Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

country exclusion list for shipping is still broken

this is my fourth  month that my shipping exclusion list has not been working

I am happy to be in eIS but want to ship to all the countries

ebay has blocked many countries as you can see in my list

it says I have zero countries excluded yet the majority of them are blocked

I have talked to my concierge about ths and they will just say there is an open ticket for it

all of the other sellers who sell watches can ship to all countries but I am excluded

is anyone else having a problem shipping to all countries with eIS?

Screenshot (163).pngScreenshot (164).pngScreenshot (165).jpg

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@1tuna   Sorry you are having so much trouble with EIS.  I am sure you probably checked this but mentioning it for any others that may be having issues.... Did you check the exclusion settings in Account Settings?  Not just on the Business Policy?    I personally had some that were applied to all listings that carried over to EIS even though my Business Policies didn't exclude any locations and had to revise here>  

https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

If that's not the problem then I would recommend emailing the EIS shipping team.  

ebayinternationalshipping@ebay.com  ( eBay Community staff advised us to give out this email address, just mentioning that it's okay to share in case the mods think it's private info)  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@1tuna   Sorry you are having so much trouble with EIS.  I am sure you probably checked this but mentioning it for any others that may be having issues.... Did you check the exclusion settings in Account Settings?  Not just on the Business Policy?    I personally had some that were applied to all listings that carried over to EIS even though my Business Policies didn't exclude any locations and had to revise here>  

https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

If that's not the problem then I would recommend emailing the EIS shipping team.  

ebayinternationalshipping@ebay.com  ( eBay Community staff advised us to give out this email address, just mentioning that it's okay to share in case the mods think it's private info)  

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I am having exactly the same problem as @1tuna - I actually went into Business Policies and created all new shipping ones to make sure that none of them had any hidden country exclusions. Then I ported over all of my listings to the appropriate policies and it looked like all of them finally had the correct shipping (i.e., zero exclusions except for the short list that eBay won't ship to).

But when I go to create a new listing and put in one of my updated policies, the system is still pulling a number of country exclusions from somewhere. I'm positive it's not from my shipping policies. My guess is that somehow it is accessing the countries that I didn't ship to from way back when I set up my own rules, before eBay implemented any of its own international programs.

The big problem now is that I can't access my exclusions list anymore, other than from within the listings in my Business Policies page, so that is a dead end. If I try to get to it the old way through Shipping Preferences, I can see this:

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 11.32.25 PM.png 

...but when I hit the Edit button, all I get is this page:

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 11.32.35 PM.png

I can't actually get to the list. I ended up opting out of EIS last night (still in process) with the hopes that once I'm opted out I can actually get back into it and delete those 139 exclusions?? I will update here if that works.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I like you had those restrictions in my shipping setting and had to edit the # to "0" there.

What  I also had to click on was  "apply to current listings".

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Interesting! Are you talking about something within Business Policies, or in the Account Settings > Shipping Preferences section?

In Business Policies, I don't have see an option to "apply to current listings" - but if I edit a policy, it automatically updates all of my current listings that are using that policy. And I don't have the option to get into my shipping exclusion list via the Account Settings pathway anymore. Trying to edit them that way just takes me to a little blurb page (my second screenshot in my last post) and no list.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

So opting out of EIS did not give me back the ability to access the shipping exclusions page through Account Settings. I guess my next step is to email the EIS team. The one thing that I haven't tried is to completely opt out of Business Policies to see if that would work. I hope that isn't the solution because I really don't want to have to recreate all of my policies.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@little.luxe.armoire     You have to opt of Business Policies before you can access the shipping exclusions that you had set up in account settings.

A fellow Mentor @eastlaneave opted out of Business Policies to try and test something for another seller and figured out a quick fix to set things right again after hers were messed up.  

This is a quote from eastlaneave>> 

- Have them Opt in Again to Business Policies.

- If the policies do not reappear, the do a bulk edit "refresh"

That is how I got my policies back a few weeks ago.

Bulk Edit

Once Bulk Edit opens,
1) Select all your items again with the box at the top

2) Make no changes
3) Submit All
4) Confirm and Submit
5) Done

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I had a feeling that might be the solution! I was just wary of trying it and messing things up without knowing for sure if it was the fix. Thank you for the information - much appreciated.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

The above procedure worked like a charm; I was able to go in to the country exclusion page through Account Settings after opting out of Business Policies. Took away all the exclusions, opted back in to both Business Policies and EIS, and was able to refresh my Business Policies through the bulk edit procedure. But my international shipping looks exactly the same:

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 4.12.50 PM.png

It doesn't make any sense to me. I think my next step is going to be to recreate all of my shipping policies from scratch for the second time in as many days and see if that does the trick. 😐😐😐

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@little.luxe.armoire  That's a  bummer...  I thought it would fix the problem.  You might have to EDIT your business policies too.    Not recreate them.  Just edit them so they have NO international shipping selected.  

When you are done it should look like this, even though it says my item will ONLY appear on eBay.com that's not true since I am using EIS.    

EIS No international shipping screen shot.JPG

If there are still countries excluded on the policy then just click where it says edit exclusion list.  

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Yep, when I recreated all the policies a couple of days ago, I made sure that I didn't have International Shipping selected - I assume that eBay directs that because EIS just takes over the whole process as long as you are opted into the program.

But you're right -  first I made sure that if I selected International Shipping as an option, that there were no countries being excluded.  I had actually tried editing the policies first, rather than recreating, and I did find that some had country exclusions. But when that ended up not solving the problem, that's when I did everything again from scratch the first time. 

I'm in the process of doing it again now, and my current listings are transferring over just fine and are showing no exclusions (yay). But it did that a couple of days ago, too, and then any new listings still ended up with the partial list of exclusions. I'm going to try creating a new listing later today using the all-new shipping policy now that I know for sure I have zero countries excluded in that underlying list in Account Settings. We shall see...

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

The shipping exclusions are still showing up when I create a new listing. 😡 So for one particular shipping policy, I have 98 listing associated with it: 97 good listings (no country exclusions; all current listings that I just transferred over to the brand-new policy) and one bad (the newly-created listing; has country exclusions showing). All linked to the EXACT SAME shipping policy. I'm at a loss to explain it.

The only other thing I can think of is that I create new listings using my saved templates, and maybe there is some shipping rule underlying the template - even though there is nowhere on the template to choose anything but selecting my shipping policy via Business Policies. So frustrating.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

And I'm not even going to try to solve the issue that making a change to a Payment or Return Business Policy  (in this case, a change just now to the TITLE of my default payment policy because I didn't like the eBay-generated one) literally caused the system to create new SHIPPING business policies (each with a string of numbers and letters appended) and transferred my current listings back over to THOSE, which are all wrong and have the country exclusions. Can't fix everything, but anyone reading this thread should know that that's a thing.

I noticed these system-created shipping policies showing up out of nowhere when I first started working on this a couple days ago, but I couldn't figure out what the trigger was - but apparently making any edit to non-shipping policies causes eBay-created shipping policies to show up and swipe listings that are associated with a different policy. Crazy, crazy stuff.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

I like you had those restrictions in my shipping setting and had to edit the # to "0" there.

What  I also had to click on was  "apply to current listings".

This turns out to have been the final key to the puzzle. I opted out of Business Policies for a second time, went back to the shipping exclusions page in Shipping Preferences, and checked the "apply to current listings" box. I've created a couple new listings and everything is looking good! 🤞

For some reason, even with zero exclusions on the shipping locations list page, and zero exclusions in all of my policies, eBay was pulling old exclusions from...I don't even know where, I guess. All of my current listings were linked to my new shipping policies, so that doesn't seem like it should affect new listings, but???

Message 14 of 14
latest reply