cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay international shipping hub for selling small dollar postcards

I sell vintage postcards.

Recently I started offering them to international buyers.

I only need to send my postcard sales via 1st class letter, and I dont think the ebay shipping hub has that as a choice. I had a buyer from Italy.  Ebay international shipping hub charged me $16.50 for shipping. I dont know if it was because the card sold for more than $20, and ebay standard envelope could not be used, or not. 

Recently several international buyers  bought cards for $3.50 and I mailed them in an envelope with a 1st class letter international forever stamp for $3.55 but there is no tracking.

Does anyone know if I opt out of the International Hub if eBay would let me print an International First class label?

Thank you for your time,

Mary

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: eBay international shipping hub for selling small dollar postcards

Your listings do not show that you are using eBay International Shipping.  They show that you are  shipping your postcards as a first class international letter(a flat)   The reason that you paid so much is that you printed a label for a package with tracking that you would be sending directly, not to the hub.  You  can’t print labels on eBay for flats, you have to use stamps. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

When you are using EIS you are charged for the domestic part of the shipping.  So if you are using eBay standard envelope, you would pay for that and the buyer would pay for the international portion.  I checked a few postcard listings and many are sending their postcards directly  using stamps but I did see some who are using the EIS.   The postage cost for a postcard to a buyer in the UK using EIS varies from about $11-16 but the seller does have more seller protection.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I offer a small number of postcards in my inventory.

I use EIS

I sell postcards to International Buyers who are willing to pay the price of tracked shipping.

I do not sell any postcards which sell for under $8.

I do not mind the low level of international sales, but am pleased when I make an international sale of a postcard or a postcard lot. I know they have reached a motivated buyer who sees in them the reason I thought they were worth listing, and listing at the price I charged.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply