cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay not recognizing "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" as delivered.

In many places such as apartment buildings with concierge/doorman, townhouse complexes with a management office, freight forwarders, buildings with mailrooms, etc USPS will deliver to the building's mail "agent" and this has always registered a "delivered" status on the eBay orders page.

That is it used to until about 2-1/2 months ago. Now those orders are stuck as "shipped" as the system is not recognizing that packages were delivered. When you click the tracking pop-up it's stuck at "it's on its way to the buyer" and "was scheduled" for delivery on X date.

I've reported the issue multiple times, but I'm wondering if others here are seeing the same problem?

Hey devon@ebay - can you get the shipping and/or seller hub teams working on this? If you need order numbers or screenshots to reference I can send an e-mail.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 268
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay not recognizing "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" as delivered.

Hi all! I wanted to share the latest update that I have heard back from our Policy team on this. They had the following to share:

“eBay policy has been updated to consider “Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery,” as delivered.”

Update:

Just wanted to come in to clarify that the actual tracking status will be changed to "Delivered" 

Devon,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 84 of 268
latest reply
267 REPLIES 267

@wastingtime101 wrote:

In many places such as apartment buildings with concierge/doorman, townhouse complexes with a management office, freight forwarders, buildings with mailrooms, etc USPS will deliver to the building's mail "agent" and this has always registered a "delivered" status on the eBay orders page.

That is it used to until about 2-1/2 months ago. Now those orders are stuck as "shipped" as the system is not recognizing that packages were delivered. When you click the tracking pop-up it's stuck at "it's on its way to the buyer" and "was scheduled" for delivery on X date.

I've reported the issue multiple times, but I'm wondering if others here are seeing the same problem?

Hey devon@ebay - can you get the shipping and/or seller hub teams working on this? If you need order numbers or screenshots to reference I can send an e-mail.

Hery @wastingtime101! Thank you for letting me know about this. I will reach out to our Shipping Team and let them know. If they are needing those examples I will be sure to reach back out and ask! 

Devon,
eBay
Message 2 of 268
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@wastingtime101 Do you have examples of tracking numbers that I can pass along to the Shipping Team?

Devon,
eBay
Message 3 of 268
latest reply

I'm not the original poster of this, but here is an example of one of mine that was shipped to a forwarding facility (I can message you the order number with the address details if you'd like - it was quite obviously a forwarding center from the address). It still shows as "shipped" - even with a forwarding tracking number (a weird one that I cannot find a way to track at all) attached.

My buyer has not said anything about not getting the package, but if I enter the tracking number directly into USPS and that tracking says "left with an individual at the address".

Tracking number: 9449008205497320396857

Message 4 of 268
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Also used by a freight forward to scam sellers out of item and money as well.

It is a problem. Has been reported before and so far nothing done with this.

Message 5 of 268
latest reply

@glgenterprise wrote:

I'm not the original poster of this, but here is an example of one of mine that was shipped to a forwarding facility (I can message you the order number with the address details if you'd like - it was quite obviously a forwarding center from the address). It still shows as "shipped" - even with a forwarding tracking number (a weird one that I cannot find a way to track at all) attached.

My buyer has not said anything about not getting the package, but if I enter the tracking number directly into USPS and that tracking says "left with an individual at the address".

@glgenterprise Thank you for sharing this example and I will make sure to have this shared with the Shipping Team. If they have more questions or need any more information I will reach back out! 

Devon,
eBay
Message 6 of 268
latest reply

I e-mailed a few examples devon@ebay - thanks!

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 268
latest reply

Hi! Just wanted to say that I am currently dealing with this issue. A new buyer opened an Item Not Received case after the tracking said "item delivered to agent for final delivery". They claim the item was never sent, which is easily debunkable, so I'm pretty sure they're just trying to pull a fast one because the tracking says that. With eBay no longer stating that packages with that message are delivered, even though they are, I just hope that I can still win the case despite this change in eBay's system. 

Message 8 of 268
latest reply

Hey @beauty_by_soleil - can you provide a tracking number for devon@ebay to add to his report with the shipping team?

For your INR claim, first add tracking. Then add a message to the claim that says package was delivered to the buyer (or the buyer's freight forwarder) on X date per USPS tracking.

Then go to eBay customer service channels on social media. They're US-based reps and you should have an easier time explaining the situation to them than an overseas rep that may be new and unfamiliar with USPS tracking.

You should also send a message to the buyer and explain that the item was delivered on X date to them (or to their freight forwarder if applicable), and they will need to speak with their building's mail agent (or contact their freight forwarder for international tracking information if buyer used a FF). If buyer used a FF, let them know any claims of non-receipt should be addressed with their forwarder.

You should be covered here, but because of this eBay tech issue, you may have to sacrifice time and effort to make sure things are ruled in your favor in accordance with eBay policy.

People running into this should contact CS and report the issue.

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 268
latest reply

@glgenterprise wrote:

Your case sounds different @glgenterprise - like perhaps you used eBay International Shipping service or possibly eBay International Standard Delivery? You said you have visibility to a forwarded tracking number which would only happen if you used one of these eBay services. You would not see the international tracking if your buyer used a third party forwarder. Is it an ESUS number on your order? If so then you might not see a delivered status until the ESUS number confirms international delivery. You can track those packages here: https://parcelsapp.com/en/carriers/easyship

I'm not having any problems with "delivered, left with individual" showing a delivered status on eBay as you're describing. The problem is with orders "delivered to agent for final delivery."

FYI devon@ebay the tracking number (above) you sent yesterday might not be a relevant example of "delivered to agent for final delivery" and hopefully the shipping team does not dismiss this problem if they're viewing that transaction.

I e-mailed a few examples from October and December that should be enough to support this issue, and also included an example from before this problem started where these orders used to show a delivered status on eBay.

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 268
latest reply

devon@ebay 

I'm having the same issue

Also post offices in the state of Lousiana particularly Denham Springs and Baton Rouge( distribution hub) are not scanning packages I ship to buyers. Those packages don't receive any scans until they are being delivered. Complaining does nothing.  

Because of this I will see numerous defects for labels not being validated. 

Message 11 of 268
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

devon@ebay 

I'm having the same issue

Also post offices in the state of Lousiana particularly Denham Springs and Baton Rouge( distribution hub) are not scanning packages I ship to buyers. Those packages don't receive any scans until they are being delivered. Complaining does nothing.  

Because of this I will see numerous defects for labels not being validated. 

Hey @ebooksdiva! Thank you for sharing this example and I will have this sent over to the Shipping Team.

Devon,
eBay
Message 12 of 268
latest reply

I know it's not exactly the same, but it is enough similar to the issue that I believe it is worth adding to the list. And it does not show "delivered, left with individual" - never does the word delivered show on the eBay side of tracking. Last entry shows "dispatched by US carrier" on eBay. When I take the tracking number directly to USPS it shows "delivered, left with individual", but we all know eBay will only recognize what shows on their own tracking records.

It was not a ESUS number and I only use eBay Global Shipping for international shipments, and I do not have eBay international standard on any of my listings. I've attempted to track it - there is no system I can find online anywhere that recognizes the number that was input. 

I consider it an additional problem that a number was added by some other service that I did not authorize.

Message 13 of 268
latest reply

I'm having the same issue. 

Tracking # 9400108205497423838887

Buyer's address is freight forwarder in New Castle,De

USPS tracking says Delivered to agent for final delivery

Talked to USPS and they said that the package has been delivered on their end and has been given to 3rd party forwarder to deliver to buyer

Ebay not updating delivered status. 

Message 14 of 268
latest reply

@09scheff wrote:

I'm having the same issue. 

Tracking # 9400108205497423838887

Buyer's address is freight forwarder in New Castle,De

USPS tracking says Delivered to agent for final delivery

Talked to USPS and they said that the package has been delivered on their end and has been given to 3rd party forwarder to deliver to buyer

Ebay not updating delivered status. 

@09scheff I just noticed something maybe relevant - when I Google that tracking number, Google also doesn't show it delivered on the search result page, but if you click through to the USPS site it does.

2022-12-20_11-17-26.jpg

2022-12-20_11-17-42.jpg

So maybe there's an issue with the API or whatever method is being used to connect to USPS that is not showing the delivery scan update status to third parties like Google and eBay for some packages?

@wastingtime101  devon@ebay 

Message 15 of 268
latest reply