cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS shipping delays..

Just wanted to pass this along. I shipped an item from Michigan to Kansas on  April 13th. On April 21st, the buyer asked where it was. April 22nd I went to the po and asked. They said that all the mail sorting centers in Michigan were closed because of covid19. So mail goes from the local branch to the closest sorting center in another state, then once done, is shipped on its way. . Then it gets shipped back to Michigan and then goes on its way. So a normal 2 priority mail took, 11 days.  Just an fyi if your packages aren't arriving on time.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

USPS shipping delays..

thank you for this update.

i have a pkg going from chicago to brooklyn.

delivered to post office 4/10 and last tracking update is 4/17  

'in transit to next facility'

😬

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

Everything I'm shipping Priority now takes 4-6 days instead of 2-3 days.  

Maybe it's slower for them to move around and work with the 6 feet apart requirements?

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

People are not picking up their mail so the PO is having huge backlogs. Even Amazon, I usually get in 3 days now still waiting to even get shipped after 8 days.

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

I went to my local post office in Pennsylvania and mailed a package Priority mail to California--I was told the buyer, in Sacramento CA, would get the package on the 13th of April.  The tracking showed the package arrived and was scanned at the distribution warehouse in San Jose, California on the 13th of April. The next "scanned" information said on the 15th of April it was "in transit to the next facility". I checked the tracking on Friday the 17th and it said "in transit to the next facility". The original tracking date for package delivery was April 13, but that information was removed and replaced saying it was still "in transit to next facility" on the 17th of April.  I did post an inquiry here with my own frustration in trying to find out where is my package.

Since I did put the item up for auction I was uncertain how to mail the package. I went to the post office and decided to mail the package Priority mail. I was glad I mailed it priority instead of economy shipping.  I was scared at first that the buyer would have wanted a refund for the slow package, but when I went back to the listing of the auction item it said the buyer would get the package around the 5th of May.  If the package is lost at least I have insurance on the package.  If the package is rerouted where in tarnation has it been reroute to? I understand from the latest news on the television they think they found ground 0 the first possible death from coronavirus was in Santa Clara (San Jose)..I still wonder how a package that is mailed priority mail from the east cost to the west still has not arrived to the buyer in Sacramento, CA. In a timely manner.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

Priority, 1st Class, Media they all have extended delivery times.  Media mail is averaging 11 days now.  There is no real need for worry, most customers understand the virus is wreaking havoc with the USPS.  However, if your tracking information has not updated after FOUR days then you certainly need to go to the USPS website and contact the post office requesting information about the status of your package and open us a lost package inquiry if need be.  In my experience this gets the USPS to do an active search and you will see tracking updated on your package within a few days.  I just recently had to do this for a package that took 3 weeks to arrive.  Patience and peace my friends.  Stay safe 

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

I live in Canada and all my shipments to the States are delayed, it seems like it is taking double the amount of time, I am notifying buyers in the USA that this seems to be the new norm when I ship their item to them

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

the 'in transit to next facility" was a problem before the virus.packages would disappear for about 2 weeks and then suddenly reappear.this month i lost 4 packages that never reappeared.

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

Thank you for this! I have a buyer in MI and we thought their package had been lost! He paid for 2-day shipping and its been 11 days, as of today. I hope it shows up today! 

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

I've had to stop all USPS shipping - nothing is getting through. I have packages "in transit to next facility" for over a month now. Four packages mailed on Monday (four days ago), including three Priority Mail (including one in-state 1-Day). All are in limbo "in transit to next facility". I have now moved all my shipping to FedEx. A bit more expensive, but every FedEx shipment in the past month was delivered without a problem.
Message 10 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

You must be in one of the hot spots of New York, Detroit, Chicago, and etc. I noticed all of my packages go to those areas or thru those areas get stuck. I have 10 packages hung up for over 2 weeks all first class mail. At least for the most part the customers have been patient.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

Yup 3 weeks now and counting. Usually 2 weeks.

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

What do you do when customers are demand a refund are we just out and customer eventually gets product also?
Message 13 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

I live in Mi. and have been waiting on some package deliveries for 2 wks plus... It's getting ridiculous.. 

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

I explain to them what is happening and all of my customers have been understanding. The see the tracking themselves.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply