cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Self Serve Kiosk didn't print postage

Ok, so I have used the USPS self serve kiosk to print at least 200 .70 cent stamps in the past.  Its how I ship the majority of my items.  Anywho, today of course is a postal holiday and I went in to print up some more stamps.  I got through about 15 of them before I realized the machine wasn't printing the stamps.  So I was charged around 10.50 in stamps I never got....Luckily I got the receipt so now I have to go battle the USPS about this and hope I either get replacement stamps or a refund.  Has anyone had this happen to them?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: USPS Self Serve Kiosk didn't print postage

you used a USPS machine and it failed to work correctly.... and you think because someone here used a machine and it failed to work correctly, would help you do what?

MACHINES fail and don't always work correctly..... even in Terminator the machines failed...i don't if that's true, but sounded good...

you have the recepit , so you go to the P.O. and talk to them... I am SURE it has happened before...so I am sure they can do something .... I am sure , even USPS, has had a machine fail to work properly-- 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I appreciate your response, even with all its snarkiness.  I was merely asking if anyone has been in this situation, and maybe has an idea on how to help, that is all.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

It has happened to thousands of people.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Machines do fail, and most likely others using the same machine will experience the same result.

First thing Tuesday morning, call or visit the PO in question and explain what happened. By this time the machine probably has an "out of order" sign on it so you should have no problem obtaining the postage for which you paid.

By the way, it's probably easier to keep a supply of actual postage stamps and stick them on your non-machinable letters. Forever stamps bought now can save you money later on when postage rates rise.

Has this ever happened to me? No, I don't use automated self-service postal kiosks. But several years ago, a bank ATM failed to deliver $270 in cash the evening before I was scheduled on an early-morning flight to California. Immediately I called the bank's fraud department to report the malfunctioning machine; I also called the local police precinct so they could assign a patrol officer to the location until authorities could disable the machine. Next day, at a San Diego bank, I obtained the cash I needed. Fortunately, my account balance easily covered both withdrawals and the "missing" funds were restored within a few days.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

How would an ATM give you $270 ?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@sam9876 wrote:

How would an ATM give you $270 ?

In $10,  and $20 bills.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I don't think any ATM machines would dispense anything but $20 bills a few years ago.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Credit Unions often give in $10 increments. At least in the South West
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Interesting.

My federal credit union only dispenses $20 bills in their ATMs.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Yes.

And as a suggestion - do not BATTLE the post office. No one likes someone jumping in their face.

I have just showed the receipt and gotten a refund. NO HASSLES.

Keep it civil.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread HERE.

Thanks.HERE

Message 12 of 12
latest reply