cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your experience with EBAY STANDARD ENVELOPE

Rough start on my end, not even the supervisor was aware of this. The frontline employee was trying to argue about how I am wrong. Wouldn't even let me explain how this is a brand new service.

It's going to be a rough start. Neither knew how tracking works, is anybody able to provide insight into this? Best guess was sorting machine will auto kick it into gear. But then how is it confirmed delivered. Supervisor said nowhere to scan in that regard.

Fun times, curious of others experiences.

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

HI, You have to have certain demension on your envelope in the ebay shipping. Aslo it has to be 3 o.z. or less and 20 dollars or less. If you meet all those requirements it shoud show up in the drop menue. I had same problem and fixed my info to meet requirements and it show up in dropdiwb menu.

Message 46 of 77
latest reply

What kind of envelope are you guys using for this service?  The rigid stay flat mailers with the pull tab or just a plain jane regular old white envelope that you have to lick the adhesive?  Asking for a friend.

Message 47 of 77
latest reply

Yes, I see that you listed the postcard, but can you ship it on the new program, I can't.  Bob Hill

Message 48 of 77
latest reply

I cannot see this shipping option when I am listing and choosing in the choices of shipping dropdown menu.

How do you get to this new Standard trading card option??

betterritter_0-1612450945794.png

Message 49 of 77
latest reply

Hello,

I was just curious if you had any shipments using this method that had no update in tracking. I have used it for my dozen orders and on 3 shipments there has been no update on tracking at all. The others have updated tracking and confirmed delivery.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or if it has something to do with the size of my labels possibly.

Thanks

Message 50 of 77
latest reply

Well, as of now 4 days later, still no tracking detected, all sounds good but not working yet...I know it's new and time will correct...

Message 51 of 77
latest reply

you are selecting from you business policies there, you would need to set it up as a policy before altering the shipping in the listing. 

Message 52 of 77
latest reply

No insight on my end, but you're not alone. 

I've sent out a bunch of cards with this service and it's been frustrating.  I have some cards showing that the label was printed days ago but hasn't been processed with USPS.  I've already received a Did Not Receive Item claim on one of my cards.

Message 53 of 77
latest reply

Well, until last night my experience with eBay Standard Envelope had been 100% positive. However, that has changed.  

Yesterday I was looking over my Payments summary and saw that I had finally been charged on 2/10 shipping for cards I sent out around the 1st of the month. Fine as far as that goes, but then I noticed I had more charges than I sent cards on that day/week.   Sure enough, got double charged.   Well, I let it go, but then this morning I noticed a post where another was double charged for postage for the same ESE item.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/Being-charged-double-shipping/m-p/31610905#M368492 

So, take a look at your itemized shipping charges for ESE...  

Me, I was about to launch 60 cards tonight, based on my test runs earlier this month - should have been looking at the financials instead of tracking!  I won't be until I see if me and the OP of that post are the only 2 and it's a 1-off glitch.  At 3-6 bucks a card, free shipping, I'm not eating another 51 cents.

Message 54 of 77
latest reply

So if their is no delivery scan why would that be any different then putting the item in the envelope and putting 55 cents on it.  With no delivery scan the scammers can still claim they didn't recieve it.

Message 55 of 77
latest reply

Ive been trying to use this option for my postcards. I can select EBay standard envelope when I list and it goes up with that described as my method of shipping for the customer to see. When the customer purchases and I go to print a shipping label it shows up as the buyer selected option but is greyed out saying items in this category or price range are not eligible for standard envelope and I am forced to do first class...at my expense.  

If this cant be used as a method of shipping postcards you should not be able to select it as a your method when you list.

Still trying to figure it out myself. It looks like postcards are shut out and I am going to get burned for shipping a few more times as I have two auctions with bids that I can do nothing about.

Message 56 of 77
latest reply

@denise.shop wrote:

Ive been trying to use this option for my postcards. I can select EBay standard envelope when I list and it goes up with that described as my method of shipping for the customer to see. When the customer purchases and I go to print a shipping label it shows up as the buyer selected option but is greyed out saying items in this category or price range are not eligible for standard envelope and I am forced to do first class...at my expense.  

If this cant be used as a method of shipping postcards you should not be able to select it as a your method when you list.

Still trying to figure it out myself. It looks like postcards are shut out and I am going to get burned for shipping a few more times as I have two auctions with bids that I can do nothing about.

LOL you should at least read the basic rules for ESE before you try to use it illegally.  And not expect ebay to hold your hand when listing.  I'm sure that the dropdown menu offered a dozen other methods you can't use as well, it's up to you to take charge of your actions and do the right thing.

Message 57 of 77
latest reply

Ebay Standard Envelope is rubbish. Don't waste your time until they fix it if they ever fix it. It's a hit or miss when you ship items this way, sometimes the tracking updates and other times it does not. All depends on whether the post office decides to send it through the sorting machines or not. Last week I used it to ship a single trading card and took it to the post office. Now it's 8 days later and the tracking has never updated and still says the same thing as the day I printed out the label "label created-tracking provided". It doesn't even say that the item was accepted or in transit yet. If the buyer checks the tracking # they'll think I didn't ship it yet and just printed a label. Just another Ebay disaster so far !! Is anybody else having this problem??

Message 58 of 77
latest reply

So 2-3 weeks so far and it seems that this program, although maybe well intentioned ,  was not researched, tested or debugged and so far looks to be a disaster. I am disappointed that Ebay rolls out a  program so poorly executed. I sell patches and use an envelope and printed postage. The shorty barcode shows up above the address but I didn't really understand what that was, I now do, its probably read by the distribution center automated machines. But it is of no use to sellers, and you can't retrieve any information about the letter. I hope patches someday can go by ESE system and the program gets debugged. USPS usually loses or misdelivers 1-2 pieces of mail a month. In January I had to refund for 15 lost or delayed pieces of mail of which buyers opened INR cases.  Pandemic, weather, postal worker shortages all contribute to 3-5 week delivery times, for a freakin' letter.  They may have received them after the cases closed, but none were honest enough to say, Hey it showed up, can I pay you back.  And Ebay says my metrics are slipping (INR wise). Can't win lately, its a lose, lose. 

Message 59 of 77
latest reply

@dufflite95 

Hmmm, perhaps you haven't read the details of the Standard Envelop program?  Some of the pertinent details are listed in this post....

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/Ebays-new-standard-envelope-tracking-updated/m-p/3158...

Message 60 of 77
latest reply