cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay not recognizing "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" as delivered.

In many places such as apartment buildings with concierge/doorman, townhouse complexes with a management office, freight forwarders, buildings with mailrooms, etc USPS will deliver to the building's mail "agent" and this has always registered a "delivered" status on the eBay orders page.

That is it used to until about 2-1/2 months ago. Now those orders are stuck as "shipped" as the system is not recognizing that packages were delivered. When you click the tracking pop-up it's stuck at "it's on its way to the buyer" and "was scheduled" for delivery on X date.

I've reported the issue multiple times, but I'm wondering if others here are seeing the same problem?

Hey devon@ebay - can you get the shipping and/or seller hub teams working on this? If you need order numbers or screenshots to reference I can send an e-mail.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 268
latest reply
267 REPLIES 267

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@09scheff wrote:

I'm having the same issue. 

Tracking # 9400108205497423838887

Buyer's address is freight forwarder in New Castle,De

USPS tracking says Delivered to agent for final delivery

Talked to USPS and they said that the package has been delivered on their end and has been given to 3rd party forwarder to deliver to buyer

Ebay not updating delivered status. 

@09scheff I just noticed something maybe relevant - when I Google that tracking number, Google also doesn't show it delivered on the search result page, but if you click through to the USPS site it does.

2022-12-20_11-17-26.jpg

2022-12-20_11-17-42.jpg

So maybe there's an issue with the API or whatever method is being used to connect to USPS that is not showing the delivery scan update status to third parties like Google and eBay for some packages?

@wastingtime101  devon@ebay 

@valueaddedresource Thank you for digging and sharing this! I will let the Shipping Team know what you discovered on this issue.

Devon,
eBay
Message 16 of 268
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@valueaddedresource Thank you for digging and sharing this! I will let the Shipping Team know what you discovered on this issue.

You're welcome devon@ebay !

Digging in a little more, it looks like the example from @glgenterprise does show delivered in both Google search and on USPS.

2022-12-20_12-20-31.jpg

2022-12-20_12-20-41.jpg

But the example from @ebooksdiva only shows delivered on USPS, not in Google Search.

2022-12-20_12-21-09.jpg

2022-12-20_12-21-21.jpg

That would seem to back up what @wastingtime101 is saying about it being specific to the "delivered to agent for final delivery" status.

My guess is maybe USPS changed some taxonomy or something on the backend, possibly breaking the mapping that would tell 3rd parties to display that status as "delivered."

Message 17 of 268
latest reply

It's a good theory, but in trying to verify that line of thought I came up with conflicting data.

I looked at some "delivered to agent" packages that were delivered prior to October and they display the same on Google - no delivery update - yet eBay recognizes the delivery status.

In any event, it's good to get that info to the shipping team in case it's relevant. I don't have enough data on my end to pinpoint or rule out anything right now. All I know is the change occurred in October and it's still a problem.

Never happy to see others facing problems, but at the same time all these examples others brought up are good info to support the need for eBay to fix this.

Thanks again Devon for escalating this.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 18 of 268
latest reply

Also post offices in the state of Lousiana particularly Denham Springs and Baton Rouge( distribution hub) are not scanning packages I ship to buyers. Those packages don't receive any scans until they are being delivered. Complaining does nothing.  

Because of this I will see numerous defects for labels not being validated. 

@ebooksdiva 

Do you take to local post office and get the original scan? Any scans after that would NOT have any effect on your 'defects'. 

Message 19 of 268
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

Also post offices in the state of Lousiana particularly Denham Springs and Baton Rouge( distribution hub) are not scanning packages I ship to buyers. Those packages don't receive any scans until they are being delivered. Complaining does nothing.  

@ebooksdiva 

Do you take to local post office and get the original scan? Any scans after that would NOT have any effect on your 'defects'. 

Scheduled pick up. 

Message 20 of 268
latest reply

@glgenterprise wrote:

I know it's not exactly the same, but it is enough similar to the issue that I believe it is worth adding to the list. And it does not show "delivered, left with individual" - never does the word delivered show on the eBay side of tracking. Last entry shows "dispatched by US carrier" on eBay. When I take the tracking number directly to USPS it shows "delivered, left with individual", but we all know eBay will only recognize what shows on their own tracking records.

It was not a ESUS number and I only use eBay Global Shipping for international shipments, and I do not have eBay international standard on any of my listings. I've attempted to track it - there is no system I can find online anywhere that recognizes the number that was input. 

I consider it an additional problem that a number was added by some other service that I did not authorize.

@glgenterprise - I agree this sounds like a different issue.

eBay is moving sellers over to their new international shipping program that is replacing GSP and I know they have said the new program is using a facility in the Chicago area, so your tracking showing delivery in Carol Stream, IL would fit that scenario.

I have not used the new program yet, but I know with GSP previously, your USPS tracking would show up to the point of delivery at the facility in KY and the tracking within eBay's system would show "Arrived at the Global Shipping Center - Delivered" then "Shipped from the Global Shipping Center to International Destination" and then finally "Delivered" at the buyer's international location sometime after that.

