cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay not recognizing "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" as delivered.

In many places such as apartment buildings with concierge/doorman, townhouse complexes with a management office, freight forwarders, buildings with mailrooms, etc USPS will deliver to the building's mail "agent" and this has always registered a "delivered" status on the eBay orders page.

That is it used to until about 2-1/2 months ago. Now those orders are stuck as "shipped" as the system is not recognizing that packages were delivered. When you click the tracking pop-up it's stuck at "it's on its way to the buyer" and "was scheduled" for delivery on X date.

I've reported the issue multiple times, but I'm wondering if others here are seeing the same problem?

Hey devon@ebay - can you get the shipping and/or seller hub teams working on this? If you need order numbers or screenshots to reference I can send an e-mail.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 268
latest reply
267 REPLIES 267

devon@ebay - I've had 2 similar cases in the past month. Neither have opened cases against me yet, but reading the messages on here has me concerned. Both are marked as "delivered to agent for final delivery", but otherwise appear undelivered in ebay's system. This is ripe for fraud, imo. Here's the tracking info for each:

Sent to Sarasota, FL, delivered to agent Dec 18th - 9505510942272349039810

Sent to New Castle, DE, delivered to agent on Nov 21st - 9505510942272323027741 

Message 31 of 268
latest reply

I just discovered another one: USPS tracking number 9400108205497401419459.  No feedback left on this one.  Please fix this.

Message 32 of 268
latest reply

devon@ebay - I am also experiencing this issue, please review the details below.

mailed to Spotswood, NJ  -->  USPS Tracking # 9449008205497465758350  -->  "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" on 12/23/22 --> as of 12/28/22, on eBay, funds are still "On Hold" and package still shows as "Shipped"

Message 33 of 268
latest reply

devon@ebay I believe the issue is actually that the addresses provided by the buyer for these sales are not truly verified addresses because the extra information needed by these agents to get the item to their customers is information that can't be verified by USPS. Such as a mailbox company - USPS doesn't have access to those individual mailboxes inside the business. So the address line for these situations should only have the information for USPS to get it to the business in question.

I've had 2 of these sales this past month, both with the "Delivered to agent for finial delivery" status.

As a side note, my child's college made a related change to how they want mail addressed to the students at college this past summer. They had used a "CM #xxxx" after the street address to note which college mailbox to place the item in. Now, only the street address is used and on the above line for the addressee, they require a middle initial to internally direct the item to the correct student. Every time I had gone to my local USPS office to send a package to the college, the clerk would enter in the street address for it and then tell me that they couldn't find that CM#, so the tracking would only go towards the street address. In other words, the address with the extra information wasn't a valid address with USPS.

Simply, I believe eBay should not be allowing these addresses as they stand to be verified ones - they are not with the added information. USPS has delivered these items to main part of the address on the packages, but since there is more information on the labels on the street address line, they are stuck too.

If my local USPS clerks can tell me that the address isn't valid because of the extra box # information, then eBay should be able to tell the buyer to put that information in the addressee line, not the address line. If it truly is an apartment number, then USPS has access to that information and those boxes.

As a side note, I tried using the chat feature a few weeks ago to discuss this issue, but the chat was disconnected by the eBay person after I stated the issue.

Message 34 of 268
latest reply

I am currently dealing with a similar issue -Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery.

I sold an iPhone 13 Pro Max on 12/08/22 and shipped it out the same day via USPS Priority Mail.

According to EBay, the Buyer’s location is Ukraine; however, the shipping address given was in New Castle, DE 19720.

The USPS tracking number (9405508205497413482321) updated throughout the delivery process and on 12/12/22 updated as followed: 

Delivered to Agent

Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery

NEW CASTLE, DE 19720 

December 12, 2022, 5:19 pm

On 01/02/23, the Buyer opened a claim requesting a refund and stated, “Hello! The delivery time has long ended, but the package is still on the way.”

According to my research, the address I mailed the package to is a third-party courier service. I know the issue isn’t with anything I did and I don’t believe the issue is with anything USPS did, rather (A) the third-party courier service not doing their job or (B) the Buyer attempting to scam me. Regardless, according to eBay’s Money Back Guarantee Policy for the Buyer, it states (https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Exclusions and special coverage when the buyer doesn't receive an item
Items collected by a third party on behalf of the buyer - Not covered
The buyer arranged their own shipping method, such as a courier pickup - Not covered

Therefore, I don’t believe I should have to refund the Buyer. I plan to contact eBay and USPS later today, but am interested to see how this all plays out. It’s unfortunate this is happening to me, but from this message board, I can see it’s happening to a lot of us. 

Message 35 of 268
latest reply

Not sure if this belongs here but I seem to be having a similar issue with tracking # 9405508205496276231503.  USPS tracking data says on December 13 at 3:14 pm that the item was ‘delivered to agent for final delivery’.  But the latest update later on December 13 at 7:01 pm says ‘delivery attempt’ and ‘We were unable to deliver your package at 7:01 pm on December 13, 2022 in MIAMI, FL 33172 because the business was closed. We will redeliver on the next business day. No action needed.’

gort210_1-1672775341509.png

The buyer just opened and won a case against me and eBay deducted funds from my account and issued a refund.  Ebay said they didn’t receive valid proof of delivery showing the item was delivered to the address even though it says ‘Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery’.  I googled the address (1345 nw 98th ct unit 2, mr cargo box 33172-3049 Doral, FL) and it appears to be a freight forwarder?  This is the first time I’ve come across this issue but I have been reading with issues dealing with freight forwarders.

Message 36 of 268
latest reply

I just lost a high value case due to this too!! I tried to appeal this case but I was told by the eBay rep that it could not be appealed since it was never delivered when it clearly shows "DELIVERED TO AGENT FOR FINAL DELIVERY" on the USPS website. This item went to the reshipper facility in New Castle, Delaware. (92001950999713132285004348) Is there anything else that can be done about this?? 

Message 37 of 268
latest reply

I have the same issue,please fix this.

Tracking number RF107109019AM

Message 38 of 268
latest reply

Several new tracking numbers posted above by more sellers losing claims because of this devon@ebay. Will you please ask the shipping team if they're working to fix this or for some kind of response? Thanks!

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 39 of 268
latest reply

I have the same issue shipping to New Castle, DE.. I see a lot of these complaints coming from this exact same location. This seems to be clearly a scam that eBay needs to handle quickly. Buyer notified me today that "Product is Super Late. Please do something". When I checked into the tracking I received the same, "Delivered to agent for final delivery" status on Dec. 15th. When I responded to the buyer, he stated, "I have to ask for return of money" Tracking Number: 9400108205497422991842

Message 40 of 268
latest reply

After messaging the buyer again and asking them what courier they used, they told me that they use USA2GEORGIA. Now that I have proof in our messages that they did use a courier and my part in the delivery process is done, I should win this case I hope. Our part, as sellers using USPS, should be considered complete when USPS delivers to the address that we are given. I hope this helps and good luck to you all.

Message 41 of 268
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Several new tracking numbers posted above by more sellers losing claims because of this devon@ebay. Will you please ask the shipping team if they're working to fix this or for some kind of response? Thanks!

Hey @wastingtime101! I can touch base with the Shipping Team so see what they may be working on for this issue!

Devon,
eBay
Message 42 of 268
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hey @wastingtime101! I can touch base with the Shipping Team so see what they may be working on for this issue!

devon@ebay appreciate the follow up with the shipping team as far as ultimately getting the issue fixed, but based on the reports here it would seem it might also be appropriate to follow up with customer service teams and/or get a customer service ticket opened (if there isn't one already) to help those who are impacted with appealing cases against them.

These sellers should have protection on these cases (unless policies have changed) but some of them are not receiving it because support isn't aware of the issue and is only looking at what the tracking shows within eBay.

Message 43 of 268
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

These sellers should have protection on these cases (unless policies have changed) but some of them are not receiving it because support isn't aware of the issue and is only looking at what the tracking shows within eBay.

The first time I reported this to CS in October, the rep told me there was no issue and the package was not delivered because it was waiting for final delivery by the agent. The big green check mark and delivered status on the USPS site didn't convince the rep that USPS did their job.

I spent an hour going through tracking on my orders one-by-one until I found another package delivered before the issue started where eBay acknowledged "delivered" status so I could send the screenshot and "prove" to CS this is a real technical issue. That resulted in acknowledgement and filing a ticket with the tech team.

GLORIOUS!

Message 44 of 268
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@valueaddedresource wrote:

The first time I reported this to CS in October, the rep told me there was no issue and the package was not delivered because it was waiting for final delivery by the agent. The big green check mark and delivered status on the USPS site didn't convince the rep that USPS did their job.

I spent an hour going through tracking on my orders one-by-one until I found another package delivered before the issue started where eBay acknowledged "delivered" status so I could send the screenshot and "prove" to CS this is a real technical issue. That resulted in acknowledgement and filing a ticket with the tech team.

Hey @wastingtime101! The Shipping Team reached out and they wanting to ask you the following:

"What is the tracking number is that was provided CS where they said it was showing correct scans before the issue started?"

Devon,
eBay
Message 45 of 268
latest reply