cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of boxes to use for shipping baseball hats?

What kind of boxes do you prefer to use when shipping baseball hats? (Not necessarily "baseball" but that shape?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: What kind of boxes to use for shipping baseball hats?

They are light weight so the best way to ship would be first class parcel.  It's fast and low cost.  Any plain box the right size should do.  Padded envelopes don't offer protection and things get crushed. That can lead to unhappy buyers.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I ship hats in 8x6x4 boxes.  Maybe a few larger hats wouldn't fit too well, but most will.

The weight is 7-8 ounces for the average hat.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@jeffrey000 

I have sold lots of baseball caps and I have tried sending them in a white plastic envelope type bags and although this costs less for shipping, the cap can get bent and then the buyer is not happy. You could end up having to refund and pay for return shipping.

So, I started folding the back of the cap in, wrapping it in white packing paper and putting it in a small box. Although shipping is more, the cap's chances of getting damaged are less. This method seems to work the best for me. 

If the hat is expensive, I typically open the cap and stuff it with white packaging paper to keep its shape and then put it in a plastic bag and into a box. This method ends up costing a little more in shipping also. 

Using small boxes has worked better for me and has limited the buyer being upset at receiving a damaged cap. 

Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Cardboard.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

USPS Priority Shoe Box might work if you're sending PM.  

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

In a box.  The added cost of a box, and possibly a bit more postage is better than having to refund for a damaged item.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

thanks guy, you're the only one that gave me dimensions. You're a saint.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

8x8x4 boxes are a better fit and you don't have to cram the hat in.  Try to keep the weight under 8oz first class, as there's a price transition point there that adds $1 or more to the shipping cost.  There's a brand of boxes called ecoswift available on eBay that are lighter weight (ECT23) and shave an ounce off vs the normal ECT32 rated boxes. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

thanks, I thought anything under 16 ounces (assuming you print up the label on Ebay) is 'first class'

Message 10 of 10
latest reply