cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Standard Envelope - Tracking

eBay Standard Envelope - Tracking

I just started using eBay Standard Envelope, tried it out on 10 listings. Of the 10 envelopes I sent 3 do NOT show as being delivered ~ no tracking update after acceptance of envelope. I reached out to 1 buyer who said he received it and also got a complaint opened by another buyer claiming non-receipt.   

Was this bad luck on my part or is this the norm for that service? Looking for input form other sellers using this service as to whether to continue to use it and offer the service to buyers to help them save on shipping costs or just continue using 1st class mail for more efficient tracking information

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: eBay Standard Envelope - Tracking

There is no acceptance scan or tracking with this service. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@mrchow00007   i don't use that service, but here is the link for info if you need it>  https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-standard-envelope?id=...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I have used this service about 100 times with no issue and yes, tracking shows the same day mailed.  HOWEVER: This service no longer appears as an option when I am trying to list.  I sell low priced coins and it is difficult to sell a $1.50 coin when EBays cheapest shipping option is $3.65.  Any suggestions?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

This is the norm. I usually read the posts here all the time about the standard eBay envelope. eBay has the tracking input which might not show up on your end. And I think if you use the eBay standard envelope you are safe. I never use that service. I sell stamps and do tracking depending on the buyer feedback and repeat buyers....usually if item over $40.00 then I do certified mail...never had anything lost yet. I prefer to walk into the post office since it is near me.

I think eBay has to honor that buyer claiming non-receipt and it's not your fault. However, if the envelope you used was more than 1/4 inch thick and not bendable it might be lost in the mail. For the reason of the thickness  of my envelopes I prefer the clerk at the post office to check if it's too thick and they are able to do this for me. Post Office Machine might tear through an envelope if it is over 1/4 inch thick and not bendable which causes it to be missing in action.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Really? What's this?001a-ESE.png

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

No need for that info, it has already been studied. As stated, I'm asking others that have been using the service what their take / experience has been.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Appreciate the input, thank you. As for envelope size, I confirmed my purchase and usage of the envelopes is within the eBay standards for envelope acceptance in accordance with their policy.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@al_989668 wrote:

I have used this service about 100 times with no issue and yes, tracking shows the same day mailed.  HOWEVER: This service no longer appears as an option when I am trying to list.  I sell low priced coins and it is difficult to sell a $1.50 coin when EBays cheapest shipping option is $3.65.  Any suggestions?

@al_989668 Enter dimensions 11x6x1 or 11x6x0.25

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I have been using the ESE perhaps a dozen times in the past, with no issues, and no buyers claiming non-receipt.

If one of your buyers is claiming non-receipt, go to the eBay Standard Envelope site for instructions on how to file a claim.  You are insured for up to $20.00.

Since the ESE is metered mail, USPS treats it like ALL metered mail -- and sometimes that means no scan at the time of delivery.  (By the way, the final delivery scan only signifies that the ESE has arrived at the destination post office for the ZIP Code on the envelope -- it does NOT mean that it has been delivered to the buyer.)

I use this nearly entirely for inexpensive postage stamps and post cards -- items in which I have little or nothing invested -- so I won't be upset for a minor loss, since the maximum amount that can be shipped with the ESE is only $20.00.

Hope that helps.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply