cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyers address issue...help!

I hope someone can help answer my question? I had a buyer purchase three items from me & paid immediatey. I contacted her to let her know I would do a partial refund on shipping since I combine. She Thanked me and told me that she had typo'd her addy wrong & it was her neighbors address and would let her neighbor know she had a package coming. I told her if she would correct the addy on her end then I could void the shipping and get the correct addy on the label. She sent back a message stating that she had corrected it. When I voided out the old label it still showed the same addy as before so I corrected it myself before reprinting a new label.  The numbers show the homes are right nx to each other (I googled it) Now I am worried that since I corrected the addy that what if she sez she never received it? She has a FB rating of 14. The name on the address label is a male with same last name so I assume her hubby.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: buyers address issue...help!

Id the buyer files an INR complaint with eBay, you will lose.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: buyers address issue...help!

@minie812wrote:
 .... I told her if she would correct the addy on her end then I could void the shipping and get the correct addy on the label ....  The numbers show the homes are right nx to each other (I googled it) Now I am worried that since I corrected the addy that what if she sez she never received it? ....

eBay seller protection doesn't work that way; it is not possible to change the address that the buyer attached to their payment.   You are right to be worried.

In this situation, I would go ahead and use the voided label, just use a pen or marker  to change the house number.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply