cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS shipping delays..

Just wanted to pass this along. I shipped an item from Michigan to Kansas on  April 13th. On April 21st, the buyer asked where it was. April 22nd I went to the po and asked. They said that all the mail sorting centers in Michigan were closed because of covid19. So mail goes from the local branch to the closest sorting center in another state, then once done, is shipped on its way. . Then it gets shipped back to Michigan and then goes on its way. So a normal 2 priority mail took, 11 days.  Just an fyi if your packages aren't arriving on time.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

USPS shipping delays..

The PO has been Very Slow with this going on. However ebay does not help with their unrealistic "Delivery Dates". ebay needs to inform buyers that there is a pandemic going on & items are subject to delays. Here is another chance ebay had to show they stand behind their sellers & instead kick us!
Message 16 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

USPS has severe delays in Michigan and sellers get no relief from ebay, NONE!  Detroit sorting facility has had severe numbers of covid cases and basically shut down. Most of what I sell goes First Class so other options not feasible for price. Some packages taking 12 days or more longer than estimates. Several cases opened against me for item not received when package shipped out within 1 business day and tracking shows in transit. Ebay has started pulling money from my account for these cases. Why are delivery estimates not moved out as Amazon has done? Why doesn't ebay warn buyers about severe delays before paying?  Why is a refund issued to a buyer within 15 days of paying when tracking shows item is in transit? When the packages arrive, and they do, how do I get my item or money back? Why doesn't ebay go after the funds from USPS?  I am a longtime seller with 100% positive FB and have to shut down my store. Thanks for your support and understanding during a pandemic ebay.

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

I’m in Michigan and always ship within 24 hours, nothing has been delivered on time for the past 6 weeks. I was relieved to see that the past two days my shipping has been routed to Grand Rapids instead of Detroit where all of my delays are occurring . I started sending notes to my customers telling them upon shipping of the Detroit delays. So far no one has asked for a refund. They are satisfied with my communication of the issues in advance.
Message 18 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

Not to changes the subject.    I had a package sent to me from Eastern Europe that took 77 days.   

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

I ordered two packages priority. One 4 and 1/2 hours away in MA, I'm still waiting 11 days and counting no updates in 7. Ordered another from CA across the country, got it after 2 days. 

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the delays.  I just recently received a package from Japan-- it arrived at JFK on the 1st and was delivered to me here in DC on the 2nd, no delays at all despite the fact that it arrived in and went through New York.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

I have had 5 parcels "take a tour of the country" in the last month.  One was off the radar for 22 days.  Another never showed up in the USPS System at all and couldn't be tracked.

I have happy to say that ALL have eventually been delivered correctly..........

I think the PO has had to hire a bunch of newbies on the sorting side and they are screwing up royally.  But none have been totally "lost".

We are going through a disaster never before seen in our lifetimes..........things are going to take longer..............

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had about 30 packages have this problem. Someone just got a garment inside their package from kohl’s, mind you I sell books! How does that happen! Another book they seemingly tossed around so a customer received an empty mailer!!! The only way to stand up to eBay is to stop selling on there unfortunately. Can’t abuse or make money off you if you just don’t sell. Had several people open cases and have refunded them but asked if they could make payment once the item is finally delivered. I talked to someone at eBay and said they should at least mention the delays in their covid message banner, to no avail. They know that if they do, less people would spend on eBay, which obviously none of us want that to happen, but this is not sustainable for us sellers!

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

@toysaver wrote:

Everything I'm shipping Priority now takes 4-6 days instead of 2-3 days.  

Maybe it's slower for them to move around and work with the 6 feet apart requirements?

Even worse for me.....I shipped 2 priority mail packages, one took 9 days and the other took 10 days. Both customers inquired about their items but luckily they were both very understanding.

A recent guaranteed delivery purchase took 8 days priority and arrived 4 days late....started in Illinois, took the scenic route thru Atlanta Georgia and then back to Albany NY. 

Something is really screwed up at USPS...... 

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

I delivered 6 parcels to the Torrance, CA post office on May 1, which were scanned in within an hour.  Since then, no tracking updates.  I opened 6 separate missing mail requests, since the PO branch supervisor refused to help.  The problem with these searches is that postal workers at the destination zones are the first to get notified to locate the items - -  and they check the tracking, see that it’s delayed at the origin and therefore not their problem, and they mark the case RESOLVED.  Back to square one... The worker at my local PO came right out and said that First Class mail gets low priority, and Media Mail is “Waaaaaaaaay on the back burner.”  I always assumed this, but never thought I’d hear a postal employee actually come out and say it. Meanwhile, the buyer refund requests are mounting up...

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

... 7 weeks and counting (and thankfully, a patient buyer).
6B6D4739-D9F1-49C1-8744-3505961FB81B.jpeg

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

USPS shipping delays..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you ever get your package?
Message 27 of 27
latest reply