The shipping record on eBay would also show the original domestic tracking from the seller and then whatever international tracking from the GSP hub to the buyer as well as some kind of Global ID number that I think may have been an internal reference of some kind that you likely wouldn't find anything for when Googling.

From everything you are describing, it sounds like your order likely was through the new international shipping program, arrived at the eBay hub, has been sent on to the buyer, and will likely show a status of "delivered" in eBay once final delivery to buyer in their country is completed.

That would be a very different scenario than what @wastingtime101 is describing because, according to eBay, with GSP or the new program, the final delivery destination is the buyer's address in another country whereas if it is a 3rd party freight forwarder, the final destination is the domestic US freight forwarder address.

Message 21 of 268
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

It's a good theory, but in trying to verify that line of thought I came up with conflicting data.

I looked at some "delivered to agent" packages that were delivered prior to October and they display the same on Google - no delivery update - yet eBay recognizes the delivery status.

In any event, it's good to get that info to the shipping team in case it's relevant. I don't have enough data on my end to pinpoint or rule out anything right now. All I know is the change occurred in October and it's still a problem.

Never happy to see others facing problems, but at the same time all these examples others brought up are good info to support the need for eBay to fix this.

Thanks again Devon for escalating this.

@wastingtime101  darn, I was hoping that would be it.  🤔  Oh well, maybe it will be something to point them in the right direction any way.

Maybe eBay "freezes" the status after delivery (so if it was working prior to October, it still shows delivered when you look now) and Google is real time trying to fetch the data any time a search is done, so a search today is unable to pull the "delivered" status even if maybe it would have shown that status prior to October?

Message 22 of 268
latest reply

Maybe eBay "freezes" the status after delivery (so if it was working prior to October, it still shows delivered when you look now) and Google is real time trying to fetch the data any time a search is done, so a search today is unable to pull the "delivered" status even if maybe it would have shown that status prior to October?

Even though they may freeze the status on the orders page, they do not freeze the tracking pop-up which is also part of the issue. The tracking pop-up works the same as Google where they pull info from USPS each time you click on the tracking number.

With these delivered to agent packages, the tracking pop-up on orders prior to this issue accurately show "delivered" while orders after this issue started show "it's on its way to the buyer" and "was scheduled" for delivery on X date.

Sorry but I don't want to do the work of creating screenshots and redacting sensitive data so hopefully the text is enough to explain the issue.

Basically, the issue extends to the tracking pop-ups which pull data as you request it.

From what I can see this appears to be an issue with eBay's programming. @valueaddedresource.

GLORIOUS!

Message 23 of 268
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Even though they may freeze the status on the orders page, they do not freeze the tracking pop-up which is also part of the issue. The tracking pop-up works the same as Google where they pull info from USPS each time you click on the tracking number.

With these delivered to agent packages, the tracking pop-up on orders prior to this issue accurately show "delivered" while orders after this issue started show "it's on its way to the buyer" and "was scheduled" for delivery on X date.

Sorry but I don't want to do the work of creating screenshots and redacting sensitive data so hopefully the text is enough to explain the issue.

Basically, the issue extends to the tracking pop-ups which pull data as you request it.

From what I can see this appears to be an issue with eBay's programming. @valueaddedresource.

@wastingtime101 gotcha - that makes sense....or at least your description of it does, not the problem of it not showing delivery. 😊

Message 24 of 268
latest reply

Items that say delivered to agent for final delivery shouldn't always be considered delivered to the buyer.

I recently bought something that said delivered to agent for final delivery. This happened a few times and in each case it was simply delivered to the post office for the postal carrier to make the final delivery to my home the next business day. 

If my items had been considered delivered to me because they said delivered to agent for final delivery; that would have been incorrect and if I contacted eBay about it I would be told I got them when they had never even been out for delivery to me yet, which would cause me trouble if for some reason the items never arrived and I needed to open an INR case. 

Message 25 of 268
latest reply

Here is one more I had.  9449008205497328531687.  Positive feedback was left so he got it. 

Message 26 of 268
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

@ebooksdiva 

Scheduled pick up. 

Validation can be done at any time so once they are scanned for delivery, their status on the uploaded tracking chart should change to validated.  However, not being scanned at all until delivery could affect your late delivery stats if the package is delivered after the estimated delivery date.

Message 27 of 268
latest reply

Thank you for the advice!

Hi, devon@ebay.  I am currently dealing with this issue mentioned in this thread, except that the buyer opened an Item Not Received case after the tracking said "item delivered to agent for final delivery".  They're trying to claim it was never shipped. USPS site states that the item was delivered successfully, despite eBay's not updating. The tracking number is 9400108205497430075466.

With eBay no longer stating that packages with that message are delivered, even though they are, I just hope that I can still win the case despite this change in eBay's system. 

Message 28 of 268
latest reply

devon@ebay.com

I have the exact situation as @valueaddedresource 

eBay and Google tracking shows in transit (description Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery)

if you need the tracking, please feel free to ask. Thanks for working on this.

Message 29 of 268
latest reply

devon@ebay I just lost an item not received case due to this error. This needs to be fixed ASAP. I appealed the case, if you need the case number or tracking please let me know.

Message 30 of 268
latest reply