cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero feedback new buyer paid, asked to ship to different address

Hi everyone, thanks in advance for your advice.  I sold a phone yesterday, buyer (new to ebay since 12/2/19 with zero feedback) paid full Buy it Now price and sent immediate payment through paypal.  There is a confirmed address on the paypal transaction and I only want to ship to that address to retain my seller protection.  The confirmed address appears to be some shady consulting company in a city in DE.  The buyer has now messaged me through ebay to ask if I can ship to another address due to them leaving for a deployment in a couple of days.  Everything about this says scam, but would I be risking anything if I just shipped to the address on the paypal transaction?  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Zero feedback new buyer paid, asked to ship to different address

There is of course the possibility that this is all on the up and up. I hate to believe that EVERYONE is a liar.

But you know the old line about if it smells like a duck etc.

Cancel the sale (problem with buyers address). If you wish to proceed then  tell the buyer to rebuy with the correct address.

Do not become starry eyed at the possible loss of a sale. If it is a scam going through with it will cost you the loss of both money and product.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Double check that the buyer ID that sent the message asking to change the address is the identical ID as the buyer who actually made the purchase.  Scammers have been known to send a message pretending they are the buyer and hoping that you will send the item to them.

if it is the same person, let them know that you can’t send the item to a different address and cancel the transaction using the reason  ‘problem with address.’

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Tell your buyer to change the shipping address on eBay ( my eBay/ account/ addessses. ) check back and if (s)he did it , you got a sale. It used to be you could change the address with a message from the buyer- not anymore. I would not ship to another address and lose what seller protections we do have when the buyer can simply change the address. Yeah- quacks like a duck.
I am who I am- those who matter don't mind. Those who mind, don't matter.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Changing the shipping address on eBay after payment does not change the address on that sale.  They would have to cancel the sale and refund and then when the buyer paid again they would have to enter the address they want it sent to.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I am so glad you asked this question as I too have a buyer who wants the item shipped to a different address. 

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

When I first read your question, I hadn't noticed my buyer's feedback. After I responded earlier, I my buyer and found they too have zero feedback. 

I can guarantee you both of our buyers are scammers. Add the buyer to your blocked bidders list and cancel the order. "Deployment" is a word scammers use frequently to fool their victims. 

This is the email I got. I edited the name and address. Notice it has bad grammar but it is supposed to have been sent by eBay. 

"Hello nubian_treasures,

Good day, you have a valued buyer name "Charlene D******" want this item to be ship on this location:

Charlene D******
***** archer road apt *** New iberia Louisiana 7560

Kindly change it to this address, if want some help just give us a call here in ebay.

Thanks,
eBay
[THREAD ID: 1-31KTNOHX]

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@kaiacheung wrote:

The buyer has now messaged me through ebay to ask if I can ship to another address due to them leaving for a deployment in a couple of days.  Everything about this says scam, but would I be risking anything if I just shipped to the address on the paypal transaction?  

Tell them you could overnight it to the Paypal address if they pay the extra shipping. They should have thought of that BEFORE hitting the buy it now. And DO NOT cancel unless unless they request it.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply