cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair lost item return. How do I get my money back?

I sent an item to Germany from the United States. It's been sitting at the addressee's post office, but for some reason, shows up as undelivered. The customer has requested that I submit a "search request," which I did, but the customer has also opened a return request. This is unfair. If it gets lost, and I submit a request, and nothing comes of it (TBD), then why is that my fault? Just seems stupid.

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 2.00.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 11.29.55 AM.png

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Unfair lost item return. How do I get my money back?

How are you out anything If the buyer opened a return request? They have to actually return the item in order to get a refund. According to you they don’t have the item. So accept the return and call eBay and get it closed when the buyer fails to ship the item back in 5 business days.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Looks like it's being held for customs or other fees. Some buyers scam this way, open a case and when they get their money back, trot on down to the PO and pick their item up.

i would call eBay and show them the buyer is not collecting their item. They may close the case.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@missjen831wrote:

How are you out anything If the buyer opened a return request? They have to actually return the item in order to get a refund. According to you they don’t have the item. So accept the return and call eBay and get it closed when the buyer fails to ship the item back in 5 business days.

If the buyer opened a return request, they opened the wrong thing.  If they haven't received the item they have nothing to return.  If they haven't received the item they would have needed to open an INR dispute.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

A case is already open. It's actually not a "return request," that was a faux pas on my part. It's just an open request:

"Your buyer opened a request because their item hasn't arrived."

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

This transaction ended up going well. The search request went through and they found it.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply