cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS tracking no longer showing estimated delivery

I don't know if this is just me but since yesterday all USPS tracking (not just what has been sold / shipped through EBay) is not showing estimated delivery dates on USPS tracking page. Previously as soon as an item was scanned in and accepted it would show an estimated delivery date. As of yesterday that is no longer the case for me at least.

I have 1 package that I shipped and 3 that are being shipped to me. All got scanned and are in transit as of yesterday and today but neither one is showing estimated delivery date.

Just wondering if something changed on USPS tracking system.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I dropped off two packages at 9:30 this morning, both are now showing Accepted as their current status on usps.com, and both are showing their "Expected Delivery Date" on that same page. (For the record, both are First Class Package items.)

Perhaps the first appearance of the Expected Delivery Date is affected by network shipping traffic, Shipping methods or destination...?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@jetrocket11 wrote:

I don't know if this is just me but since yesterday all USPS tracking (not just what has been sold / shipped through EBay) is not showing estimated delivery dates on USPS tracking page.

My shipping labels today are showing "Priority Mail 2 Day".

But if it is not showing on eBay's pages, as far as I am concerned, that is a good thing.

We all get complaints from buyer who write immediately, tracking said it would be here today and it's not. What's going on? Then we have to write back and explain it is only an ESTIMATED delivery date.

As far as Guaranteed Delivery is concerned, how can eBay (or any one else) guarantee the actions of an organization over which they have no control (the post office) when the post office itself has no control over the airplanes that move the mail because the airlines have no control over the weather or other factors that ground the planes (and the mail on board).

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Interesting. Checked again and all my items that were scanned by USPS yesterday don't have the "Expected By" details. The ones scanned today show it like before..

FYI I'm referring to USPS tracking info and not anything that eBay shows

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

The same problem faced me. I bought an item from ebay since 22/3/2019 at the first there  was estimated delivery time but now there is no, and and if that is not enough I have not gotten the item till now. although I was given tracking number

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Just  checked  the tracking on eBay site for an item purchased & shipped via FCP. The  Tracking  clearly states estimated delivery date April 27 and on the eBay purchase file it  has a Guaranteed Delivery Date fo April 29.  The  item arrived at our North Metro USPS facility at about 1 am today with a little luck it might be delivered today but tomorrow is OK too.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Update my package  is out for delivery.  Seller & USPS top level service in my book. Guess I was a wee bit Irish today - actually Swedish/Italian 50/50 mix

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

The coronavirus is taking its toll on sellers. It was probably the amount of complaints that USPS is receiving. They cannot guarantee delivery right now due to the massive influx in online shopping. Therefore an expected by date is just asking for trouble when they can't guarantee delivery.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I haven't been doing eBay sales that long, but I've noticed a distinct difference in the past month in the delivery speed of packages I ship by USPS, which I'm sure is attributable to Covid slowdowns. One package was shipped last Monday from where I live in the midwest to NYC. The tracking info shows it as having gone to Kent, WA, which is west of where it started out, rather than going east! Another one going from here to Michigan has been almost two weeks in transit and now says it's in a facility in Pittsburgh, PA! Yet another one got hung up in Pontiac, MI for three days, which was only a one-hour drive from its ultimate location. That one finally did arrive. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

different distribution centers and sort facilities are closed for deep cleaning or operating at diminished capacity, so packages are getting diverted to other sort facilities, backing them up and taking packages way out of their jurisdiction.

I've had a package going from Chicago to Brooklyn since 4/10

still 'in transit to next facility'

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

These are not normal times.     We can't and shouldn't expect the USPS or any business to operate in a normal fashion.   

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Agree

Unfortunately that's not how ebay views it for sellers

buyers have been opening INR cases and sellers have to refund even tho the package is still on its way

so the buyer will eventually get the item plus the refund

ebay gave buyers an extra 21 days to return items, but they did not give sellers an extra 21 days for delivery dates

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Stuff,  so far I've been lucky.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I have 4 USPS packages and 1 UPS package that are all running days behind. The UPS package (I’m the receiver)  has sat in Denver for 4 days and hasn’t updated. If you call, they blame CV-19. All my USPS are more than 2 days past the original delivery date. One was shipped 2 day priority mail and it’s on the 4th day and still not updated. Only Amazon Logistics has come as scheduled so far. Not sure about FedEx. Right now we’re all a slave to the carrier’s.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply