cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was my package rejected by Ireland customs?

I recently sent a large envelope to Ireland. The weight and postage are correct, as is the address. The sticker that was put over my lane upon return says: "Return To Sender - Rejected/Failed electronic customs clearance." Has anyone had this issue before? There aren't any COVID restrictions so I am stumped. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Why was my package rejected by Ireland customs?

Did you fill ouf out a customs form 2976 or 2976-A.?  I'm not sure of the form #?  Maybe it was 276. It's been awhile and I didn't  use online labels but I had to fill out a form declaring the  item and value and to and from info. 

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

Just as a WAG, it looks like either your package contained something that Ireland doesn't permit entry for ("rejected"), or that whichever shipping company you bought your label from failed to transmit the customs info ("failed"). 

Have you tried contacting whomever you purchased your label from? They might be your best bet for accurate information.

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 3 of 47
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. It was sent using eBay's Shipping Labels program, so all of the customs stuff is already figured out and printed on the shipping label. 🙂

Message 4 of 47
latest reply

Did you enter the HS Tariff code and the AES/ITN/Exemption code? That info isn't prefilled. HS codes you need to look up for the item you're shipping. The AES/ITN is provided by eBay in the info pop-up, but it's not prefilled.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 47
latest reply

I have exactly same problem. so far I have already 5 packages that came back, all from Ireland. 

All low value items; CN22 , EORI , IOSS - everything on there, but still Rejected. 

I am stopping sending stuff to Ireland ;(

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

I have the same issue.

Every order sent to Ireland in the last three weeks has been returned for the same reason.

All the customs declaration is correct , HS code, IOSS number and so on.

I too have had to stop shipping to Ireland until I can resolve the issue

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

This is an issue is impacting almost everyone shipping from outside the EU to Ireland right now: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/an-post-blames-brexit-and-eu-customs-for-delivery-issues-fo...

I spoke to our customs broker and even though the forms are all correct, Ireland is still sending everything back and claiming it's "EU changes".  That's a joke because no other EU country is having the same issue with customs rejections even using the same info.

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

We have had over 40 packages returned, all with IOSS and correct HS Codes applied.

Contacted our Royal Mail account manager they were aware but have no idea when it will be resolved, they advised it is Irish Customs not understanding/complying with the new regulations.  We no longer ship to Ireland but use the eBay GSP instead and so far they have all been delivered without issue.  Just unfortunate GSP works out more expensive for the customer.

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

tyler@ebayvelvet@ebay - Can you please read through this thread and ask the shipping team to look into this? eBay announced that Australia was rejecting USPS packages- but I haven't seen anything formal about packages to Ireland being rejected. According to these posts, many sellers are having packages rejected. If there are issues shipping to Ireland then sellers need to be informed.

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

@partsworld-uk wrote:

I have the same issue.

Every order sent to Ireland in the last three weeks has been returned for the same reason.

All the customs declaration is correct , HS code, IOSS number and so on.

I too have had to stop shipping to Ireland until I can resolve the issue

intlshipping@ebay- Can you help? Sellers are filling out forms properly according to the new July 1st rules yet packages from Ireland specifically are being rejected.

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

tyler@ebayvelvet@ebay - Can you please read through this thread and ask the shipping team to look into this? eBay announced that Australia was rejecting USPS packages- but I haven't seen anything formal about packages to Ireland being rejected. According to these posts, many sellers are having packages rejected. If there are issues shipping to Ireland then sellers need to be informed.

That's interesting! I've reached out to our shipping team in an effort to get more info on this. I'll follow-up when I have something to share @coffeebean832. Thanks! 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 12 of 47
latest reply

exactly the same for me too, around 30 packages returned, I'm using Royal Mail click and drop, all other countries in the EU no issue. Thought i was going mad

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

Hi all,

We can confirm we've experienced the same problems with Ireland. We've had about six items come back so far and I'm expecting probably the same again in the coming days.

We're using Click & Drop and have not had any issues with any other countries.

We reluctantly suspended shipping to Ireland on 22/09/21.

Royal Mail have been unable to  provide much help except to say they're aware of the problem.

Ebay need to step in to protect sellers from unfair feedback caused by a serious situation that is not of our making.

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

Hello all! I've heard back from the shipping team and they said that Ireland is coming down harder on imports that do not have correct HTS or customs documentation for imports, incorrect Duties & Taxes VAT, or missing paperwork.

They suggest working with Royal Mail as it appears they may not have provided proper documentation. They did verify for me that the GSP in both the US and UK, have not experienced issues with deliveries into Ireland. That may be a possible option until you find that other shipping methods are having better success at getting packages into Ireland.

I hope this helps! 😊

Velvet,
eBay
Message 15 of 47
latest reply