cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your experience with EBAY STANDARD ENVELOPE

Rough start on my end, not even the supervisor was aware of this. The frontline employee was trying to argue about how I am wrong. Wouldn't even let me explain how this is a brand new service.

It's going to be a rough start. Neither knew how tracking works, is anybody able to provide insight into this? Best guess was sorting machine will auto kick it into gear. But then how is it confirmed delivered. Supervisor said nowhere to scan in that regard.

Fun times, curious of others experiences.

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Makes no sense for eBay to mark this as a trackable service when it really isn't when it won't show as picked up or delivered it will slaughter our standards not to mention bring all the scammers out of the woodwork 

Message 31 of 77
latest reply

I've had the same experience at the USPS office.  Reps are not aware of the new service, and cannot scan the label.  They also state that the 51-cent postage (for one card) is not enough for the postal service to provide any tracking, and that if I want tracking on the envelope I would have to affix an additional 20-cent stamp.

I called eBay, and the customer service rep simply said she would report the problems and that bugs would eventually be worked out.  I went ahead and mailed the card without the additional stamp (to a friend, as a test of the new service), and I'm waiting to see what happens to the card and the tracking that eBay promises.  We'll see.

In the meantime, I'm continuing to ship cards the normal way (for me, 1st Class mail in a 4X7 bubble mailer), and the cost has increased considerably since the new year rates have kicked in!  I hope eBay gets this worked out, because it will a considerable cost savings for sellers and buyers.

Message 32 of 77
latest reply

it is an unrecognizable tracking number, according to my post office employees.  It has letters AND numbers in it, and it is shorter than a normal USPS tracking number.

According to an eBay customer service rep I spoke to, it is an eBay-specific number, and she wasn't sure how it was going to work in the USPS system.

Message 33 of 77
latest reply

@bele3189 

It works when FC mail is run through automatic sorting machines.  The "tracking" is picked up there.

Since the bar code is not scanable by hand, I doubt this service will be able to provide 100% proof of delivery to a specific address.  Therefore, eBay is either changing its policy where the last scan or "out for delivery" is proof of delivery or eBay is selling a pig in a poke.

Message 34 of 77
latest reply

Time will tell. Very few claims with stamps and no tracking, so I remain optimistic.

Message 35 of 77
latest reply

I can confirm it is showing delivered for a handful of these shipped out first. Says Delivered with Zip code only.

Message 36 of 77
latest reply

Can confirm it shows delivered, at least the first batch we shipped.

Says Delivered and Zip Code only

Message 37 of 77
latest reply

@pokemoncatches 

OK then this is just like Label 400.  Shows delivered, a date/time and a Zip Code only! 

If there is no GPS data to backstop the "delivered" scan then isn't this now ripe for fraud by Sellers?  What is to stop a seller from sending anything in an envelop to a business in the same zip code and eventually the scan will show "delivered".  Buyer has no way to prove item was misdelivered so they will fail on an INR case.

Message 38 of 77
latest reply

Can't tell you how  many arguments I've had with eBay CS agents who don't know their own policy.  Sometimes I think eBay should be paying me, it's like I'm doing their job for them.

Message 39 of 77
latest reply

@backroomnoir 

If you are posting here and helping others, then YES! you are doing CS work for eBay for free!

Message 40 of 77
latest reply

I had the same exact issue this morning.

Message 41 of 77
latest reply

I expected problems from the get-go.  Printed out a couple envelopes for baseball cards today--local postaster told me they're no good as far as she's concerned because the toploaders (eBay says you can include up to three) and/or any reinforcing cardboard/stock are nonmachinable, which is not accounted for in eBay's pricing. Even if it were, the nonmachinable aspect makes the tracking barcode useless as it has to go through the high-speed sorters to be read. On top of all that, eBay keeps printing the 51 cent price on each envelope even when I select "No Printed Price." Guess I'm going back to manual stamps and crossed fingers...

Message 42 of 77
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@postcardcountry wrote:

What was explained to me in one of those weekly chats - this is for trading cards only with no plans to expand it to other cards.  I couldn't even get a name or department that I could lobby for expansion of the program to other 'cards' like postcards.

That is inconsistent with the Help page which clearly states that expansion is planned:

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/ebay-standard-envelope.html

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 9.50.01 PM.png

Wouldn't be the first time those "chats" offered less than accurate information.  

Message 43 of 77
latest reply

I've sent out several using the standard envelope. Some do not show any update on tracking, a couple show 

• Origin Processing
  • CLEVELAND, OH 44101

One shows delivered.  It's a wide variety of information out there. When you enter your assigned tracking number on the USPS site, it states #ESUS33230242 doesn't seem to be a USPS tracking number. Please check the number and carrier and try again. 

Obviously we have a way to go to get this going in the right direction. 

Message 45 of 77
latest reply