cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When buying shipping labels the page is defaulting to Priority Mail

When I go to buy a shipping label Priority is always pre-selected no matter what postage I specified in the listing.  Meaning that myself and others will inevitably make the mistake of selecting the wrong shipping method when just about everything I ship is Media Mail.  This is bogus and needs to go away.   Many have been complaining about it and Ebay has not responded to this sudden problem.

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: When buying shipping labels the page is defaulting to Priority Mail

The increase is a holiday surcharge being charged by the post office.  Just starter last week and runs through late Dec.

Message 31 of 54
latest reply

Just noticed this tonight after seeing something that weighs a few ounces had priority mail selected. Only has cost me ~$15 from other items shipped, but nonetheless very annoying to have them quietly change something most sellers have done so many times they just click on through because they (wrongly) trusted eBay  -- and eBay knows this and have to have heard many many complaints. I just assumed I made priority mail the default on those items because I had made an error when copying a similar listing, but nope -- the only reason to blame myself was because I trusted eBay to not change something without telling me. I hope there's a class action lawsuit just to teach them a lesson.

Message 32 of 54
latest reply

mine does it also and have to ship priority to first class.  very annoying but even worse is this new 15% hike in shipping costs for first class.  What was $3 is now $3.40

Message 33 of 54
latest reply

yes higher rates.  usps raised rates about 15% from oct 18th until dec 27th.  sucks

Message 34 of 54
latest reply

I am having the same issues and I have to play around to switch it up, otherwise it is all wrong. 

Message 35 of 54
latest reply

OK this is new. It just defaulted to FEDEX OVERNIGHT for an item I don't even have that available as an option and where the buyer selected USPS Priority Mail and that's my default for the order. That's $55 for FedEx overnight and $8.50 for Priority Mail.

FIX THIS, EBAY.

Message 36 of 54
latest reply

Have had the same proble,in listing i have 1st class $3.90 flat rate and go to print label comes up priority mail,also had one priority mail in listing went to print label and it come up Fed Ex next day mail at $48.00.Is this on the brink of fraud/criminal act?This has been happening about every other sale.Must stop.

Message 37 of 54
latest reply

The last label I purchased, when I opened it up and saw the 8 dollar fee I was like oh no, what happened. Why is priority box selected? I don't ship priority. Then I checked my shipping preference it says economy shipping.

Message 38 of 54
latest reply

I specify USPS, First Class with tracking and confirmation on each and every listing unless it is listed as "free shipping" (markup included in pricing to cover the cost).  The amount of postage that I am charging customers is stated on the listing.  It is still bouncing to Priority Mail selection and rate when I go to print my labels.  This only started last week.  Unacceptable.  eBay should not be allowed to change the stated shipping method and make us change it back to print the labels.  

Message 39 of 54
latest reply

I am doing the same, there is no quick edit on postage cost like there is on the purchase price!  What a time-consuming task.  eBay could certainly do better with bulk editing!

Message 40 of 54
latest reply

In addition to giving the 1 star rating, I have been sending a complaint with as many as I have time to write.  Perhaps if we can flood them with complaints someone will do something.  I know that's probably wishful thinking but a flooded mailbox could help.

When you print a label, it comes back with a place to rate the service.  Please, everyone, send a 1 rating and a complaint that the shipping method chosen is being changed.

Message 41 of 54
latest reply

You don't have to ship priority to first class.  When it comes up wrong, you fix it and continue as normal.  The chance to fix it is still there, you just have to catch it.  Since they are always changed, you need to do it every time.

Message 42 of 54
latest reply

Yes, I had it switch on FEDEX OVERNIGHT on one last week.  Was showing shipping of $48.  On an item that sold for less than $10.  Sick of stupid things that ebay does to make our lives difficult.

Message 43 of 54
latest reply

That is if you catch it, if it hasn't gone out already into USPS hands you have to go back and cancel the label in the "Shipping label" tag and redo it correctly(yes another time waster) Up until a few weeks ago it worked as it should, then presto Priority default everytime, when it is an item listed as priority in your listing it sometimes shows up and fedex overnite $$$$$$$. Ebay needs to learn to leave things alone and NOT fix what is not broken, as of today they have not fix the incorrect default (priority) so keep hitting the 1 star button and put incorrect default in the text block. Ebay trying to nudge us into paying for priority when we only got paid for 1st class, how about we nudge ebay to pay for the difference and credit our accounts....I already know the canned response for their error "we will do this as a one time courtesy" LOL......FIX IT!

Message 44 of 54
latest reply

@vintage-car-magazines wrote:

@Anonymous , Shipping used to default to the service selected by the buyer. Why is shipping now defaulting to a service that's faster and more expense that what the buyer ordered?

@Anonymous 

Trinton, 

Can you give us any insight?

VintageCarMagazines

Message 45 of 54
latest reply