the sports card category. It won't be available if you listed elsewhere such as in Collectibles or in Toys & hobbies.

I have been shipping cards from other categories, including collectables> non-sport trading cards> singles  with no issues, neither at listing nor shipping.

Message 63 of 179
latest reply

Just a heads up if you cross promote items (2 categories) it may not allow you to ship with the option even if it was allowed to list that way.   I listed a few items in Non Sport and in Comics (Cross promote), and it caused the "items in this category" error-

Message 64 of 179
latest reply

Hi,

Has anyone used these envelopes with eBay Standard Envelope? Do they fit within the requirements?

6" x 8" RIGID PHOTO MAILERS ENVELOPES FLAT DOCUMENT SELF SEAL 6"x8" 100 to 2000 | eBay

Thanks

Peter

Message 65 of 179
latest reply

Why do you think that the new trading card shipping applies to only sports cards?  I have read and reread the announcements and it refers to Trading Cards, not Sports Trading Cards.

I have not been able to use this new service with my trading cards, maybe because they are not sports cards.  I just don't know.  I would  think that eBay would make if clear if this applies to only sports cards.  

Message 66 of 179
latest reply

@traderbob444 wrote:

Why do you think that the new trading card shipping applies to only sports cards?  I have read and reread the announcements and it refers to Trading Cards, not Sports Trading Cards.

I have not been able to use this new service with my trading cards, maybe because they are not sports cards.  I just don't know.  I would  think that eBay would make if clear if this applies to only sports cards.  

@traderbob444  You need to use a supported category such as something like this>

collectibles> non-sport trading cards> singles 

OR this   Collectibles > Non-Sport Trading Cards > Trading Card Lots

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 67 of 179
latest reply

Duh  on me.

I just realized that I am having a problem because some of my listings are for playing cards, not mentioning "trading cards" in the title.   I sell lots of small pinup trading and playing cards lots, so I just wrongly assumed that eBay would treat them as the same.  Wrong.  

Hopefully, they will adjust this program to add playing cards.

Thanks for the responses.

Message 68 of 179
latest reply

Thank you for your response.  I realized my mistake just before getting your reply.   You provided helpful information.

Bob Hill

Message 69 of 179
latest reply

@traderbob444 wrote:

Duh  on me.

I just realized that I am having a problem because some of my listings are for playing cards, not mentioning "trading cards" in the title.   I sell lots of small pinup trading and playing cards lots, so I just wrongly assumed that eBay would treat them as the same.  Wrong.  

Hopefully, they will adjust this program to add playing cards.

Thanks for the responses.

@traderbob444   It isn't just about title.... you have to use the correct CATEGORY

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 70 of 179
latest reply

Well I hope they do.I sell model car wiring and it can be, and I do ship in plain envelopes trying to be decent, AND GIVE MY CUSTOMERS A BREAK ON $$.BUT....that is the one thing buyers say they don't get, and the least thing they leave feedback for out of all the hundreds of items I put tracking on...i know its a risk and do accept the fact that a lot  people are not honest but the sale/cost is worth doing it.I can beat my competition on pricing.If the tracking will be available that will be a BIG BLESSING but then everyone will do it and there goes my edge ..oh well..

Message 71 of 179
latest reply

Can someone inform us if the tracking on these will show delivered? From what I read the mailman can't scan. So how are they able to show delivered?

Message 72 of 179
latest reply

I agree, I use bubble envelope for all my high end cards. Makes zero since to send in envelope. 

Message 73 of 179
latest reply

@soccerfanatic7777 

No Idea how they intend to show delivered.  I guess once the item is in the normal mail flow, like Informed Delivery shows, then it is assumed to be delivered.

What appears unique is that eBay is self insuring these shipments.  See these parts of the latest update of this program.  So no, gps coordinates to prove "delivery" just whatever is generated internally as 'delivered' appears good enough.  But as a seller you are covered.

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 11.07.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 11.10.02 AM.png

So I guess buyers are out if the "tracking" shows delivered?  Either that or buyers get a refund and the seller is protected by the "insurance" for lost items?

Seems a few details need to be worked out?

Message 74 of 179
latest reply

@mintmarvel wrote:

I agree, I use bubble envelope for all my high end cards. Makes zero since to send in envelope. 

Seeing as how this is for $20 or less, nobody would be using it for high end cards. Makes sense to me.

Message 75 of 179
latest reply