cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doing the mail at night

Due to extra demands on me during the day I am finding myself still doing the mail until 9 at night, including printing labels. I got a warning from ebay about my Top Rated Seller status may be downgraded and the only parameter I see with an issue is tracking and validation on time. Was this due to printing labels at night and taking them the P.O. the next day? Should I pack but not print at night?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

doing the mail at night

Depends on your selected shipping/handling time.  If you have one-day shipping/handling, printing the labels for a day's sales and shipping those items the next day is fine.  To keep TRS status, you have to ship stuff when you say that you're going to ship stuff.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

doing the mail at night

If you are getting acceptance scans on or before your handling time you would be good.  If the post office is failing to scan before the shipment leaves the post office, that would be a problem and you would be taking hits on your "Tracking uploaded on time and validated".

The scan by the carrier has to happen within your handling time.

Posting ID
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

doing the mail at night

Is it possible you haven't sold a hundred items in the last calendar year? 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

doing the mail at night

You should increase your handling time if you have too many packages and very little time.  Oh by the way, your last negative was posted by a moron.  You can get that removed by emailing the buyer and asking to change it when you send them the feedback revision form.   There is a time limit for that . I believe it's about 45 to 60 days.  Or perhaps you can call ebay and ask them to remove it. It's an obvious mistake.    Do it if you have the time.   

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

doing the mail at night

@keziak wrote:

I got a warning from ebay about my Top Rated Seller status may be downgraded and the only parameter I see with an issue is tracking and validation on time. 

Contrary to what was said above @keziak , you do not need a scan within your handling time for the "tracking uploaded on time and validated" standard. What you do need is to:

1. Upload tracking on time, within your handling time and

2. Get a carrier scan at any point in the package's journey - doesn't matter if the only scan is the final delivery scan, as long as there's a scan.

If you go to your dashboard and expand the tracking standard it will show you which transactions were impacted. From there you can see if any errors were made with uploading tracking late, packages not getting scans, etc.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

doing the mail at night

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@keziak wrote:

I got a warning from ebay about my Top Rated Seller status may be downgraded and the only parameter I see with an issue is tracking and validation on time. 

Contrary to what was said above @keziak , you do not need a scan within your handling time for the "tracking uploaded on time and validated" standard. What you do need is to:

1. Upload tracking on time, within your handling time and

2. Get a carrier scan at any point in the package's journey - doesn't matter if the only scan is the final delivery scan, as long as there's a scan.

If you go to your dashboard and expand the tracking standard it will show you which transactions were impacted. From there you can see if any errors were made with uploading tracking late, packages not getting scans, etc.

This is true. I confused this with Late Shipment Rate. Not getting a scan within handling time counts as a late shipment though I think those are automatically removed if the shipment arrives on time. 

Posting ID
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

doing the mail at night

@lakefor94 wrote:

Not getting a scan within handling time counts as a late shipment though I think those are automatically removed if the shipment arrives on time. 

Correct. As long as the package arrives within the estimated delivery date window, OR if the buyer checks the arrived on time box when they leave FB, then you won't get hit on that late shipping seller performance standard.

Very easy to mix up the validated tracking and late shipment performance standards. 🙂

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

doing the mail at night

thanks. I don't read FB but I'll see what I can do.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

doing the mail at night

If that is the case I"m not sure what the problem is. For full disclosure, my mail from Amazon is so extreme that I'm not on top of ebay mail the way I should be (and would like to be). I already have ample handling time and too many people asking when I will ship, especially Thursday sales. I need to figure this out. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

doing the mail at night

What handling time are you using?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

doing the mail at night

I'm not sure why that would have any effect-- I print labels at night and take the packages to the PO the next day all the time. The caveat there is that I'm always shipping them within my handling time.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply