cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of shipping is this?

On April 2, I placed an order for some elastic for masks I want to make for my son-in-law's hospital.

I paid $5.00 for standard shipping and the tracking number was provided on April 2.

Now, it's just sitting around in some warehouse and I don't understand why.  Is this drop shipping? Any way the seller can get it going faster?

I'm frustrated because this could have been sent 1st class and I'd already have it.  Can't make the masks until this arrives! Thanks for your help ahead of time.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: What kind of shipping is this?

There's more information when you view the tracking on the USPS website.

The seller is using a shipping partner Jet E-Commerce Logistic Inc which means USPS is being used only for the last leg of the delivery. The tracking shows that once transferred to USPS is will be handled as a priority mail shipment.

It looks like the package sat at the Jet facility for 5 days after pickup before moving. Now that it's moving (as of the 8th) the length of time before it's transferred to USPS will likely depend on how far you live from Cedar Grove, NJ.

The shipping is similar to using UPS Surepost or FedEx Smartpost where one carrier ships the first leg before it's transferred to USPS for final delivery.

What was the estimated delivery date shown when you placed the order? I'm wondering if the seller marked it as Standard when it should have been marked as Economy shipping.

In the mean time you can cut your fabric so you have everything ready to go when the elastic arrives.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

The package is NOT "sitting around some warehouse", the last entry implies that the package DEPARTED the USPS facility in Cedar Grove and on it's way to the next destination. The next scan received should show that. NO, the seller has no way to speed up the process since the mail is moving slower because of the covid19 pandemic. Patience is a virtue.

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

It looks like it is stuck in transit which is not the seller's fault at all.   I have one like that shipping to Detroit and it is just sitting.  I ended up refunding the buyer to avoid a defect.  My guess is the buyer will get a free item eventually.

I suspect that the mail is experiencing some issues and things are a bit sideways.

It is possible that it will not show up.  But the seller has no control once it has left their hands and there is nothing they can do to Speed it up.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

There's more information when you view the tracking on the USPS website.

The seller is using a shipping partner Jet E-Commerce Logistic Inc which means USPS is being used only for the last leg of the delivery. The tracking shows that once transferred to USPS is will be handled as a priority mail shipment.

It looks like the package sat at the Jet facility for 5 days after pickup before moving. Now that it's moving (as of the 8th) the length of time before it's transferred to USPS will likely depend on how far you live from Cedar Grove, NJ.

The shipping is similar to using UPS Surepost or FedEx Smartpost where one carrier ships the first leg before it's transferred to USPS for final delivery.

What was the estimated delivery date shown when you placed the order? I'm wondering if the seller marked it as Standard when it should have been marked as Economy shipping.

In the mean time you can cut your fabric so you have everything ready to go when the elastic arrives.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Thanks for such a clear explanation.  The expected delivery was between April 7 and 9.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.  yes, patience is a virtue but I don't appreciate your preaching at me.  After 4 weeks of self-containment, I don't really feel like that remark is helping.  these masks are for my son-in-law at his small Kansas hospital where they don't have enough PPE for the expected cases.  He needs these masks and whatever I can do,  I will.  I may sound impatient but this isn't just for some frivolous want.  I only wish this seller had shipped 1st class. 

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

I think the seller might have put the wrong shipping on the listing (Standard instead of Economy) - you can message them with a heads up.

Give it more time before filing a claim. A lot of shipping is getting hung up right now due to the virus outbreak and short staffing. Your package is still moving which is a great sign. I know everybody could use these masks today ...  yesterday ... 3 months ago ... but unless you can find the elastic from another seller who can ship quick then it may require a little bit of patience before it arrives. Is there an alternate fastening device you can use to start making masks before the elastic gets there? String or fabric strips?

GLORIOUS!

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

The seller shipped it Priority Mail for you so they tried to get it to you fast.

You have 30 days after the last estimated delivery date to file a claim so

your money is not at risk as long as you wait to long. You can go onto the

USPS website and track it from there. Sometimes having USPS sent you

Text or Email updates seems shakes it loose. If it was me I would give it

a little more time to see if it starts moving.

https://www.usps.com 

1.jpg

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

@eunster1313 wrote:

The seller shipped it Priority Mail for you so they tried to get it to you fast.

Sometimes having USPS sent you Text or Email updates seems shakes it loose.

The seller didn't ship it Priority. My above post explains why Priority is displayed.

Signing up for updates does absolutely nothing to "shake it loose" - that's just a myth I see posted over and over again. Signing up for updates does nothing more than alert you when there is a tracking update. Any movement that occurs after somebody signs up is purely coincidence.

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

@eunster1313 wrote:

Text or Email updates seems shakes it loose. If it was me I would give it a little more time to see if it starts moving.

https://www.usps.com 

Totally wrong and unsubstantiated information.

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

I have no advice but I found this question by Googling what the heck a shipping partner was and when I'd get my freaking item. I also ordered elastic for some DESPERATELY NEEDED masks that I have all the fabric cut and ready for. I purposely chose a seller located in Houston because I live in Houston, hoping it would arrive soon. Estimated delivery day was April 9th, here it is the 11th and nothing, but the tracking number shows it was in Houston on April 4th and has just been sitting there??? I'm extremely frustrated.  Here's hoping we get our packages before the COVID crisis is over... ugh. 

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Jet Logi-stics is a spoofer to make packages look like they are shipping in the US when they are NOT !!
Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Call the Post Office. I would also sign up for informed delivery.
Message 13 of 29
latest reply

you must be patient , and everything well be alright my friend

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

I was thinking the same thing.

Message 15 of 29
latest reply